Test Case For Search Filter Test Case Template
In this article, we discuss how to write search filter test cases. These days almost every database enabled application has the filter and sort options. And the filter search option allows the filtered output of the database content. However, each of the application has its ways to handle the search filter options.
And the output of the application will be changed accordingly. Test scenario in such a case would vary from one application to another. However, we can write some of the generic search filter test cases, and for you guys, we have shared so many test cases for interview purpose.
|Test Scenario Overview|
|Post On:||Test Case For Login Page|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
You can find the search filter in applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Search, Matlab, etc. As you can see, each of these apps has a different purpose of serving users actions. And so it’d be harder to apply one generic test scenario. So here are some of the test cases that you may want to check out.
Take the below image as an option for reference.
Test Cases for Search Filter
|Related Test Cases|
|☑️ Login Attempts Test Cases||☑️ Login Page Test Cases|
|☑️ Login Screen Page Test Case||☑️ Logout Test Cases|
- Check if the clicking on the filter button opens the filter option.
- Check if the application allows using a filter option before searching.
- Check how many results are notified before filter options are available.
- Check if the filter options are visible or not for 0 search results.
- Check if the filter options are visible if the database errors are thrown in search results.
- Check if all the filter options are available.
- If any filter option is not visible, find out the criteria for the same.
- Check if the filtering of result work per option.
- Check if the filtering is unresponsive for any specific option.
- Check if the filtering leads to wrong results.
- Check if the filtering is allowed to edit.
- Check if the filtering is allowed to start over.
- Verify if the filter has the custom criteria addition filter option.
- Verify if the filter options can be saved.
- Verify if the filter options can be deleted.
- Verify if the filter options allow sorting through relevance.
- Verify if the filter options allow the sorting through keywords.
- Check if the filter option once applied can be hidden.
- Check if the filter option can be used with an empty search query.
- Check if there are multiple options to clear the search query.
- Check if the search filter is available on all the pages of the search result.
- Check if the search filter allows typo correction.
- Check if the search filter options don’t overshadow the existing results in view.
- Check if the search options are resulting in the relevant search results.
- Check if the filter options are responsive to mobile devices.
These are some of the generic test cases that you can consider for most of the applications. However, in the case of apps that are specific to mobile devices, may have different criteria for filtering. Also, web applications and desktop applications will have specific test scenarios based on the options.
|Tasks To Improve Your Knowledge|
|☑️ Negative test cases for search functionality||☑️ Test cases for registration page|
|☑️ Pagination test cases example||☑️ Test cases for user profile page|
|☑️ Test scenarios for password text field||☑️ Test cases for URL|
|☑️ Generic test cases||☑️ Test scenarios for search engine|
|Let We Inform you, For improves your knowledge you can take the above as a task and you can work on that. But from the above task list some of the tasks we have already completed and you can find those on our blog. After Completion if you want to share with us that then you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In return for that maybe we plan something more surprising for your career.
So feel free to let me know if there are any specific test cases that you want to add. Add your comment below and let me know if you have any more ideas for the test cases. I’d appreciate your comment. Feel free to let your friends know about this article. Share the URL on social media.