Test Case For Amazon Search Box: In our previous posts, we have discussed a few Amazon test cases, and You can find those test cases of amazon areAmazon search button functionality test case & amazon login screen page Test case.
We also plan to share the test scenario template, manual testing pdf, test case template, test case template excel of real-time examples.
|Post On:||Test Case For Amazon Search Box|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Check Also:||Software Testingo Group|
Amazon Search Box Text Box for reference:
Amazon Search Box Button Functional Testing
- Enter a valid product name and click on the search icon. It should show the result with the given product name.
- Enter nothing/ click on the search button, it should show the same page without refreshing the page.
- Typing any single character in the search box, it should show a list of product suggestions starting with the entered character.
- Type any single character: it should display ten suggestions in the list format.
- Type any single character and try to select an item, the user should be able to choose a product from the dropdown product list.
- Type any two-character, the user should be able to see an updated list with the product starting from given two-character
- The same word enters multiple times, it should load results with a product containing the given text.
- Enter a random character, it should load the result page with an error message.
- Enter a long string under 650 characters, it should load the result page.
- Combination of character & number, valid, it should load result page with a product name containing product name character & number.
- Combination of character & number, invalid, it should load error message or suggestion(as per req.) product name.
- Combination of alphanumeric character, it should load result page (as per requirement)
- Combination of string, character, number, it should load result page (as per requirement)
- Select a department, type an available product, it should show the first product name in a dropdown list from the selected title from that department.
- Select a department, start typing a valid, it should show the product name in product name from another department dropdown list.
- Copy text in the search box should be able to copy text.
- Paste text in the search box should be able to paste the text.
- A user logged in from different devices the result page should be the same for users to search for the same product.
- Search a product with a different user account should be able to see the same search result page.
- Search a product in multiple tabs with a user should be able to see the same search result page account.
- Select a country, search a valid product name result page should display product containing given name in the English language.
- Select a country, search valid product name should show result containing given product name in their native language
- Logged in with different locale and search should show result page with product in top on the list for the valid product name.
- Hovering over to the search button cursor/arrow should convert to hand shape.
- Hover to department section should show tooltip as “Search in.”
- The scroll button in department section should scroll as per the selection of the department.
- Select a department from the dropdown list should show the selected department is highlighted.
- Enter text, change, and select department should show cursor next to the last character
- Department block size, while selecting should change the size of the partition of department size as per text different department name
- Submit text by clicking search button should be able to submit text
- Submit text from a keyboard should be able to submit text
- Type text, refresh the page text should remain
- Refresh page search box should be the same, and the department should be All
Mobile Application Testing Amazon Search Box Button
- Start typing in the text box, look for the cross button should appear on the right side of the search box button
- Select text box or place cursor in the text box should show last item search suggestion in the dropdown list look for the dropdown list
- Select the camera button, scan a product should allow scanning a product
- Scan a product from a different angle should able to scan a product, then load result page with the product on the top list
- Scan a product, look for tags should show correct “search for ” tags
- Select microphone option for the first time should ask for microphone access
- Select Microphone, say valid product name should able to load result page with valid product
- Select Microphone, say invalid product name should show an option to “try again” or “type your search.”
- Select Microphone, look for help should show the option for help as’?’ button.
- Select Microphone, click the ‘x’ button should return to the previous page.
Amazon Search Box Mobile Browser Testing
- Search box elements – should have text box and search button
- Place cursor in text box – search box should appear on top of the page with keyboard loaded in the bottom of the screen.
Amazon Search Box Button Usability Testing
Amazon Search Box Window Testing
- Length of search box should be as per requirement
- Box visibility should be able to see a search box
- Text visibility should be able to see text in search box
- Position of the search box on different pages/ should be placed at the same position on all different pages while navigating (as per requirement)
- The select text should show selected text in white color and selected portion in blue color
- Enter larger string than box length should show cursor next to the last character, hide character from left
Amazon Search Box Mobile / Tablet Testing
- The watermark in the text box should show watermark as “What are you looking for.”
- Scan a product available on the website should load the result page with the product on the top list.
- Scan a product unavailable on the website should load the result page with an error message.
- Scan a barcode of product available on should load result page with the product on top list website.
- Scan a barcode of product unavailable on should load result page with error message website.
- The text box touch area should able to place the cursor in the text box.
- The touch element in the search box should able to select elements of the search box.
Test Cases for Search Box
The search box is the common and most essential field of any website here are some scenarios which may help to test the search box field. here are the important test cases for the search box filled given below.
- Check the search field present and aligned.
- Check is the placeholder text is added on search or not.
- Check is the field contains any search icon.
- Check cursor is displaying on clicking inside the field.
- Check without entering anything in the search box click on the Search button.
- Check the cross or cancel option to clear the search keyword
- Click in the search field and press Enter key.
- Check by entering any one character in the search box and clicking on the Search button/press Enter key.
- Check by entering only special characters in the search field and clicking on the Search button.
- Check by entering only numbers in the search field and clicking on the Search button
- Check by entering alphanumeric characters in the search box and clicking on the Search button
- Check to enter alphanumeric characters and special characters and click on the search button.
- Check by entering a string more than the max char limit of the search field.
- Check by entering the string in the search box with spaces (before the string, after the string, and in between) and Check the results.
- Check this on all pages where the Search box is available
- Check by drag and drop image or another file in the search box and check the result
- Check whether auto-suggestion is working or not.
- Check search working by adding keywords and pressing the Enter key from the keyboard.
- Check search working by adding keywords and on click on the search button.
- Check if the user can paste the keyword with the mouse.
- Check an error message displayed by entering invalid keywords in the search field and clicking the search button.
- Check an error message that should display for blank input.
- Check and observe how much time is required for getting the search result.
- Check a loader added if take time to get the result.
- Check the search result generated by the search in the correct order as per requirement.
- Check pagination added in case the search result goes on the number of pages.
- Check pagination is accessible or not by clicking on the Next, Previous, and number.
- Check suggestions shown or not on adding a keyword to search.
- Check the max and min range for the search keyword.
- Check auto-suggestion shown on adding a keyword or not.
- Check if new items/tools are added to the website, a keyword should also be for the website search. So, the user can access them.
- Check related keywords are added to the search result or not. It should be added.
If you find any missed test case scenarios, then let us know in the comment section, so that we make this post more helpful to all our fellow testers. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.