Notification Test Cases & Test Cases For Push Notification: Push notifications are messages or information that are sent to users who have agreed to receive them. For this, you must agree to receive the alerts. Notification means providing information. Push notifications allow you to receive alerts for text messages and social media posts even when your device’s screen is locked or the app isn’t open. This means you can stay connected without having to keep your apps open all the time.
|Post On:||Test Cases For Push Notification|
|Post Type:||Test Cases Example For Web Application|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Join Here:||Telegram Group Software Testingo|
In order to ensure that your customers never miss a beat, it’s important to implement a push notification service. Push notifications are a great way to keep your customers updated on the latest trends, news, and offers.
Plus, they can be used to notify your customers of any important updates or changes that need their attention. In this push notification test case, we’ll show you how to set up and use a push notification service in your business.
What is push notification meaning?
Push notifications are messages that can be sent directly to a user’s phone. They can appear on the lock screen or at the top of the phone. Only apps that the user has installed will be able to send notifications.
Why do we need notifications?
Push notifications can also be used to enhance the user experience by providing useful information. For example, you can use them to provide users with updates on your app, new promotions, and offers friendly reminders, or birthday wishes.
Similar Test Cases
- Test Cases For IFSC Code
- Test Cases For Disable Field
- Test Cases For Banking Application In Excel Sheet
- Test Cases For Toggle Button
- Test Cases For Shopping Cart
- Test Case For Gmail Login Screen Page
Test Cases For Push Notification
Some of the Important test cases for push notifications or notification test cases are given below.
- Make sure you know whether the notification is a normal Push notification or if there’s an action that can be performed on it.
- Make sure you receive notifications even when the app isn’t running.
- Make sure the message and title that pops up as a push notification meet your requirements.
- Make sure you can tell which app notification is from without clicking on it.
- Check that you received the notification once you open the app.
- Check if the notification is delivered in different time zones.
- Make sure you verify the notification when the app is closed.
- Check and try to verify any notifications you receive If you’re not logged in to the app.
- Check whether the user is receiving the notification when the user is using another application.
- Check whether the user is receiving the notification when mobile data is off.
- Check whether the user is receiving the notification when mobile data is on.
- Is the notification clickable? If so, what will open when you click it?
- Verify that the user is landing on the valid page after clicking on a push notification.
- If the user doesn’t click on a banner, the notification count should be updated on the icon of the application.
- Make sure that you hear a sound, feel a vibration, and see the notification light blinking when you receive a new notification.
In the foreground: When a notification comes in the foreground, then the notification will display directly on the app.
In the background: check that When a notification comes & device is locked, if the user opens the device by sliding the notification then the application should get launched.
- Check When a notification comes & device is not locked, then the notification comes in the banner if the user clicks on the banner then the application launch and if a user is unable to click on the banner then the notification will be shown in the notification tray. From the notification tray, the user can click on the notification & user can move to the application.
We Guess after going through all the above test cases for notifications you will get an idea about the push notification. But still, if you find out any missing gaps which will help you to validate the push notification then you can inform us in the comment section.