QA Interview Questions: A good quality assurance (QA) interview questions list can help you prepare for a good QA interview. A strong and well-researched set of QA Interview Questions will give you an idea about the nature of your upcoming QA interview, as well as what the interviewer is looking for. Therefore, it’s important to choose a list that suits your own needs and is representative of the kind of job you are applying for.
Not every job requires a QA interview, but it is strongly advised that you prepare for one of them if the field in which you are applying has any bearing on your knowledge and skills in general. For example, when applying for a position as an administrator we’d recommend preparing sample QA interview questions focused mostly on office administration rather than Technical questions.
QA Interview Questions That May Be Asked During QA Interviews The type of question you are most likely to be asked in any kind of interview depends on the job for which you’re applying, but it is important that the questions reflect the situation as much as possible. It’s also worth mentioning here that sometimes certain employers may ask candidates more than one set or even all kinds of interview questions.
Therefore, it’s best to have a list that includes all possible kinds of questions you may be asked in this situation and even provides some additional ones if necessary. After creating your QA interview questions list it is important that you go through them one by one to make sure they cover all the bases as well as any potential pitfalls or problems with each question.
If there are certain topics presented in an interview question that doesn’t overlap with your knowledge and skills you may want to add further questions related to these topics. This way you’ll make sure that there is enough content for both the interviewer and yourself. If this doesn’t seem like a viable option, it’s perfectly fine not to answer some of the interview questions during QA interviews as long as they are clear on what kind of position or company they’re hiring for in general terms.
For example, if you are applying for a QA position at an online retailer company or some other company that doesn’t have physical office space where interviews take place, then your list of interview questions should mainly focus on computer-related topics like database management and network security.
However, if you are going to apply for a job in the healthcare industry (which is not uncommon these days) then it may be wise to include a few questions that focus on topics related to medical and health care.
QA Interview Questions For Freshers
- What is the Role of the Tester?
- Define what is Software Testing?
- What is the difference between Severity and Priority?
- What is the difference between Regression and Retesting?
- How will you convince a developer who is not ready to resolve the bug you have raised?
- What is the difference between Debugging and Unit testing?
- Have you done White Box Testing? Do you know what type of bugs you can trace through this type of testing?
- What is the important column in the Test case?
- What is the use of any Test Case Management tool?
- Why Testing is necessary?
- What is the Bug Life Cycle?
- How do you decide which test cases to consider for Regression Testing?
- Is testing QA or QC?
- Differentiate between Integration Testing and System Testing.
- Have you participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)?
- Have you seen a Test Plan? Who prepares it?
- What are the various contents of a Test Plan?
- What methods of Black Box Testing you have used?
- Do you know Exploratory Testing?
- What is Prototyping? What are the various types?
- Define phases of SDLC.
- Which SDLC model your company follows?
QA Interview Questions for 3 Years Experience
- When do we write Stubs?
- What is the use of the Driver script?
- What kinds of reviews are conducted during the SDLC phase?
- What is the Role of Metrics in Testing?
- What are the key challenges of the Software Testing field?
- Explain your views about Quality.
- What is the advantage of using any bug tracking tool?
- Explain website Usability testing.
- What are defect attributes?
- What is the pesticide paradox?
- Explain the V model.
- What are Load and Stress testing, explain with an example
- Differentiate between Verification and Validation?
- Explain Boundary Value Analysis with an example.
- What is the difference between a Web application and a Client-Server Application?
- What is Localization testing?
- What is the difference between Black box testing and White box testing?
- What is the difference between Authentication and Authorization give an example?
- Other than functionality what else you should test in Web Application?
- How do you know that testing is enough?
- How will you test the reports?
- What is compatibility testing?
QA Interview Questions for 5 Years Experience
- If we test the application on IE 8 then is it necessary to test it on IE 7?
- Difference between Smoke & Sanity testing.
- What is the difference between Requirement specification & Functional Specification?
- On what basis you will decide whether all the requirements are covered in the test cases?
- What is Database? Which database you are aware of?
- What is Database Testing?
- What is Cookies? Any idea on Cookies Testing?
- Explain Spiral Model?
- What are Stored Procedures?
- How many types of Joins are there?
- What are DML and DDL commands give examples?
- What is Normalization?
- What are the Primary key and Foreign key?
- What is RDBMS?
- What is the difference between delete & truncate?
- What design documents did you receive from PM?
- What are documents are created in the Design phase?
- What challenges you have faced in testing so far?
- Have you seen our company website? What are the usability defects you have found?
- Differentiate between Load testing and Stress testing.
- Which documents does the test team submit during the testing period?
- How will you test an application without and requirement documents?
QA Interview Questions for 10 Years Experience
A good quality assurance (QA) interview questions list can help you prepare for a good QA interview. The QA interview is one of the most important parts of your job as a software engineer, so it’s important to know what questions are likely to be asked during an interview. The best way to prepare for a QA interview is by reviewing the most common questions that will be asked and thinking about how you would answer them. This will give you an idea of what types of answers may work well in an interview situation and which ones could backfire.
- If there is a mistake in the company Logo, what are the Priority and Severity Justify your answer?
- Can Stub/Driver be used as an independent module?
- Who prepares Test plans in your organization?
- Where features to be tested and features not to be tested are written in the test plan?
- What is Test Strategy and Test Approach?
- What is the data flow in your project?
- Where Regression Testing comes in Defect Life Cycle
- What is the difference between Integration and System Testing
- Examples of Non-Functional Testing?
- What is the difference between QC and QA?
- If 4 modules are there like A, B, C and D. All are dependent on each other. If changes are done to Module C. Will you perform Regression Testing? If yes how many test cases do you run again?
- How many test cases do you write in a single day?
- Are you submitting the defects you found each day or submitting them when you finish a complete module?
- What is Data Migration Testing? What are the different approaches followed in Data Migration?
- What are broken links?
- What is Closer Report?
- What is System Testing?
- What type of testing should we perform while testing a website
- What is Security Testing? The different aspects we should cover while doing security Testing
- Arrange the following testing types in sequence in which we test any application
- Functional Smoke Integration System Sanity Retesting Regression
- If the same software converts the English language PDF file to a Spanish language word file And some lines are showing the converted data like @#$#$%#$%$#%$% (special Character). Then is it a functional issue or usability issue?
- If any bug is reproducible only on the Testing server and not on the Development server, how do you make sure that the developer fixes that bug?
- If any bug is reproducible at the client-side (in the production environment) not in the test environment what are the different possibilities that this scenario occurs.
- What is security testing?
- What is Installation Testing?
- What is an Application Server? Give example.
- Have you come across any severe bugs in your application and did you contribute so that it gets resolved.
- Have you ever prepared Test Plan?
- How do you define Severity to a Bug?
- 123 You are given little understanding of the application, how much time will you take to understand it?
- What do you think is why software has bugs?
- Explain error guessing with an example.
QA Interview Questions And Answers for Manual Testing
- What is a Windows registry?
- What is Object, multiple Inheritance, and Class in OOPS?
- What are Multitasking, Multithreading, and Multiprocessing?
- What is Stack, and Queue in DS?
- Explain STLC.
- What is Functional Testing?
- What activities are done in Inspection?
- What is a Deferred Defect?
- In the Defect Life cycle, you find that the defect is not fixed but the developer says that it is fixed will you every time tell the Project lead about that?
- What is Equivalence Partitioning?
- How many regression cycles you have participated in?
- Realizing you won’t be able to test everything – how do you decide what to test first?
- What is SQA?
- What are the contents of the defect report?
- Explain the RTM template.
- What is the Big Bang type of testing?
- What is Traceability Matrix & Coverage Matrix?
- What is a fault, failure & defect?
- Which is the efficient method to write (a) test scenarios (b) Many test cases?
- What is UAT and Alpha and Beta Testing?
- Explain doubly and singly-linked lists?
- Explain OOPS features?
- What are the key challenges in testing?
- What is Hotfix?
- Where Exit and Entry Criteria are written in Test Plan?
- What are different scenarios for verifying Email addresses?
- What is the query for the update table?
This is a list of the best quality assurance interview questions. These are the questions that you will be asked in an interview. You can also download these QA questions from our website and prepare for your next interview.
If you like these interview questions then you can share them with your friends and family members to help them in their next interview.