Test Cases for Hotel Booking System: In This Article, we will discuss how to write test cases for Hotel Booking System. The Test Case Scenarios are high-level and will cover a multitude of functional tests.
|Post On:||Test Case For Hotel Booking System|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Join Here:||Telegram Group Link|
Test Cases For Hotel Reservation System?
Hotel Booking System or Hotel Reservation System is an online booking engine that allows guests to make secure online reservations through hotel websites and helps hotels to accept bookings and collect payments online.
Hotel Booking System is an online reservation system that processes all hotel reservations made through the hotel website and manages hotel room availability and bookings online. It also provides instant confirmation for hotel bookings and increases customer experience. Nowadays, most travelers book hotels online, so Hotels are looking for an online system to maximize their hotel revenues.
Test Cases For Hotel Booking System
It would be best if you considered validating the test cases for hotel management system functional requirements below during the System Testing or System Integration Testing Phase. When planned correctly, your test data should be able to uncover any exceptions. This is to Check if the UAT users can conduct their end-to-end business-as-usual (BAU) tests.
Test Case For Hotel Booking – Validate Location Field
- Check by entering a valid “From” date in the date picker field.
- Check by entering an invalid “From” date in the date picker field – Eg, from date, is greater than to date.
- Check by entering a valid “To” date in the date picker field
- Check by entering an invalid “To” date in the date picker field
- Check by entering valid data “Room Type” field
- Check by entering the invalid “Room Type”
- Check by entering the valid “number of guests”
- Check by entering the invalid “number of guests”
- Check by entering a valid “number of adults”
- Check by entering the invalid “number of adults”
- Check by entering a valid “number of children”
- Check by entering the invalid “number of children”
- Check by entering the valid “number of infants”
- Check by entering invalid data in the “number of infants” field
- Check by entering valid “credit card details”
- Check by entering invalid “credit card details”
Test Cases for Hotel Booking System
- Check if the user can access the landing page of the Hotel Booking System.
- Check that the complete page is rendered and displayed correctly on the desktop per the design specifications.
- Check that the complete page is rendered and displayed on the tablet per the design specifications.
- Check that the complete page is rendered and displayed on mobile per the design specifications.
- Check whether the hotel search field is properly visible on the screen.
- Check the number of people allowed per room.
Test Cases For Hotel Reservation System – End-to-End Test
Below we will validate the test scenario like the User searches for a holiday to Dubai for a family of 2 adults and two children and makes a payment.
- Check if the user can make a successful payment for their hotel booking.
- Check if there is some issue like network/application then an unsuccessful payment of their hotel booking.
- Check when users search for a room on a specific date but the room is unavailable. The system recommends alternative dates or room types.
- Check if the user can Amend an existing booking by adding a feature (e.g., increasing the length of stay / adding breakfast).
- Check if the user can check the itinerary and print a paper version.
- Check on canceling the reservation. The system refunds money to the same address from which the account amount is paid.
- Check on canceling the reservation. The system does not refund the money. (If there are any such conditions applied or as per the requirement document)
Test Case For Hotel Booking – Group Booking
- Check if the booking page is displayed with the booking data. (The Order summary page)
- Check on click the make payment page if the payment page is displayed or not.
Hotel Booking Test Cases – Non-Functional
- Check if the landing page passes Google PageSpeed Insights.
- Check if the landing page passes google web core vitals
- Check if the application handles [x] the number of concurrent users on the site.
- Check if the hotel booking system is handling [x] number of concurrent payment transactions
We have discussed the various test scenarios of the hotel management system or hotel booking test cases in detail. But still, if you find any missed test scenarios, you can inform us in the comment section, and we will update that in our blog post.
Leave a Reply