Forgot Password Test Cases: Here we shared Test Cases For Forgot Password which we use in the website applications. While writing forgot password page write the test cases for all the fields. There should be a combination of both positive and negative test cases. Try to cover the performance, security, and functional scenarios.
|Post On:||Test Cases For Forgot Password|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Join:||SoftwareTestingo Telegram Group|
People reset their password when they don’t remember it. That’s the most obvious scenario you can think of while writing the test cases. People also need to reset their passwords when the app has some security issues.
In this Test Cases For Forgot Password post, we are trying to cover the widespread and generic scenarios of Forget password test cases. But still, we believe if you think about the more Forget password test cases, then you may find some other scenarios. Let us know in the comment section of the then missed scene so that we can update this article.
You can compare this article with forgot password test cases, test cases for forgot password, reset password test cases, change password test cases, test scenarios for forgot password, forgot password test case in excel, and forgot password functionality test cases.
Similar Test Cases
- Test Case For Email Field
- Test Case For Flash Images
- Test Case For Footer Section
- Test Case For GUI Of Webpage
- Test Case For Hamburger Menu
- Test Case For Header
Test Cases For Forgot Password
- Check whether the forget password link is available on the login screen or not.
- Check on click of the forgetting password link user should be redirected to the forget password page.
- Check if the email field is present on the forget password page to recover the password.
- Check that forgot password page has the valid fields as per requirement or not (email text box, send button, etc).
- Check that when the user enters the valid email id and clicks on the send button.
- Check the forgot password functionality when the user enters the wrong email id and clicks on send button.
- Check the forgot password functionality when the user enters a valid email id and clicks on send button then a forgot password link is received on entered email id or not.
- Check the alert message when the user enters the unregistered email id and clicks on save.
- Check whether the Confirmation message showing or not when the user enters a valid registered email id and clicks on the send button.
- Check the recovery link is sent with the mail to which the user has provided.
- Check the sent password link should be disabled on clicking multiple times on the link or as per specification and requirement.
- Check the functionality if there is resend button.
- Check the time duration to access the link.
- Check the link sent to the user should expire after a certain time.
- Check whether the link can be used once or how many times.
- Check that after clicking on the received forgot password link it opens in a new window or not.
- Check whether the new password page has the valid fields as per requirement or not (new password text box, confirm the new password and save/submit button, etc).
- Check whether it asks to type a new password and retype the new password.
- Check whether the user enters the new password and retype/confirm the password both should match until the new password should not be set.
- Check if the error message is displaying when both passwords are not matched.
- Check whether the success message shows or not when the user saves the password successfully.
- Check whether once the password is set then the account should ask the user to move to his account or exit.
- Check once the user update password, the user should log out from all browser and devices. (As per the requirements)
- Check whether the user login with the new password is working.
For more information, we have added one Test Case document which helps you. Just click on the link and you can get the document.
If you still want to contribute something to the testing community regarding Forget password test cases test scenarios or any programs, then you can share it with us at email@example.com.