Dialog Box Test Cases & Test Case For Dialog Box
In this article, we discuss test cases for Dialog Box. Basically, we are going to check both functional and nonfunctional scenarios under which we are going to test the dialog box. You can take the below context of the test cases for the interview or for your work.
|Test Scenario Overview|
|Post On:||Test Case For Dialog Box|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
But you may have to adjust accordingly considering the one I have presented below are more of generic and context-specific test scenarios.
What is a dialog box?
Dialog boxes are like popup notifications. They have a specific purpose which is often short term. Let’s say you have a choice for the form and wish to notify the user before using the same. In such a case, you can make use of the dialog box and let the user make the choice. Also, you can use the same for letting the user decide if the choice made by them is reasonable. So basically dialog boxes are used in such scenarios.
Note: I assume that you have an application under test in which you have access to the dialog box. If not, just download the Visual Studio community edition. And then create one sample WinFormapplication and add the dialog box component on that form. When you execute this application, you have to fire up the event through the button or some other way and invoke the dialog box. So I assume you have done at-least this process on your own before you can assume the test scenarios for the dialog box.
|Related Test Cases|
|☑️ Date Field Test Cases||☑️ Database Testing Test Cases|
|☑️ Digital Camera Test Cases||☑️ Door Test Cases|
Take a look at the Dialog box image shown below.
Let’s assume the test scenarios and cases for this dialog box. As you can see the dialog box shown here is from the Notepad functionality here the dialog box is promoting the user to take action so let’s consider that scenario and form some test cases based on this test scenario.
Dialog Box Test Cases
Here are some of the test cases for the dialog box.
- Does this dialog box has any typos?
- Does this dialog box appear after a specific event being triggered?
- Does the display of this dialog box based on an event at the right location?
- Does the display of this dialog box based on the event at the right instance?
- Does the dialog box offers the option to save user data?
- Does the dialog box offers the option to discard action being triggered?
- Does the dialog box have to minimize button? If yes, is it working?
- Does the dialog box have to maximize button? If yes, is it working?
- Does the dialog box have a close button? If yes, is it working?
- Does the dialog box lock the user into taking action only specific to the dialog box while working with the application?
- Does the dialog box get higher priority on windows over other applications?
- Does the dialog box resizes itself?
- Does it allow the system tray or taskbar background operation while the user works on the dialog box?
- Does the dialog box have any localization context?
- Does the dialog box have any content adequately placed?
- Does the cancellation of the dialog box take the control back to the place where the event was triggered?
- Does the text content in the dialog box has any typos?
- Is there any input parameter in the dialog box?
- Is the input parameter in the dialog box go to the database?
- Is the input parameter in the dialog box go to local files?
- Does the dialog box designed as per the specification of size, shape, and color in the document?
- Does the dialog box appear each time the event is triggered as per the specification?
- Do the buttons in the dialog box appear as expected?
- Do the actions on the dialog box return the output as expected?
- Does the dialog box lag if there are too many background applications?
- Does the dialog box hang if the events triggered too fast?
- Does the dialog box have any impact on the system?
- Does the dialog box work on all browsers (if it’s a browser-specific application)?
- Does the dialog box work on all operating systems (if it’s a cross-platform application)?
- Does the dialog box content make sense to the user?
Some Other Dialog Box Test Case Scenarios
- Check whether the system supports notepad or not.
- Click on the windows button and select for the notepad and click on to open.
- Click on the Run tab and enter for the notepad. It should open.
- Click on the notepad shortcut icon, if any.it should open.
- After the successful opening of notepad, check for the Menu bar option.
- On the menu bar, select for File button and click to open the dialog box.
- A dialog box should open. In the dialog box, choose the option to the Open button.
- After selecting the option, the cursor should be highlighted on the screen of the notepad.
- After clicking on to Open button, by default, it should open the blank page to edit.
- Check for the functionality of the edit on the screen.
- ensure shortcut key is worked to open and close the dialog box
- Ensure dialog box is closed when pressing Esc button in keyboard
- make sure tooltip are available to all folders and files in the dialog box
- Ensure Help and Force close buttons are available in the right top corner of the dialog box
- ensure the dialog box is closed without alert notification when clicking the cancel button in the dialog box.
- Enter key should be worked to open the selected files
- Check whether can we able to select multiple files at a moment
These are some of the test cases I can think of right off the bat. Though there are many other scenarios, you can think of and consider working if you have any specific dialog box related to, for example, a desktop or the web-based application. Do let me know if you have any particular test cases missed by me. You may also want to try out other dialog boxes that can help you test out your scenario or the scenario your interviewer asked.
|Tasks To Improve Your Knowledge|
|☑️ Test scenarios for amazon||☑️ Test cases for shipping|
|☑️ Test cases for wishlist||☑️ Online test case editor|
|☑️ Sample test cases for amazon||☑️ Test cases for calendar|
|☑️ Test cases for placing an order||☑️ Test cases for online booking|
** Let We Inform you that if you want to improve your knowledge then you can take the above as a task and work on this. You may found that some of the tasks we have completed you can refer that. After Completion if you want to share with us that then you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In return for that maybe we plan something more surprising for your career.
I hope you find these test cases useful. If you have any other test cases and suggestions in mind, please feel free to suggest the comments. I’d appreciate it if you share the post on social media.