In this post, we are going to check the test scenarios for the Website URL. The idea is to check the user experience in different scenarios and test with different devices.
What is a Website URL?
Every website has a unique URL address which is known as the URL. It represents the complete address of a website on the internet. If you want to check whether a website is available or not, then simply go to google and type in its URL name.
|Post On:||Test Case For Website URL|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Join Here:||Software Testingo Group|
What is a website URL meaning?
Website URL is a unique string of characters that identifies the website. It’s used to identify a website on the internet and represents an address. Website URL is made up of three parts: protocol, host, and path. The protocol specifies the network layer protocol that is being used to send data from server to server on the internet (usually HTTP or HTTPS).
The host specifies where you are sending your request for data; the site name or domain name. Website URL may also be referred to as web address, site address, or internet address.
Test Case For Website URL
- Check is the user is able to access the URL by entering in the URL field of the web browser.
- Check user is able to type the URL is the web browser URL field.
- Check wheather the user is able to paste the URL in the URL field.
- Check the user is able to paste the URL in the URL field by using the mouse.
- Check is the URL is open in the web browser after enter the URL in the field and pressing the Enter key of the Key board.
- Check is the URL is accesable with the http:// or https://. Eg- https://www.softwaretestingo.in or http://www.softwaretestingo.in
- Check is the various TLD are accessable with a URL. Here TLD means the extension like .in, .com, .org etc. Eg. https://www.softwaretestingo
- Check by adding spaces at the start of the URL and click on the button, spaces should not be allowed.
- Check by adding spaces at the end of the URL spaces should be trimmed.
- Check if the user try to access with out entering any URL then error message should be display.
- Check by adding an IP address of the website and Click on the button.
- Check with out adding any TLD, user is able to access the URL.
- Check with out adding dots (). in the URL, user is able to access or not. Eg.https://wwwsoftwaretestingocom
- Check is the URL is accessable with only extension, for example https://www.com
- Check the url field by entering the combination of number and character Eg.https://www.softwaretesingo2022.com
- Check the url field by entering the combination of number, character and special characters other than (.) eg.https://www.softwaretestingo@.in
- Check is the URL is accessable by entering an encoded URL.
- Check is the URL is accessable if forward slash is addee at the end of the URL.
- Check is the URL is having any special characters.
- Check the URL of an anchor text.
- Check is the URL is accessable or not when the spaces is present in between the URL. Eg.https://www.software testingo.in