Manual Testing Test Cases Template: Automation is a great thing, but as you automate more and more of your testing process, you will eventually run into manual test cases. Manual test cases are those that you would typically have to perform by hand before running a particular automated test. They include things like verifying some piece of data or checking the end result of a given task.
When it comes to writing the Manual Test Cases, some testers feel it is a boring job, but from the test cases, we can know what to test and how to test. So writing good test cases is a valuable asset for the organization, And also improves the productivity of the team and helps your organization to create quality software.
What is the Manual Test Cases Template?
if we search in Google for the definition, according to Wikipedia
A test case is a specification of the inputs, execution conditions, testing procedure, and expected results that define a single test to be executed to achieve a particular software testing objective, such as to exercise a particular program path or to verify compliance with a specific requirement.
|Topics||Manual Test Cases & Template|
|Join Online||SoftwareTestingo Telegram Group Link|
How To Write Test Cases In Manual Testing?
Now we will see how to write test cases in manual testing. Here first we will create the test case template and then we will implement the test cases as per the requirement. So explain to you I’m going to take here the functionality of the Facebook login page.
So for creating a test case template, I’m going to open an excel sheet and need to add the required fields in that. So before start writing the test case template let’s see what are fields necessary in a test case template while writing test cases. Here is the fields list:
- Project Name
- Module Name
- Created By
- Creation Date
- Reviewed By
- Reviewed Date
- Test Scenario ID
- Test Scenario Description
- Test Case ID
- Test Case Description
- Test Steps
- Post Conditions
- Expected Result
- Actual Result
- Executed By
- Executed Date
- Comments ( if any )
For details on how to write test cases in manual testing, we have already shared a detailed article on our SoftwareTestingo Blog. You can check by clicking on the How to Write Test Cases in the Software Testing. link.
Manual Testing Test Cases
We have noticed mostly in the interviews, the interviewer gives some real-time scenarios and expects manual testing test cases. In that time, if you have good knowledge of that scenario then you need to think as much as possible test scenario and if you are not aware of such a scenario then you can ask for the details of the scenario which is called Business rules and acceptance criteria.
Manual Testing Test Cases Example
We Know if someone started his/her career as a manual tester, then the first assigned work for him may be writing test cases. In that time you may be looking for Test Cases in Software Testing Examples PDF which will help you to understand how to write test cases.
Here we are going to provide you with the manual testing projects with test cases pdf. So that if you have been searching for Test Cases in Software Testing Examples PDF, then we will be happy by sharing the below test cases with you.
The below manual testing projects with test cases pdf can be used for software testing, performance testing, and penetration testing. The test case example for manual testing provided in the PDF is only an example to give you a better idea of how these tools work best in the software development environment (development/testing).
Functional Test Case Examples
When you saw the headline you may be think What is functional test case example? So let us try to explan what is What is functional test case example.
A functional test case is a valuable tool for testers that helps ensure that a new function or feature works as expected. By creating and running a functional test case, you can quickly determine if the function or feature is working as intended. This process helps to prevent any unexpected side effects from occurring during the release process, which could lead to chaos and instability.
Functional tests should be conducted throughout the development cycle – at the initial design stage, during development, and after release. They help to identify potential issues early on so that they can be fixed before users experience them. Additionally, continuous testing allows for corrections to be made as soon as they’re identified – saving time and resources both now and in the future. So, why make sure your functions work as expected? It’s simple – without proper functionality verification, there’s no way of knowing whether your product is ready for release!
- Test Cases For Banking Application In Excel Sheet
- Test Cases For Telecom Billing System
- Test Cases For Fund Transfer
- Test Cases For Video Streaming Application
- Test Cases For User Roles And Permissions
- Test Cases For Online Examination System
- OTP Test Cases
- Test Cases For Hotel Booking
- Test Cases For Flight Booking Functionality In Excel Sheet
- Test Cases For Export Functionality
- Test Cases For Courier Management System
- Data Migration Test Cases
- Text To Speech Test Case
- Test Cases For Library Management System
- Test Cases For Hospital Management System
- Test Cases For Video Player
- Test Cases For IFSC Code
- Test Cases For Video Conferencing APP
- Test Cases For Analog Alarm Clock
- Test Cases For Mobile Phone
- Triangle Test Cases
- Test Cases For Addition Of Two Numbers
- Test Cases For Factorial Program
- Estimated Time Of Arrival Formula
- Api Test Cases In Excel
- Test Cases For Smart Watch
- Test Scenarios For Paper
- Test Cases For Whiteboard Testing
- Test Cases For Water Bottle
- Test Cases For TV Remote
- Test Cases For Table
- Test Cases For Stapler
- Speedometer Test Cases
- Test Cases For Pen Drive
- Test Cases For Pencil
- Test Cases For Pen
- Test Cases For Laptop
- Test Cases For Headphones Test
- Test Cases For Door
- Test Cases For CCTV Camera
- Test Cases For Chair
- Test Cases For Car
- Test Cases For Calculator
- Bluetooth Test Cases
- Test Cases For Blackboard Duster
- Test Cases For Bottle
- Test Cases For Bike
- Test Case For Water Purifier
- Test Cases For Traffic Signal
- Test Cases For Toaster Test
- Test Cases For TV
- Test Cases For Smart TV
- Test Cases For Refrigerator
- Test Cases For Microwave Oven
- Test Cases For Lift
- Ipad Test Cases
- Test Cases For Fan
- Test Cases For Elevator
- Test Case For Electronic Reader
- Test Cases For Bulb
- Test Cases For Coffee Machine
- Test Cases For AC
- Test Cases For ATM Machine
- Test Cases For Mouse
- Test Cases For Keyboard
- Test Cases For Notepad
- Test Case Find And Replace Dialog Box
- File Transfer Test Case
- Copy Paste Test Case
- Test Cases For Calendar
- Database Testing Test Cases Example
- Credit Card Test Cases
- Shipping Confirmation Email Example
- New Folder Naming Test Scenario
Mobile App Test Cases
Nowadays mobile app is common for every application. So mobile app test cases are important to validate the functionality of the various mobile application. So as per the request here we are came with some mobile app test cases in details.
- Test Cases For Push Notifications
- Test Cases For Mobile Application
- Login SSO Test Cases
- Test Cases For Gmail
- Test Cases For Gmail Login Page
- Test Cases For Youtube
- Test Cases For Instagram Login Page
- Test Cases For Paytm Wallet
- Test Cases For Google Search
- Test Case For SMS Testing
- Test Scenarios For Ola App
- Test Case For Uber Cab Booking Online
- Test Cases For Google Meet
- Test Cases For Whatsapp
- Test Cases For Whatsapp Group Chat
- Test Cases For Messaging App
- Test Cases For Facebook Chat Application
- Test Cases For Facebook Login Page
- Test Cases For Facebook
- Test Cases For Facebook Chat Application
- QR Code Test
- Test Cases For Amazon Shopping Cart
- Test Cases For Checkout Page
- Test Cases For E-commerce Website In Excel
- Test Cases For Amazon Search Functionality
- Amazon Test Cases
- Test Cases For Amazon Login Page
- Test Case For Discount Offer
- Payment Gateway Test Cases Excel
- Test Cases For Amazon Devices
Test Cases Example For Web Application
When we are validating an web application, its a very difficult task because web applications are cotaining somany elements. So validating each of those web elements need details test cases. We have list down somany web elements postivive and negative test cases of those elements.
Sample Functional Test Cases Example For Web Application In Manual Testing
We are getting so many requests for updating more and more test cases example for web applications. We guess one of the major reasons is as manual testers we mostly validate the web applications. This is one of the most time-consuming for any QA or testers because in a web application you can find somany web elements and you have to validate each of them.
so as per your request we are trying to bring as many Web applications test scenarios or test cases. We hope these test cases example for web applications will help you get an idea of how to validate the web elements of a web page.
We have shared some of the web page elements functional test cases for web applications in manual testing. But when we are validating different applications we may find some new web page elements. So if possible you can share those elements’ details with us so that we will try to share the sample functional test cases example for web applications in manual testing.
- Test Cases For Disable Field
- Toggle Button Test Cases
- Test Cases For Email Id Field
- Test Cases For Reset Password
- Test Cases For Download Functionality
- URL Test Cases
- Tooltip Test Cases
- Test Cases For Social Network Widgets
- Test Cases For Search Functionality
- Test Cases For Search Filter
- Radio Button Test Cases
- Test Cases For User Profile Page
- Test Cases For Pincode Field
- Password Test Cases
- Test Cases For Links
- Test Cases For Navigation Bar
- Forgot Password Test Cases
- Test Cases For Edit Functionality
- Dropdown Test Cases
- File Upload Test Cases
- Test Cases For Popup Window
- Test Cases For Delete Functionality
- Field Validation Test Cases Example
- Test Cases For Currency Converter
- Captcha Test Cases
- Test Cases For Button
- Test Cases For Expand And Collapse
- Test Case For Registration Page In Excel Sheet
- Ui Test Cases For Web Application
- Test Cases For Registration Form
- Tabs Test Case
- Test Case For Website Slow Test
- Test Cases For Registration Page
- Test Cases For Header And Footer
- Test Editor Test Case
- Test Cases For Shopping Website In Excel
- Logout Test Cases
- Test Cases For Login Page In Excel Sheet
- Test Cases For Name Field
- Sample Test Cases For Cross Browser Testing
- Test Cases For Contact Us Page
- Test Cases For Address Book
- Test Cases For Delete Functionality
- Payroll Testing Scenarios
- Checkbox Test Cases
- Change Password Test Cases
How to Write Manual Test Cases?
- When you are writing test cases you have to keep in kind some points, like write the test case in such a way that in each step it will test one thing at a time. don’t make it complicated by testing multiple things in a single test scenario.
- Try to cover both positive and negative test cases, so that it will help to provide a quality product to the users, and also it helps the organization.
- Try to write the test cases in a simple word that every word can easily understand.
- Write the test steps in a passive voice like do this. Do that, and it should be.
- When you writing test steps try to use the exact name for the fields.
Download Test Scenario Template | Manual Test Case Template
Every business person wants to understand and use the software, but not all are able to make a full test plan. A Manual test scenario template helps in creating a complete test plan for testing the software at different stages of development. This test case example template helps developers test the software without writing any code by automating the entire process of building, executing, and monitoring the tests.
Manual test cases are one of the most important aspects of any testing process. They help you to define what needs to be tested, and how it needs to be tested. Below we will provide a test case example template for manual test cases that you can download and use in your testing process.
For Reference, You Can Take reference to these below manual test cases template:
- Hackathon Test Case Sample
- Live Project Test Case
- Sample Test Cases
- Spicejet Test cases
- Test Case Design Techniques
- Test Cases Examples
- Test Cases Prepared By A Testers
- Test case template
- Test Case For Google Web Page
- Test Case For Text To Speech Application
- Test Cases For Amazon Payment Process
- Test Case For Amazon Review Page
Note: The template format may vary from organization to organization because every organization follows according to their requirement.
Manual test cases are one of the most important parts of any software testing. A good manual test case is a must for every tester to be able to understand the application better and to find all the bugs in it.
This article will help you to get started with creating a manual test case from scratch and will give you a step-by-step process on how to create a good manual test case that would help you in understanding your application better.
So, start reading this article and try out some of the test case examples for manual testing given here so that you can create your own manual test cases which would help you in understanding your application better and also make sure that your team members can easily follow up with these manual test cases.
If you are interested in this topic, you can share this article with your friends and if any reader found some missing points. If you have any suggestions or feedback about this article, please share with us in the comment section below. You can also write your own articles for our blog.
FAQs on Manual Test Case Template
What is a manual test case?
The Manual Test Scenario represents a series of associated actions or functions and helps set up a condition to test or even multiple conditions as they relate to a specific functional area. Where the test case tells you how to test something, the test scenario tells you what to test.
What is a manual testing example?
Manual testing, as the term suggests, refers to a test process in which a QA manually tests the software application in order to identify bugs. To do so, QAs follow a written test plan that describes a set of unique test scenarios.
What is a test case in QA?
A test case describes the conditions and variables under which a tester will examine if a digital product works correctly in small, comprehensible test steps. It is a set of actions executed to verify a particular feature or functionality of the software application.
What is a good test case?
The whole point of writing good test cases is providing test coverage as widely as possible. Each test case must aim to cover as many features, user scenarios, and as much of the workflow as possible.
What is the test case and use case?
A Use Case is used to define a system that how to use the system for performing a specific task. and A Test Case is defined as a group of test inputs, execution conditions, and expected results that further lead to developing a particular test objective.
What is the Jira test case?
A new test case is defined by creating a new TestCase issue in Jira and filling in the required fields such as Summary, Description, and Component. For each release where this test is going to be run, a subtask of the issue is created and the Affects Version field is set to the release.