What are the possible test cases for an e-wallet?
E-Wallet Test Cases
Few which I can think of
- Try changing the payment gateway while the request is in progress.
- The destination is off and tries to give a request.
- Response time
- Input validation for the authorization
- When retrying continuously
- What happens when we give request with the connection is on and we close the connection immediately.
- Does it return back to the app after the response
- Check if it transaction protection
- Is the information cached?
- Does it ask for otp?
- Input strings are password format texts
An e-wallet or a physical wallet would have similar test cases, the only thing that would change is the mode so some of the test cases I could think of are
- Account balance inquiry
- Log in as a valid-user
- Logging as new user i.e. signup for an ewallet application
- Funds transfer
- Bill payments
- Sign in to the wallet and internet connection drops
- check for wifi
- mobile data
- Performing a transaction and a call is received
- on WhatsApp/hike
- voice call
- Paying of utility bills and internet connection drops
- mobile data
Check the time for which a transaction process is active and then in case it is unsuccessful a user receives a message of debt or unsuccessful transaction
Check Also: Currency Field Test Cases
- IF SIM is inserted to a new phone, how does it work?
- deleting account
- scanning a QR code and ability to pay bills
- last but not the least installation and uninstallation from windows store/play store – how much time it takes etc.
Below are some of the test cases.
- The user can add a max 10k INR amount to the wallet.
- The user can add money to wallet using Internet banking / Credit card / Debit Card
- The user is able to pay the bill to merchant account using the wallet
- Only registered users can avail the E-wallet facility. The guest user cannot use it.
- E-wallet offers should work e.g. pay using the wallet and get 100 rs cashback.
- E-wallet money can be transferred to the bank with a 4% deduction means transferring 100 Rs from wallet to a bank account will transfer 96 Rs to a linked bank account.
- The user should be able to pay all bills and e-commerce orders available on site using wallet money.
- There should be no expiry date for wallet money, unlike promotional offers that have valid expiry.
- In case of returns, E-wallet money should be refunded back to the E-wallet account within 24 hours.
- Email should be triggered to the user when money is debited from E-wallet.
- Email should be triggered to the user when money is credited/added to E-wallet.
- Email should be triggered to the user in case of errors like transaction failure when the amount is paid using E-wallet.
- E-wallet money should be automatically deducted from the final amount to be paid by the user for any kind of payments offered by the site.