Test Case For Traffic Signal: Testing interviews often have questions for the negative and positive test cases for a traffic signal. In this post, I am jotting down some of the test cases that you can use, and also I have shared more testing test cases. If you have any questions and suggestions to improve this post then please do let me know.
If you plan to share the content of this post on forums or blogs, then please do share the URL instead of copying the content from this site.
|Post On:||Test Case For Traffic Signal|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Check:||Software Testingo Telegram Group|
Before we write test cases for a traffic signal, let’s first understand the lights.
- Red – stop and wait before the zebra crossing line.
- Green – go.
- Yellow – stop, unless
1) you’ve already crossed the stop line after the green light is off.
2) you’re so close to it that pulling up might cause an accident.
3) You’re in the middle of the road and should move to the next side rather than going back causing a traffic problem.
Do note that the traffic light has a color variation for the yellow signal. Some of the countries have that as amber or silver color. Some may even find the color difference in order. So it all depends on which standard is being followed for the traffic signal machine and country traffic rules.
You may want to adjust the traffic rules as per the rules applied in your state or country. That would make the below test cases more accurate and effective.
Test Cases For Traffic Signals
- Check is the traffic Signal Light stand has all three lights (green, yellow, red) as per the requirement.
- Check is during the expected hours the traffic signal lights are on as per rules.
- Check the sequence of turn-on traffic Signal lights are based on the specified time (green light- 4.1 min, yellow light 10 sec, red light 1 min).
- Check only one traffic Signal light should glow at a time.
- Check is the stop signal is shown with a red light on the traffic light.
- Check is the traffic light for a wait unless a signal is shown with yellow or amber color.
- Check is the traffic light for the go is shown with green.
- Check if the traffic lights during off-hours show blinking in yellow or amber color displaying off for rules.
- Check is the speed of the Traffic Signal light can be accelerated as the time specified based on the traffic.
- Check is the Traffic Signal lights in some spots are sensor activated.
- Check the height of the traffic lights as per the requirement so normal human eyes can see it properly at night and day.
- Check the availability of poles with the traffic signal lights in all 4 directions (North South East West)
- Check the sequence of multiple signal posts is in sync at crossroads.
These are some of the test cases that we can use to test the traffic signal post. There are many other product-specific test cases that we can develop. I hope the test cases in this post are helpful to you. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or comments below