Test Cases For Elevator Manual Testers In Excel Sheet | PDF
Elevator Test Cases Scenario Template: In Softwaretestingo Blog we are trying to cover almost 100+ test cases but in this post, we are going to discuss the test case scenarios of Elevator. before writing the test cases you have to understand what is an elevator or lift. it is a type of vertical transportation which helps peoples to move between two floors of a building.
|Test Scenario Overview|
|Post On:||Test Case For Login Page|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
What are the different scenarios that should be considered while writing test cases for an elevator(Lift)? Some of the use cases would be:
- The elevator is capable of moving up and down.
- It is stopping at each floor.
- It moves precisely to that floor when the corresponding floor no is pressed.
- It moves up when called from upward and down when called from downward.
- It waits until the ‘close’ button is pressed.
- If anyone steps in between the door at the time of closing, the door should open.
- No breakpoints exist
- More use cases for the load that the elevator can carry (if required)
Also, essential to test. When two people are accessing lift from two different floors, the lift should go to the nearest floor in its way (e.g. if the lift is in 5th floor, moving towards 8th floor and if two persons one from 7th floor and one from 2nd-floor presses button, then lift should go 7th floor first and then only to 2nd floor)
|Related Test Cases|
|☑️ Electric Bulb Test Cases||☑️ Electronic Reader Test Cases|
|☑️ Estimated Time Of Arrival Test Cases||☑️ E-Wallet Test Cases|
In the above-said scenario, a decent algorithm would be present on where the elevator should go taking the following parameters
- Where the lift stands (nearest floor)
- Which direction the elevator goes (upwards or downwards)
- Which direction the user wants to go (upwards and downwards)
So the permutations of the 2nd and 3rd will give you more test cases.
I am going to divide my test cases in these four disciplines
- Operation Management
Test case for the elevator
- Verify the height and width and volume of life as per the requirement.
- Verify that button for the closing lift, opening lift, fan, emergency, and all floor numbers should be there on the button panel
- Verify the presence of display where floor number appears
- Verify floor number is being announced on each floor
- Verify the light and aroma along with some instrumental music
- Verify that the maximum number of people and weight is written on the wall and verify all emergency instructions.
- Verify up and down button outside the life
- Verify the presence of sensor
- Verify power used in operation since this is not the main concern here, so I am just leaving this part.
- Verify that lift can move up and down
- Verify that lift is capable of stopping on floors which are pressed in the button panel
- Verify that lift close when the close button is placed or should close once after few times as per the manual time
- Verify that fan is working on pressing the respective button
- Verify the sensor
- When the lift is going to close, and someone has just put any object or body parts in between the lift doors
- Verify the maximum weighing capacity of life by putting weight
- Verify that when the weight exceeds from standard then it should give some alert message or some alert sound should ring
- Verify that light and fan is running at power failure
- Verify the jerk on power failure
- Verify the speed of the lift, and it shouldn’t be fast
- Verify that elevator stops on the right floor, i.e., if users click on the 2nd floor, then lifts should stop on the 2nd floor, not on 4thfloor.
- Verify the landing speed of the lift
- Verify the time between two successive floors.
- Verify that lift doors can’t be open when the lift is moving down or upward
- Verify that lift doors are closed when no one is using it
- Verify that once the lift has crossed the specific floor and some person has to click to open the elevator, then lift should begin when the lift comes down.
Some test cases that are based on Reliability:
- Verify working of lift on power failure
- Verify working of lift once the power comes
- Verify the working of lift once weight exceeds the standard weight.
- Since this is mainly done if we are testing lift for sale purposes.
|Tasks To Improve Your Knowledge|
|☑️ Test cases for bottle||☑️ Test cases for laptop|
|☑️ Business analyst elevator test||☑️ Test cases for door|
|☑️ Test cases for login page||☑️ Elevator testing|
|☑️ Test case on mobile||☑️ Test cases for WhatsApp|
|** Let We Inform you that if you want to improve your knowledge then you can take the above as a task and work on this. You may found that some of the tasks we have completed you can refer that. After Completion if you want to share with us that then you can write to us at email@example.com.|
In return for that maybe we plan something more surprising for your career.
Feel free to comment on the missed test cases in the comment section.