Software System Testing: System testing means testing the complete application after fully integrated, verifying the behavior of the application as per the requirement document or not. This plays an important role for delivering a high-quality product because in this testing we try to evaluate the end-user requirements is met or not,
this testing is one type of black-box technique, and it is carried out to evaluate how the software is working on the external environment with the help of requirement document. It is based upon the user point of view. This testing is carried out after the completion of integration testing, where we verify both the functional and non-functional requirements. For performing system testing, it does not require the code knowledge or structure of the code.
Why is System testing important?
- In the SDLC process, during the system testing the whole system.
- The environment of system testing is similar to the environment of production, so stakeholders get a good idea about the product, and they can verify that it is met their requirement or not.
- it helps in troubleshooting and support calls after deployment
- In this testing, the whole team evaluates that it met user requirements or not.
Software Testing Hierarchy
There is a different level of testing used in the testing process, and each level of testing has different aspects of the system. there are mainly 4 categories are there
Unit Testing: In this process, testing is done during the development process, while the developer developed the code. They are also performing unit testing. the objective of unit testing verifies that each unit is working as expected.
Integration testing: it is started once you have completed the unit testing. So once each unit is verified and tested, then the septate units and combined and tested as a single unit, and after that, testers verify that the whole integration is working as expected or not. Most of the defects are found in this testing.
System testing: this is the first time where we are testing the whole application from end to end of a fully integrated software product before its launch to deliver to the client.
Acceptance Testing: In this testing, for the first time, the client is testing the application with the requirement on which the client is agreed. This is one type of beta test where the actual and end-users use the application, and they validate the end to end business flow.
- Unit Test should be completed and verified.
- The integration of all modules should be completed.
- As per the specification document, software development should be completed.
- The environment is available for testing.
- All the test cases should be executed
- No major, critical, and security-related bug in an open state.
- The exit report should be submitted.
Different type of System Testing
here we have listed some list of system testing which is software development companies typically use
- Usability testing: it is mainly focused on easy to use the application, flexibility during handling the controls, and ability of the system to met objectives.
- Load testing: in this test, we try to know how the developed product works on real-life loads and the environment.
- Regression testing: it helps us to verify that none of the new issues occurs during the development process.
- Recovery Testing: it helps us to demonstrate that the software solution is reliable, trustworthy, and can be successfully recovered from possible crashes.
If the system testing is not done, then there may be the chance of facing some critical issues in the live environment. So a thorough system testing is always preferable.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about this topic discussed above, then you can use our contact us page.