Test Case For Amazon Review Page: In The Previous Shared Test Cases, you can find the test cases for how to test the Amazon login screen page and how can you test the Amazon search functionality test cases. In addition to that on this page, we are going to share how you can write an Amazon Review page test scenario template.
|Post On:||Test Case For Amazon Review Page|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Best Platform:||For Learning Software Testing|
So before starting writing the test case for Amazon Review Page, we have to understand the functionality of that. Which will help you test and in writing the test scenarios?
Why are reviews important for an application?
If you are an organization that is giving service through an application, then the review is critical. Because that help customer to decide about the product. From the report, an external or interested person can get to know the credibility & trustworthiness of the product from existing users.
Write Test Cases for the Amazon Review page
If you have a look at the picture, then you can notice on the review page we have these many things:
- Stars to rate the product
- Two edit boxes: 1 for the title & 2 for review box where you can write your review on Amazon
- Two-button: Submit & Add Photo Video
Amazon Review Page Functional Positive
- Fill the title, provide stars, and write descriptions and click refresh button the browser. The rating should NOT be saved. The same page should be displayed, and all the fields should be in the clear or unfilled state.
- Enter the review title, provide stars, and write a description of the product and click on the Submit button, the rating should be saved. And Thanks for rating message should be displayed, and the page should navigate to Review Your Purchases page to fill the review for other purchased products.
- Verify the maximum characters allowed for the title and description text box.
- After the user rating, it should be considered for calculating the overall rating of the product.
- After user rating from user1, it should be visible for user2 when user2 looks at the score of that product.
- After the user rating, if the rating is more than 3, then similar products from the same seller should be recommended to the customer.
- Depending on the number of stars, compare the current product with the same type of product from a different seller, and change the overall ranking of the product in the Amazon search algorithm.
- Rating provided activity should be updated/logged in user notifications. In case if the user wants to change the review after using the product, he/she can got warnings and search for his/her old reviews and edit them.
- Users should get access to a review of the product which he/she has purchased and not for other products.
- All the discussions & ratings should be accessible/ notified to the seller to improve the product and customer experience of the product.
Amazon Review Page Functional Negative:
- Try to submit the review rating without filling any field, Verify the warning message for respective fields is appearing correctly or not.
Amazon Review Page Non-Functional:
- All the elements, Text boxes, Star rating, and Buttons should be appropriately aligned for better usability.
- The rating feature should work properly in all browsers and in all OS ( having GUI).
Amazon Review Page Performance:
- Saving and navigating back to the search page should be very quick, even though a massive number of users are rating a particular product. Simulate the scenario with a load testing tool.
- The rating feature should work properly when the internet speed is low, and a proper loading mask should be displayed.
- Rating feature text boxes should be tested for SQL injection, JS execution, HTML execution.
- Rating services should use HTTPS, for saving and retrieving rating information.
We can also add a few other scenarios. Let me inform you as most of the applications enhance their feature to provide their services. So maybe some of the scenarios which we have mentioned above are no more valid scenarios.
Bcoz if you see the current review page it may look something like the below images:
But we are trying to cover it in an overall process. Some of the Amazon review test scenarios which we got over mail from one of our visitors. Please go through that.
- Check if all the elements are correctly loaded when the window is opened
- Click on the ‘OK’ button without any action. Check if error messages are shown for the required fields
- Click on the ‘Cancel’ button. Check if the window is closed or not
- Click on star symbol and check if the color of the all the stars from left to pressed star is changed
- Check if default statements are displayed in the text box fields
- Click on OK button by leaving each area empty each time and check that respective error messages are displayed
- Check that text boxes are allowing characters up to maximum length only
- Check that the error messages are shown in red color only
- When all the fields are entered, and the OK button is clicked it should lead to the review success page
- When all the fields are registered, and the Cancel button is clicked, it should lead to the previous page
You can also find some of the similar test scenarios of the Amazon Application. If you want to write on those then here is the list of the same functionality:
If you can write differently or you can add any missing scenario, then let us know in the comment section. We will try to add those also so that others also get benefitted. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.