Test Case For Mouse || Mouse Test Cases Template
Writing test cases for the mouse device is quite complicated unless we narrow down the device specifications. In this post, I have selected generic devices and written the cases for it. Let’s start with the device selection first and then narrow down to the specific type.
|Test Scenario Overview|
|Post On:||Test Case For Mouse|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
Let’s keep the discussion for a manufacturing company and another company-specific standard out of this for now, and in the previous post, you can check the test case for mobile.
Mouse Test Case
There are multiple types of Mouse devices available:
- Mechanical mouse
- Optical and laser mouse
- Ergonomic mouse
- Laptop or Gaming mouse
- Tactile mouse
For the sake of simplicity, we are going to write the test cases for USB powered. As the device is USB powered, there is no need for the device driver installation. Check the below screenshot of the optical mouse.
Mouse Specification Tests
- Check the company logo in a specific location.
- Check it has the specification and identification sticker behind.
- Check if the device has length and width as per the company specifications.
- Check if the optical region works as per the specification.
- Check if the device has a USB plug at one end of the wire.
- Check if the device passes the specification tests other than the standard tests.
- Check if the plastic body of the device allows holding with the left and right buttons as per specification.
- Check if the device connections are platform-independent.
|Related Test Cases|
|☑️ Test Case For Mobile Apps||☑️ Test Case For Mobile|
|☑️ Test Case For New Folder Renaming||☑️ Test Case For Notepad|
Interaction Tests For Mouse
- Check if the USB driver is detected by the operating system (Windows, Mac, and Linux).
- Check if the device doesn’t require any other specific driver than the standard USB driver.
- Check if the device doesn’t have any hardware conflict during the system boot.
- Check if the device doesn’t have any hardware conflict after the startup during the desktop session.
- Check if the pointer is visible after plugged-in in between the desktop session.
- Verify if the device is pointing to the right region while pointing on the screen.
- Verify if the right-clicking opens the context window.
- Verify if the left-clicking will opens the application or selects the regions on the screen.
- Verify if the left click allows drag and drop of desktop objects like file, folder, and media.
- Verify if the left click allows the selection of the desktop session objects.
- Verify if the double-clicking the file, folder, and media files open or does the operation as intended.
- Verify if the scroll works in the files with multi-page content.
- Verify the scroll-bar operation for up, down, left, and right direction.
- Check its properties are possible to change using system operations.
Mouse Test Case Scenario 2:
- Check for the usability of the mouse. Whether it has a scroller on the top and also the light on the bottom of the mouse.
- Check for the basic functionality(smoke Test) whether it is connected to ur PC or not.
- Now, check for the functionality, it should be a pointer on the screen and when it is moved on the links it should turn out to hand symbol.
- Check whether the pointer turns out to be a vertical bar in the textbox.
- Check the scroll bar of a page with the pointer and also with the scrollbar button on the mouse.
- Rightclick and verify whether it is showing the properties of the page in which the mouse is placed.
- Left-click and check with the pointer whether we can select the data.
- Double click on any of the folder with the left click of a mouse it should allow to open the folder.
To check the mouse company
- Whether it is a PS/2, USB or serial port mouse or cordless mouse
- It should be plugged to all the ports of different manufacturers
- It should be platform-independent.
- Right-clicking on the mouse should open the context window.
- Double-clicking on any folder should open up the file
- Should be able to scroll up and down using the scroller.
- Should be able to change the functionality of the right and left mouse by going to Control panel
- Should be able to point to the scrollbar and then drag up and down.
- Should always point to the right place, where it is intended to point.
|Tasks To Improve Your Knowledge|
|☑️ Password test cases||☑️ Test cases for WhatsApp|
|☑️ Test cases for submit button||☑️ Test cases for password and confirm password|
|☑️ Test cases for Facebook chat application||☑️ Remember me test cases|
|☑️ Test case for login page positive and negative||☑️ BDD test cases for a login page|
|Let We Inform you, For improves your knowledge you can take the above as a task and you can work on that. But from the above task list some of the tasks we have already completed and you can find those on our blog. After Completion if you want to share with us that then you can write to us at email@example.com.|
In return for that maybe we plan something more surprising for your career.
These are some of the test cases that I can think of. Many other specific test cases can be made based on the type, company of the device. Feel free to let me know if you have any other test cases in mind. I’d be happy to add these test cases to the above list.