Youtube Test Cases: In this post, we will present some test case scenarios of Youtube. The test scenarios are divided into two sections – test scenarios of video uploaders and test scenarios for the video viewer. If you are interested in taking a look at our other test cases that we have shared on the softwaretestingo blog, then you can check on google manual test cases.
Test Scenarios for Youtube Video Uploader Functionality
- Verify that the user can upload a single video or allowed format and size successfully.
- Verify that while uploading, the user should select the video license and type of video along with its attributes like- name, artist name, company, etc.
- Verify the maximum size of the video that is permitted to upload and check that any attempt to upload a video of a size greater than the allowed value results in an error message.
- Verify if there is any minimum size of the video that is permitted to upload, and any attempt to upload file size less than specified results in error message.
- Verify all the video formats that are allowed to upload – .mp4, .3gp, .avi, etc. and check that uploading file formats other that allowed results in error message.
- Verify that uploading a blank file should result in the error message.
- Verify that user can upload multiple videos or allowed format and sie successfully.
- Verify that uploaders get notification of comments posted on the videos uploaded by them.
- Verify that user can view likes, dislikes, and comments for their videos.
- Verify that the user can reply to the comments posted in their videos.
Check Also: Hospital Management System Test Cases
Test scenarios for Youtube Video Viewing Functionality
- Verify that the direct link can open a video page to a video.
- Verify that on clicking the video play icon over the video, the video should play.
- Verify all the video player controls- play, pause, volume, mute, etc.
- Verify that the user can select the allowed video quality for playing the video.
- Verify that once the video is complete, the user can replay the video using the ‘replay’ icon.
- Verify that video should be searchable by name, displaying the most relevant video on the top in search results.
If you found any such test cases which are not listed in the above test case scenarios, then you can inform in the comment section, and we try to update that in this post.