Gmail Test Cases In Excel Sheet Of Compose Mail, Login Page, Gmail Inbox & Registration Page: In this post, we are going to discuss some of the test cases for the Gmail application and also we will share test cases for Gmail in an excel sheet. If you can only imagine the Gmail application then you will find there are so many modules are there and for each module, you can write separate test cases. For Example test cases for compose mail, the test cases for Gmail login page in excel sheet, test cases for Gmail inbox, test cases for Gmail registration page, Gmail sign-up test cases, test cases for sending email,
But below we are going to see some of the test cases for the Gmail application’s most common functionalities only. We are limiting the test scenarios to receive email and compose mail functionalities only. For login and Registration functionality test cases, users can check Test Scenarios for Login Page and Test Scenarios for Registration Page.
|Post On:||Test Case For Gmail|
|Post Type:||Test Case|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Never Miss To Join:||Telegram Group|
Before writing about any test scenario, try first to find out a few things like:
- What are the elements of that screen?
- Write a Test case on each object.
- Try to find out all possible positive & negative test scenarios.
- Also, try to cover all types of test cases like functional & non-functional test cases.
If you have a mock of the screen of the requirement, then it will be easy for you to find out all the elements easily. But always you are not getting this chance, at that time you have to think of yourself.
Similar Test Cases
- Test Case For E-Wallet
- Test Case For Export to Excel From PDF
- Test Case For Flight Reservation System
- Test Case For Gmail Login Screen Page
- Test Case For Google Search
- Test Case For GST Number Field
Test Cases For Gmail
Gmail Sign Up Test Cases
- Check is all fields are present or not on the page as per the requirement document.
- Check is all the compulsory fields are marked with *.
- Check for a better user experience checkbox, radio button & dropdown are used on the Gmail registration page.
- Check the position of the reset, submit and cancel buttons location.
- Check after filling in all mandatory fields. If the user hits the submit button, then that should be sent to the server.
- Check after filling in all the fields. If the user clicks on the reset button, then all the field values should be cleared.
- Check Validation messages are displaying as per the input values on the client side.
- Check without filling all the mandatory fields if the user clicks on the submit button then missed compulsory fields should be highlighted with red color and also validation message should be displayed.
- Check if the user leaves blank some of the optional fields and clicks the submit button, then the filled data should be forwarded to the server without displaying any error.
- Check the maximum allowed characters for the input fields.
- Check only valid dates, and emails can only allow for the Date and email field.
- Check for the input fields leading, and trailing space is trimmed automatically.
- Check if you submit the same request multiple times to the server, then you should get a validation error message.
Test Scenarios For Gmail Sign In Page
- Check if the login screen has all the elements like username field, password field, submit button & forget password links are present as per the specification document or not. [ Check Forget Password Test Case and Test Cases For Password Field ]
- Check whether the cursor is blinking on the email field by default or not.
- Check is there any email validation functionality is available for the email field or not. [ You can get the Complete Test Cases For Email Field Here ]
- Check if the user can log in successfully after entering a valid username and password.
- Check if a user enters an invalid username or password, then the user should not be able to log in.
- Check whether validation messages are displayed correctly based on the input values or not.
- Check all the filled values of the user name, and whether the password field is clear or not after a click on the reset button.
- Check the password field values are displayed in masked formats like asterisks or bullets.
- Check if is there any limit for the unsuccessful attempts.
- Check if is there any session time-out present for a login user.
- Check what the time-out duration for the login screen is.
- Check if the username, and password field values can copy or not.
- Check if the right-click functionality is disabled or not on the login screen.
Test Cases For Gmail Inbox
Now we are going to discuss the possible scenarios when you are receiving an email.
- Check the recently received unread email is displayed as highlighted and bold in the Inbox section.
- Check is all the elements of the received email are correctly displayed or not.
- Check whether when the user clicks on the new email, it redirects the user to the email content or not.
- Check is the email content is displaying in the proper format or not.
- Check the attached documents of the email are downloadable.
- Check the already-read emails should not be the highlight.
- Check the number of unread email counts should be displayed beside the inbox text box.
- Check if the count is increased as per the number of new emails you are received.
- Check the count is increased when you mark an email as unread.
- Check after opening or make as read an email. The count should be decreased.
- Check the names are visible to all the users whose names are present in CC & To section.
- Check those names or emails are present in the BCC section and should not display to others.
- Check you can receive emails from other domains like yahoo, outlook & Hotmail.
Test Cases For Compose Mail
- Check when the user clicks on the compose email button, a new popup should be displayed with the headers as a new message.
- Check the user’s ability to enter email ID in the TO, CC, and BCC Section.
- Check if the auto-suggestion list of previously entered email IDs is displaying or not when filling out the email.
- Check if multiple commas are allowed to separate multiple email ids of TO, CC, and BCC sections.
- Check the user can enter the subject line in the subject text box.
- Check the user can type in the email body area.
- Check users can format the email body content by using the editor options.
- The check is the user can add files in the attachment section.
- The check is the user can add images in the email body area.
- Check all the users should be received the emails whose email ids are mentioned in the TO, CC & BCC sections.
- Check when the user places mouse hovers on the email id, then contact information should be displayed.
- After hitting the send button, the recent send mail should be displayed in the sent mail section.
- Check after hitting the send button the email should be delivered successfully to the NON-Gmail ID also.
- Check after composing the email if not sent, then that should be stored in the Draft section.
- Check the maximum number of email IDs is can be added in the TO, CC & BCC sections.
- Check what the maximum number of characters allowed in the email body area is.
- Check the maximum allowed characters in the subject text box.
- Check the maximum size of the attached file in the email.
- Check the maximum number of the attached files in an email.
- Check if special characters are entered mistakenly in the TO, CC, or BCC section, and when you hit the send button, an error popup should be displayed.
- Check if the subject is not filled, and when you enter the send button, that time it should display. After accepting the popup, the user should be able to enter the subject of the email.
Negative Test Cases For Gmail
- Verify that a different password in conform password field is working fine.
- Verify that as we hit the next Button without entering the User name, then check if is it working
- Verify that as we hit the next Button without entering the date of birth, then check if is it working
- Verify that as we hit the Verify Button without entering the verification code, then check if is it working
Here also you can get the Gmail Integration Test cases for Gmail Application. You can go through this for a better understanding of the application as well.
We think we are trying to cover some of the primary and standard functionalities for the login screen, registration page, and inbox, and compose the email functionalities.
But Still, we believe that you can find so many other missed scenarios. If you want to add it, then you can add that in the comment section, and we will update us on this Gmail Application Test Case accordingly.