Manual Testing Tutorial
Welcome guys to you and another brand new post of softwaretestingo. Where we are going to share all Software Testing Tutorial (manual testing tutorial) concepts under one blog post, because of this, we are getting so many requests for materials for manual testing.
Because those interested in starting his career are its tester, the primary step is manual testing. So in this Software Testing Tutorial or manual testing tutorial where try to cover all the possible concepts and topics in detail. We assure you that if you with all the concept of manual testing, then we can say that you can easily crack any interview for a manual tester position.
Because we are trying to cover all the manual testing concepts with some easy steps and also we have added some real-time examples so that you can easily understand the topics or concepts.
And also, we are trying to prepare the topics of the manual testing tutorial in such a way that it can be helpful for a beginner as well as experience peoples. Because we have also got some messages from the experience manual testers to provide some materials, show that recall the subject whenever they want.
In the series of manual testing tutorials, we have arranged all the manual testing concept HS section-wise, and inside each section, we tried to add all the possible manual testing concepts.
Manual Testing Tutorial ( Software Testing Tutorial ) Basics
Before starting the manual testing tutorial, the fundamental question may come to your mind: What is manual testing, and why do we need manual testing? Because we think in the process of finding an answer or solution for your questions, you are looking for something on Google. And from there, you got to know about softwaretestingo.
What are the prerequisites or requirements to start a manual testing tutorial?
For starting the manual testing tutorial, you should know about fundamental things like:
- The basic idea of computer knowledge and software engineering
- Strong will or interest to learn this is software testing skills
What is Software testing or Manual Testing?
As Per the software testing definition, Manual testing is nothing but a process of testing, which is carried out manually to find or identify the bug, issues, or defect of a software application. The main aim of a manual tester or a software tester is to break the system and understand the response of the order in various scenarios.
Finally, the system’s behavior is again cross-checked against the desired system behavior or the expected behavior. If a software tester notices any difference between expected behavior and current behavior, then the tester raises an issue and reports it is a bug.
Below we have shared all the Manual testing tutorial link with the concept name. For reading that tutorial clicks on the link, and it will redirect you to the respective topics.
Manual Testing Concepts | Software Testing Basic Tutorials
- What is Software Testing?
- Software Testing Principles
- Testing Terminology
- Software Quality
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control (QC)
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Models
I think you have got an overall idea about what is software testing and different software testing principles. Now we can progress towards the Software development life cycle which is also popularly called SDLC Models.
In simple words, if we say the Software development life cycle is nothing but some set of activities that we are performing during each phase of Software Development.
We are also going to learn different types of Software development life cycle (SDLC) models and their advantages and disadvantages. Below we have tried to mention various Software development life cycle models, you can check that too:
- What is SDLC Model?
- Waterfall Model or methodology
- V Model in SDLC
- Scrum Agile Methodology
- Best Agile Practices
- What is a Sprint in Scrum?
Software Testing Techniques
The software testing design techniques help every software development project improve its overall quality and effectiveness. When the software application is developed, the next phase should be appropriately tested before delivering it to the end-user or the customer. So for testing a software application, there are two types of software testing techniques is following why the industry.
where try to cover software testing techniques in below blog post:
- Types Of Software Testing
- Software Testing Technique
- Structure-based Test Design Techniques
- White-box Testing
- Black-box Testing
- Equivalence Partitioning Testing Technique
- Boundary Value Analysis Testing Technique
- Decision Table Test Design Technique
- State Transition Test Design Technique
Software Testing Life Cycle
The software testing life cycle is nothing but a testing process, which in some specific steps to be executed in a definite order to confirm that the product’s quality goals have been met. In the software testing, life cycle dinner different phases are there, and each phase or activity should be carried for a systematic and planned way show that at the end of the phase, the end-user will get his goals and also deliverables.
The phases are not common for all organizations; based on the organization require different organizations have different phases of SDLC. For more information regarding the software testing life cycle, we have added some of the details below. You can check it out for more information there:
- STLC – Software Testing Life Cycle
- What is a Test Strategy?
- What is a Test Plan?
- What is a Test Case?
- What is a Test Scenario?
- How to write effective test cases?
- Test case Template (Download Xls)
- Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Defect and Defect Reporting Template
- Defect Life Cycle
- Jira Bug Life Cycle
- Bug Report
- When should we stop testing [ Exit Criteria ]?
Software Testing Types
Developing a software application, the very next thing we are doing is testing because testing is a process to execute a program to find errors on that software application or area application.
That’s why software companies are hiring QA tester and also using so many automation testing tools. The main job of any QA tester is to perform different types of software testing automation testing, functional testing, performance testing ( load testing ), and other various software testing methodologies.
That’s why we have come up with many different types of software testing techniques in the detailed post. You can check all those software testing techniques by using the below links:
- Manual Testing
- Automation Testing
- Performance Testing
- Acceptance Testing
- Load Testing
- Stress Testing
- Functional Testing
- Alpha Testing
- Beta Testing
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Smoke Testing
- Sanity Testing
- Integration Testing
- Database Testing
- Exploratory Testing
- Regression Testing
- System Testing
- Unit Testing in software testing
- A/B Testing
- Monkey or Gorilla Testing
- Adhoc Testing
- Penetration or Pen Testing
- Usability Testing
- Cookie Testing
- Web Service Testing
- Scenario Testing
- Stability Testing
- Cloud-Based Apps Testing
- Unstructured and Unplanned Testing
During the learning process of Manual testing, we have seen some of the most popular and confusing terms. So for better understanding those terms and the key difference between those terms, we will discuss in this category.
- Manual and Automation Testing
- Alpha & Beta Testing
- Smoke and Sanity Testing
- Positive and Negative Testing
- Performance Testing Vs Load Testing Vs Stress Testing
- Adhoc Testing and Exploratory Testing
- White-box and Black-box Testing
- System and Integration Testing
- Verification and Validation
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- SDLC and STLC
- Test Plan and Test Strategy
- Master Test Plan And Test Plan
- Test Case and Test Scenario
- Agile and Waterfall Model
- Agile and Scrum Methodology
- Error, Defect, Fault, Failure, and Bug
Manual Testing Interview Questions
We are sure that after going through all the ab manual testing tutorials, you will be good at attending any interview for a manual testing position. We suggest that before attending any interview, you should go with the sum of the previously asked real-time manual testing interview question.
These manual testing interview questions will also help you get an overall idea about the different types of problems or from which concept the interviewer is asking most of the manual testing interview questions.
If you want to crack the interview for the manual testing position, go through all the manual testing interview questions, and try to answer them. If you follow this process, then it will help you to crack any manual testing interview easily because this will give you and confidence. So for the software testing interview question, you can refer the below links:
- Manual Interview Questions
- Manual Testing Interview Questions
- Testing Interview Questions
- HR Interview Questions
- 150 Software Testing Interview Questions
- Agile Testing Interview Questions
Other Testing Related Stuff
Software Testing Life Cycle ( STLC )
- How to Write Test Cases
- Severity & Priority With Real-Time Examples
- Manual Test Case Scenario Template [ Download Excel ]
- Test Plan
Others Manual Testing Concepts
- Important Website Checking List
- Operational Readiness Test
- Risk Analysis in Software Testing
- Difference Between Master Test Plan And Test Plan
- Defect Triage Meeting
- Current Projects Not Using Manual Testing Find Reasons
- Software Localization Testing Checklist
- Manual Test Cases Scenario Template
- Testing Terminology Questions
- Important Website Checking List
Manual Testing Interview Questions
Manual Subjective interview Questions
We are still trying to add more Manual Testing Concepts. So, keep regularly visiting for the latest updates.