The address book has become a crucial part of our lives and it is impossible to go out without carrying one. However, this simple piece of paper does not have all the features that it needs to be used effectively. A user should be able to use an address book for organizing business contacts, personal contacts, or even an address book that is shared with multiple people.
What is Address Book?
The address book is a collection of data that contains contact information for people and groups. It is used to store the names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, and other information that will be useful to the user. It can be used by many different applications in order to allow users to organize and store information about their contacts.
Address Book In Gmail
One of the biggest benefits of Gmail is the ability to create a contact list and add important contacts without any hassle. Address Book in Gmail is Google’s effort to help you easily organize your contacts while using Gmail. It also helps you organize your emails with categories, which are useful for email newsletters, travel itineraries, etc.
Test Cases For Address Book App
- Check User are able to add new contact into the contact book sucessfully.
- Check alert messages are displaying when user wants to add duplicate contact.
- Check is the contact is delete from the book when the user select the contact and click on the delete button.
- Check is the contacts are saved in alphabetical order on the list.
- Check user is able to search a contact from the address book by using the search option.
- Checked Based on the inputted character accurate results are displaying in the search result.
- Check the maximum number of contact can be saved on the contact list.
- Check user is allowed to update an existing contact from the contact list of address book.
- Check Validation of all the mandatory fields and error messages of adress book.
- Check after add / update contact list user is able to see all the contacts.
- Check user is able to search contact by entering the special character.
- Check if the address_book is for some specific company then it should allow only those employees who have valid Employee ID or specifc domain contacts.
The address book on Gmail is a feature that has become more important over the years. It has been around for quite some time and it is very handy to have it available on your email account. Gmail address book allows you to add contacts, groups, events, files, and other information of your choice in a single place so that they are easy to access. There are certain limitations to this feature but there are ways to overcome them. If you can think about more test scenarios then you can comment about them in the comment section.