Accordion Widget Test Case
In this post of softwaretestingo, we are going to cover the test cases for the Accordion widget. we can see this component is very often used in various pages of web applications like support pages where FAQs are arranged.
These widgets are work more similar to tabs, but the only difference is by default Accordion has hidden property. When you place the mouse over the widget and click on them then that time it will extend.
|Test Scenario Overview|
|Post On:||Test Case For Accordion widget|
|Post Type:||Test Case|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
In the last post, we covered the test cases for tabs, which were from the Jquery UI widget library. So if you want to learn more about the test cases of tabs before reading this post, go ahead and check it.
How Accordion Widget Works
In order to see how the Accordion Widget works, I suggest you check this URL where we are adding an Accordion Widget. If you can see the widget when you click on the widget its expanding and the content is displaying inside that.
you can see one of the best features of these Accordion Widget is, it has properties to hide the previously collapsed content and show only the currently focused one.
Before writing the test scenario on Accordion Widget, I suggest taking a look at the Accordion widget to get the idea of how developers can implement the functionality.
If you still want to know as you are not able to get the full idea about this application then you can more by click here
Test cases for Accordion Widget
- Check after a click on the Accordion it open the content of the clicked section.
- Check the content of non clicked section of the Accordion should be in the hidden mode.
- Check is the Accordion is behaving on mouse hover or mouse click
- Check if the accordion is supporting the auto height or have fixed height.
- Check if the section is collapsed with mouse hover properly.
- Check if the sections are sortable or not.
- Check the width and height of the Accordion is as per the specification document.
- Check when you expand the Accordion areas it should not affect other elements of the page or it should not break any functionality of the page.
- Check is the expanding of the section is relevant to the mouse click or mouse hover.
- Check the expanded section is not autohide after some time.
- Check the default state of the section in an Accordion widget.
- Check if this state of the accordion is as per the specification for the webpage.
- Check if all sections toggle properly.
- Check if the behavior of the toggle is limited to the section and doesn’t interfere with the entire placing of the accordion.
- Check if all the sections can be expanded and close back again.
- Check if the accordion color is as per the specification.
You also can get an overall idea by following the below test case sample templates:
- Hackathon Test Case Sample
- Live Project Test Case
- Sample Test Cases
- Spicejet Test cases
- Test Case Design Techniques
- Test Cases Examples
- Test Cases Prepared By A Testers
- Test case template
I think we are trying to cover very basic possible scenarios. But if you are going through about these Accordion Test case then you can find more test cases.
We have also already informed earlier like before writing test cases about any application or object try to understand the application. If you want to verify some of the scenarios then you can do that by using automation.
If you found some missed test cases of Accordion widget feel free to update us by commenting on the comment section. Or if you want to contribute to the testing community then you can share us email@example.com.
✅ Where we can find Accordion Widget on a web application?
You can see the implementation of Accordion Widget on support pages or FAQ pages of the web application.
✅ What is benfits of using Accordion Widget?
Accordion Widget are mailnly used to display text in a collapsed, condensed manner. Which helps in save space and also increase the user experience.
✅ How to add Accordion Widget in an wordpress Blog?
You can found number of WordPress plugin for adding this feature in your wordpress blog.