Amazon Search Box Button Test Case: In Addition to more Amazon test cases, we have added another test case of amazon like Amazon search button functionality test case & amazon login screen page Test case. We also try to share the test scenario template, manual testing pdf, test case template, test case template excel.
Amazon Search Box Button Functional Testing
- Enter a valid product name – it should show the result with the given product name
- Enter nothing/ press search button – it should show the same page without entering anything
- Typing any single character, list of – it should show a list of product suggestion starting with a particular character
- Type any single character, number of – 10 rows should be shown in dropdown list rows in a dropdown list
- Type any single character, select – the user should be able to select a product from the dropdown product list
- Type any two-character – the user should be able to see an updated list with the product starting from given two-character
- The same word enter multiple times – it should load result with a product containing the given text
- Enter random character – it should load the result page with an error message
- Enter a long string under 650 character – it should load result page
- Combination of character & number, valid – it should load result page with a product name containing product name character & number
- Combination of character & number, invalid – it should load error message or suggestion(as per req.) product name
- Combination of alphanumeric character – it should load result page (as per requirement)
- Combination of string, character, number – it should load result page (as per requirement)
- Select a department, type an available product – it should show the first product name in a dropdown list from selected name from that department department
- Select a department, start typing a valid – it should show the product name in product name from another department dropdown list
- Copy text in the search box – should be able to copy text.
- Paste text in the search box – should be able to paste the text.
- A user logged in from different devices – result page should be the same for user search for the same product
- Search a product with a different user account – should be able to see the same search result page
- Search a product in multiple tabs with a user – should be able to see the same search result page account
- Select a country, search a valid product name – result page should display product containing given name in the English language
- Select a country, search valid product name – should show result containing given product name in their native language
- Logged in with different locale and search – should show result page with product in top on the list for valid product name
- Hovering over to search button – cursor/arrow should convert to hand shape
- Hover to department section – should show tooltip as “Search in.”
- Scroll button in department section – should scroll as per selection of department.
- Select a department from the dropdown list – should show the selected department as highlighted.
- Enter text, change, and select department – should show cursor next to the last character
- Department block size, while selecting – should change the size of the partition of department size as per text different department name
- Submit text by clicking search button – should be able to submit text
- Submit text from a keyboard – should be able to submit text
- Type text, refresh the page – text should remain
- Refresh page – search box should be same, and the department should be All
Mobile Application Testing: Amazon Search Box Button
- Start typing in the text box, look for the cross – cross button should appear on the right side of search box button
- Select text box or place cursor in the text box, – should show last item search suggestion in the drop-down list look for the dropdown list
- Select the camera button, scan a product – should allow scanning a product
- Scan a product from a different angle – should able to scan a product, then load result page with the product on the top list
- Scan a product, look for tags – should show correct “search for ” tags
- Select microphone option for the first time – should ask for microphone access
- Select Microphone, say valid product name – should able to load result page with valid product
- Select Microphone, say invalid product name – should show an option to “try again” or “type your search.”
- Select Microphone, look for help – should show the option for help as’?’ button
- Select Microphone, click the ‘x’ button – should return to the previous page.
Check Also: Amazon Interview Questions
Mobile Browser Testing
- Search box elements – should have text box and search button
- Place cursor in text box – search box should appear on top of the page with keyboard loaded in the bottom of the screen.
Amazon Search Box Button Usability Testing
- Length of search box – should be as per requirement
- Box visibility – should be able to see a search box
- Text visibility – should be able to see text in search box
- Position of the search box on different pages/ – should be placed at the same position on all different pages while navigating (as per requirement)
- Select text – should show selected text in white color and selected portion in blue color
- Enter larger string than box length – should show cursor next to the last character, hide character from left
Mobile / Tablet Testing
- The watermark in the text box – should show water-mark as “What are you looking for.”
- Scan a product available on the website – should load result page with the product on the top list
- Scan a product unavailable on the website – should load result page with an error message
- Scan a barcode of product available on – should load result page with the product on top list website
- Scan a barcode of product unavailable on – should load result page with error message website
- Text box touch area – should able to place the cursor in the text box
- Touch element in the search box – should able to select elements of the search box
If you find any missed test case scenario, then let us know in the comment section, so that we make this post more helpful to all our fellow testers.