In this post, we are sharing some of the topmost asked TestNG interview questions and answers. If you have read our previous post, we have already shared some of the Selenium interview questions. Then you maybe think like why again in a separate post we are sharing these TestNG interview questions.
Let me tell you if you are working as a Selenium automation tester, and then, you know the importance of TestNG in your testing script. Because if you are going to develop in the Selenium automation framework, then you cannot develop without using TestNG robustly.
To improve your knowledge of TestNG, we also write a dedicated TestNG Tutorial where we have shared all the different possible TestNG Concepts and how to implement those various testing scenarios in your automation test script.
Those testers who have already used TestNG in their projects can directly jump to the TestNG interview questions. But those are started learning of Test NG, we highly recommended to them to go through the test NG tutorial first.
Interview Questions On TestNG
- What is the importance of the testng framework?
- Why do we use TestNG in your framework
- What is the purpose of testing XML
- Explain the purpose of listeners? is it the selenium concept of TestNG?
- Case Scenario: How to run the same method 100 times in TestNG with the same data?
- What is the reporting tool in your framework? and why?
- Some questions in TestNG XML?
- What are different testng annotations?
- How can you configure tests in testng?
- What is @dataprovider?
- Difference between @Factory and @DataProvider?
- @Factory explain with real-time example?
- Test Order in TestNG?
- How to add/remove test cases in Testng.xml?
- Explain the difference between beforemethod, beforetest, and beforeclass
- List out the testng annotation hierarchy order?
- How do you achieve parallel execution using testng?
- Out of 50 test cases, how you will run only the failed test cases?
- How can you take the screenshot for the failed test cases?
- How can you run the same tests 10 times?
- Types of Listeners?
- TestNG: Parallel executions, Grouping?
- Difference between after suite and before suite?
- What is the use of testng.xml?
- How many suits can be there in testNG, what if I run all the suits?
- Syntax to perform parallel testing in TestNG and what do you write in also what do you mention in double-quotes like parallel = “ ”
- In testNG, do we have multiple suites in one XML file, and what If I want to run all suits?
- What is invocationcount in testng?
- Cucumber tags and annotations?
- What is your background in Cucumber?
- Difference between Scenario and Scenario Outline?
- Write skeleton of test runner?
- Explain retry analyzer?
- Cucumber tags? And how to run different combinations of tags when multiple tags are present
- Difference between hooks and tags?
- one @test is there, would like to give a chance 3 times whenever it fails?
TestNG Interview Questions
- Why should we prefer using WebDriver instead of Selenium IDE?
- What is the easiest way to get the value from a text field in Selenium?
- How will you get the HTML source of an <WebElement> in Selenium WebDriver using Python/Java/C#?
- How to initialize a list of web elements in Selenium Webdriver?
- What is the best way to click screenshots when a test fails in Selenium 2.0?
- How to fix the below chrome driver error in Selenium?
- What is the right way to run Selenium WebDriver test cases in Chrome?
- What to do for setting up the <InternetExplorerDriver> for Selenium 2.0?
- What would you do to make the <WebDriver> wait for a page to refresh before executing the test?
- How to get the Selenium wait until the document is ready?
- How to get Selenium to wait until the element is present?
- What is the fundamental difference between wait () and sleep()?
- How can we run a particular TestNG test group using a maven command?
- Which command will you use to run a single test method in maven?
- How can we run all the tests of a TestNG class?
- What will you do to run the Selenium tests without using the <testng.xml>?
- How to disable an entire Selenium test in TestNG?
- How can we attach a failure screenshot to the testNG report?
- What would you do to configure the parallel execution of tests and classes in <testng.xml>?
Test NG Interview Questions
- Annotations in testng
- Difference between @BeforeTest and @BeforeMethod
- Soft assert vs Hard Assert
- How to pass parameters to test methods
- Use of data provider
- Use of invocationCount, enabled, priority, dependsOnMethod, dependsOnGroups, alwaysRun, dataProvider, groups, timeout, expectedExceptions, singleThreaded, etc
- TestNg xml structure
- How to group test cases
- Use of IRetryAnalyzer class
- How to run failed test cases
- How to perform parallel testing.
- What level user can perform parallel testing
- Use of ISuiteListener Methods
- Use of TestListenerAdaptor methods
- How to ignore packages and classes.
- Can the user provide negative value for setting priority?
TestNG Interview Questions For Experienced
- All Documents in official testNG website- annotations
- Soft assertions using TestNG and Custom soft assertions.
- TestNG, TestNG XML, TestNG API
- Customized TestNG Report
- Parallel testing and Threading usage
- What is groups in testNG, how can we execute particular group test cases?
- Different annotation sequence
- What is Parameterized testing in TestNG
- Data Providers
- What is the use of @Listener annotation in TestNG
the above testNG interview questions we can compile after interacting with so many candidates who have already attended some of the interviews. Many candidates face these questions in different interviews, they have applied for the job position from the fresher level to an experience level.
From the list, you can find out some of the interview questions I have faced when I am given an interview. That’s why these are the best test engineer interview questions that can help you to get and confidence that you can answer those testNG interview questions.
- Manual Testing Tutorials
- Selenium Tutorials
- Core Java Tutorials
- Software Testing Interview Questions
- Manual Testing Interview Questions
- Selenium Interview Questions
We recommended that you have to go through the above test engineer interview questions before you appear in an interview because these questions can help all types of testers like a beginner or intermediate candidates.
If you have found any missed TestNG interview questions essential or have faced in an interview, but that is not listed here, you can comment in the comment section. We will add it to the list to build a better platform for the testing community.