ATM Machine Test Cases
In this article, we are going to discuss some of the primary and generic positive and negative test cases for the ATM Machine. If you want to know more of our previously discussed test cases or test scenarios. Here are those:
When you are starting testing the ATM Machine, you have to test all possible scenarios. Because if you have missed some of the test scenarios, then the organization has to face a considerable loss. So when you start testing ATM Machine a few things you have to keep in mind:
If you want to achieve all the above points for ATM Machine, then you have to test each separate component, after that integration testing after assembling all the elements and finally need to perform performance testing.
ATM Machine Images
When the interviewer asked, to write the test scenario for the ATM Machine. That time the interviewer is looking at your approach towards the topic without details requirements on how you can write the test case? Because no one can write the test case without any test case document. So it’s the first action item before starting any test case is ask for the requirement specification document.
Depending on the design of the ATM terminal, following positive and negative test cases can be formed. If you’re familiar with the bank’s terminal, you may notice that there are always more test cases that you can check for and verify if the software functions as expected.
The more you know about any bank’s ATM terminal, the more you can write in your test cases. You can also take a walk outside and check out the functionality of your debit card in nearby ATM.
Note: ATM Test cases may vary from one bank to another due to the way these terminals are designed. Also, each bank has it’s own way to handle the sequence in which cash is being taken out. For example:
- Some banks require additional PIN entry before the money is taken out for an extra layer of security. Some banks don’t allow free withdrawal from other banks ATM etc.
- However, the functionality for some of the ATM Machines can be visualized in general. In this post, I’m assuming a lot of functionality of ATM, which you may or may not notice for your bank.
ATM Machine UI Testing
- Check in the screen all labels button, links & images are appearing correctly.
- Check whatever written on the screen are visible.
- Check the application UIO is responsive.
- Check the ATM Machine is a full touch screen, or it also supports Keyboard and Touch screen both the functionality.
ATM Machine Positive Test Cases
- Check the ATM card is as per the specification document.
- After entering the Debit/Credit card in the card, reader users should be able to select language and operation like withdrawal, language change, mini statement, and other options.
- When an ATM card is entered in the card reader, it should verify the card.
- Check during any transaction the ATM Machine accepts card and Pin details.
- Check after successfully enter the pin and complete the process, the user should be able to take out the money.
- After taking out the money, the money receipt should also print.
- After successfully withdraw the amount, the user should be log out from the sessions.
- Check if the user wants to print the money receipt (mini statement), it should be done by following the menu options.
- If the user enters more amounts then the account balance, then the user should get an error message.
- The ATM should have a waiting period between user session log out and active another account.
- In the ATM Machine, the user should be able to Use a Master card, Visa card, and Rupay Card.
- Verify after the transaction, the printed slip has the correct information or not.
- Verify the entered pin is encrypted or not.
- Verify the touch functionality is working correctly or not.
- Check whether the ATM is providing all types of accounts to do operations like Savings and the correct account.
Negative Test Cases
- Check the ATM Machine can accept the cards and pin or not.
- If a user enters an invalid pin, then an error message should be displayed.
- If allowed bank ATM card is entered, then only the user able to do the operations.
- Check is the ATM Machine can find the wrong pin or not.
- Check if the card is entered in the wrong way, the machine should find that and display an error message.
- Check if the user three times the wrong password, then the account should be locked.
- If the user has a lack of money, then he should receive a warning message.
- If the user inserted an expired card, then the user should not be able to perform any action.
- If the user inserted less then 100 amount, then the amount should not out from the ATM Machine.
- If the ATM Machine has dispatched the money, then the money should not again enter into the ATM.
- The machine does not accept either Visa or MasterCard or both debit/credit cards.
- If the user enters the wrong denominations, then a warning message should display.
- If the user has entered more then the daily limit amount, then the transaction should be canceled, and a warning message should be displayed on the screen.
- The transaction should be canceled if the user clicks on the Cancel button.
- Check an error message is a display or not when the ATM does have the currency on it.
- Check whether an error message is displayed or not when there is some network issue.
- Check after the money release it is asking or not for the user confirmation to print the transaction receipt.
- Check during the transaction if there is some power failure or network issue comes then the transaction should be marked as nulled and no amount should be dispatched.
I hope after going through all of these test scenarios, you have got an idea about the ATM Machine because we are trying to cover UI, Positive, and negative test scenarios in our test cases for atm machine.
You can take the below things as a challenge, and try to answer those. So, you can improve your knowledge:
|☑️ Account Deactivation Test Cases||☑️ Amazon Login Screen Test Cases|
|☑️ Amazon Search Functionality Test Cases||☑️ Gmail Test Cases|
|☑️ Login Attempts Test Cases||☑️ Login Page Test Cases|
|☑️ Login Screen Page Test Case||☑️ Logout Test Cases|
|Check More: The Test Case Template|
In this post, we are trying to cover the widespread and generic scenarios of ATM Machine. But still, we believe if you think about the more situation, then you may find some other scenario. Let us know in the comment section of the then missed scene so that we can update this article.
If you still want to contribute something to the testing community, then you can share it with us at email@example.com.