QA Interview Questions: Quality assurance (QA) plays a critical role in ensuring the success of software projects by identifying defects, improving software quality, and ensuring that software meets customer requirements. As such, the role of a QA professional has become increasingly important, and the interview process for QA positions is rigorous.
QA interview questions test a candidate’s knowledge of software testing methodologies, quality assurance principles, and problem-solving skills. These questions can cover many topics, including test planning, test design, test execution, defect management, automation, and more.
During a QA interview, candidates may be asked to explain how they would approach a specific testing scenario, such as testing a web application or a mobile app. They may also be asked to discuss their experience with test automation tools or their knowledge of specific programming languages.
Another common area of questioning is the candidate’s familiarity with industry-standard QA frameworks and methodologies, such as Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall. Interviewers may ask about the candidate’s experience with specific tools used in these frameworks, such as Jira or Trello.
In addition to technical questions, candidates may also be asked about their soft skills, such as their ability to communicate effectively with team members, their problem-solving approach, and their willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies.
QA Interview Questions For Freshers
- What is the Role of the Tester?
- Define what Software Testing is.
- What is the difference between Severity and Priority?
- What is the difference between Regression and Retesting?
- How will you convince a developer who is not ready to resolve the bug you have raised?
- What is the difference between Debugging and Unit testing?
- Have you done White Box Testing? Do you know what type of bugs you can trace through this type of testing?
- What is the important column in the Test case?
- What is the use of any Test Case Management tool?
- Why is testing it necessary?
- What is the Bug Life Cycle?
- How do you decide which test cases to consider for Regression Testing?
- Is testing QA or QC?
- Differentiate between Integration Testing and System Testing.
- Have you participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)?
- Have you seen a Test Plan? Who prepares it?
- What are the various contents of a Test Plan?
- What methods of Black Box Testing have you used?
- Do you know Exploratory Testing?
- What is Prototyping? What are the various types?
- Define phases of SDLC.
- Which SDLC model your company follows?
QA Interview Questions for 3 Years Experience
- When do we write Stubs?
- What is the use of the Driver script?
- What kinds of reviews are conducted during the SDLC phase?
- What is the Role of Metrics in Testing?
- What are the key challenges of the Software Testing field?
- Explain your views about Quality.
- What is the advantage of using any bug-tracking tool?
- Explain website Usability testing.
- What are defect attributes?
- What is the pesticide paradox?
- Explain the V model.
- What is Load and Stress testing? Explain with an example.
- Differentiate between Verification and Validation?
- Explain Boundary Value Analysis with an example.
- What is the difference between a Web application and a Client-Server Application?
- What is Localization testing?
- What is the difference between Black box testing and White box testing?
- What is the difference between Authentication and Authorization? Give an example.
- Other than functionality, what else should you test in Web Application?
- How do you know that testing is enough?
- How will you test the reports?
- What is compatibility testing?
QA Interview Questions For 5 Years Experience
- If we test the application on IE 8, is it necessary to test it on IE 7?
- Difference between Smoke & Sanity testing.
- What is the difference between Requirement specification & Functional Specification?
- On what basis will you decide whether all the requirements are covered in the test cases?
- What is a Database? Which database are you aware of?
- What is Database Testing?
- What are Cookies? Any idea about Cookies Testing?
- Explain the Spiral Model.
- What are Stored Procedures?
- How many types of Joins are there?
- What are DML and DDL commands? Give examples.
- What is Normalization?
- What are the Primary key and Foreign key?
- What is RDBMS?
- What is the difference between delete & truncate?
- What design documents did you receive from PM?
- What documents are created in the Design phase?
- What challenges have you faced in testing so far?
- Have you seen our company website? What are the usability defects you have found?
- Differentiate between Load testing and Stress testing.
- Which documents does the test team submit during the testing period?
- How will you test an application without the requirement documents?
QA Interview Questions For 10 Years Experience
A good quality assurance (QA) interview questions list can help you prepare for a good QA interview. The QA interview is one of the most important parts of your job as a software engineer, so it’s important to know what questions are likely to be asked during an interview.
The best way to prepare for a QA interview is by reviewing the most common questions that will be asked and thinking about how you would answer them. This will give you an idea of what types of answers may work well in an interview and which could backfire.
- If there is a mistake in the company Logo, what are the Priority and Severity? Justify your answer.
- Can Stub/Driver be used as an independent module?
- Who prepares Test plans in your organization?
- Where features to be tested and features not to be tested are written in the test plan?
- What are Test Strategy and Test Approach?
- What is the data flow in your project?
- Where Regression Testing comes in Defect Life Cycle
- What is the difference between Integration and System Testing
- Examples of Non-Functional Testing?
- What is the difference between QC and QA?
- If 4 modules are there, like A, B, C, and D. All depend on each other. Suppose changes are made to Module C. Will you perform Regression Testing? If yes, how many test cases do you run again?
- How many test cases do you write in a single day?
- Are you submitting the defects you found each day or submitting them when you finish a complete module?
- What is Data Migration Testing? What are the different approaches followed in Data Migration?
- What are broken links?
- What is a Closer Report?
- What is System Testing?
- What type of testing should we perform while testing a website
- What is Security Testing? The different aspects we should cover while doing security Testing
- Arrange the following testing types in sequence in which we test any application
- Functional Smoke Integration System Sanity Retesting Regression
- If the same software converts the English language PDF file to a Spanish word file, some lines show the converted data like @#$#$%#$%$#%$% (Special Character). Then is it a functional issue or a usability issue?
- If any bug is reproducible only on the Testing server and not on the Development server, how do you ensure the developer fixes that bug?
- If any bug is reproducible at the client side (in the production environment), not in the test environment, what are the different possibilities that this scenario occurs?
- What is security testing?
- What is Installation Testing?
- What is an Application Server? Give an example.
- Have you encountered any severe bugs in your application, and did you contribute, so it gets resolved?
- Have you ever prepared Test Plan?
- How do you define the Severity of a Bug?
- 123 You are given little understanding of the application; how long will it take to understand it?
- What do you think is why software has bugs?
- Explain error guessing with an example.
QA Interview Questions And Answers for Manual Testing
- What is a Windows registry?
- What are Object, multiple Inheritance, and Class in OOPS?
- What are Multitasking, Multithreading, and Multiprocessing?
- What is Stack and Queue in DS?
- Explain STLC.
- What is Functional Testing?
- What activities are done in Inspection?
- What is a Deferred Defect?
- The defect is not fixed in the Defect Life cycle, but the developer says it is fixed. Will you every time tell the Project lead about that?
- What is Equivalence Partitioning?
- How many regression cycles have you participated in?
- Realizing you won’t be able to test everything – how do you decide what to test first?
- What is SQA?
- What are the contents of the defect report?
- Explain the RTM template.
- What is the Big Bang type of testing?
- What is Traceability Matrix & Coverage Matrix?
- What is a fault, failure & defect?
- Which efficient method is to write (a) test scenarios and (b) Many test cases?
- What are UAT and Alpha and Beta Testing?
- Explain doubly and singly-linked lists.
- Explain OOPS features.
- What are the key challenges in testing?
- What is Hotfix?
- Where are Exit and Entry Criteria written in Test Plan?
- What are the different scenarios for verifying Email addresses?
- What is the query for the update table?
QA interview questions are an essential part of the hiring process for quality assurance professionals. These questions assess a candidate’s knowledge, skills, and problem-solving abilities in software testing and quality assurance. Candidates must prepare well in advance by reviewing software testing principles, industry-standard frameworks, and specific tools and technologies used in QA.
To improve your chances of success in a QA interview, it is recommended that you practice answering common QA interview questions and develop your problem-solving skills. It is also essential to demonstrate your ability to work collaboratively with other team members, communicate effectively, and adapt to changing technologies.
If you have any questions or suggestions about QA interview questions or the hiring process, please leave them in the comments section below.