Test Case For Uber Cab Booking Online: In this post, we are going to write the test cases for Uber cab search functionality and how to Uber Cab Booking Online. Uber app is a mobile app that connects the driver-partner and the riders for a trip, which can be interstate or intrastate.
Before going through any application, a Quality analyst’s main job is to understand how the application works and frame a sketch of the application for analysis in their mind for that the user has to experience the manual happy flow once of the application. If you want one of our similar articles about OLA Test Cases then you can check that by following the links. So let’s explore a little bit of uber app functionality here.
|Post On:||Test Case For Uber Cab Booking|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Join Here:||SoftwareTestingo Group Link|
We can consider that we have two actors involved in the Uber app: the driver-partner and the rider. I am going to write the user stories keeping in mind the actor: rider.
- The rider has downloaded the Uber app from the App Store/Playstore.
- The rider has created an account using the Mobile number or using a social account like Facebook or Google.
- The rider has provided some personal details like name, phone number, email, password.
- The rider has given the details of the payment methods also like credit card details etc.(in some places, the cash option is also available)
After completing the above scenario now the rider is all set to book a trip using Uber. this is a basic high-level user flow of the application.
In reality, when we go over the application it is much more complex in terms of workflow, but here we are taking a simplified approach to writing our user cases. in this post, I will write the test cases for the functionality “Book a ride” using the Uber app.
So how can a rider book a trip? The rider has to open the app and request a ride by searching and entering the destination address. A nearby driver-partner will accept the request for the trip. The app provides information about your driver-partner, like name, vehicle type, and license number.
So it makes it easy for the rider to connect with the driver-partner. Once the rider completes the trip, the payment will be made based on the rider’s payment method selected before the start of the trip.
Functional Test Cases For Uber Cab Booking
- Check is the location is enabled on the mobile/tab and the pickup location should be automatically filled in.
- Check if the location is disabled on the mobile/tab, then the app should display a popup where it asks the user to enter the pickup location.
- Check by default the booking time is taken as the current time.
- Check there is an option available to choose/schedule a ride for a later time.
- Check the user should not be able to choose a ride time later than 1 month.
- Check the app shows the suggestion of your previously visited or saved location for choosing the destination.
- Check the selection of destination works fine.
- Check that on selecting a destination, the map gets zoomed out and shows the destination.
- Check that there is an option to search location.
- Check the selection of all the available types of vehicle class.
- Check the prices of the vehicle are displayed correctly.
- Check after booking a ride by selecting pickup, destination, time, and vehicle class. The app should start looking for a cab and should show the estimated time to find a cab.
- Check On a confirmed booking, the app should show the cab and driver details.
- Check the map to show the driver’s location and estimated time to arrive.
- Check the map gets updated with the location of the driver.
- Check there is an option to call/message the driver.
- Check the cancellation option is available once the booking is confirmed.
- Check on cancellation the current booking is aborted and the cancellation charge is deducted if applicable.
- Check by booking a ride for a later time and Check at that time a cab is booked and prior to booking user gets the notification.
Edge Test Cases For Uber Cab Booking
- Check that at allow one time only one booking is allowed
- Check is that multiple bookings can be scheduled for different times.
- Check the behavior of network interruption while booking a cab.
- Check the driver canceling the booking.
- Check the behavior when a search of a cab is in progress and a phone comes in.
I hope the above test scenarios will help you get an overall idea about the possible test scenario for uber cab booking. If you identify the missed test cases then you can inform us in the comment section.