Test Case For Tabs Test Case
In this post, you’ll find test cases for tabs. For those who are not aware of the tabs control, you can go to the jquery UI homepage and check the demos. You can find how the tabs work and how they arrange the data.
For the sake of simplicity, take a look at the image below for the ideas on test cases. This image shows you three clickable tabs. The content is not dynamic. However, the content hides from unselected tabs. So selected tabs content is shown there. You can take a look at the jQuery tab demo to see how the functionality works. The more test cases can be formed if you get hands-on the dynamic content within the tabs.
|Test Scenario Overview|
|Post On:||Test Case For Tabs|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
If you wish to test the tabs on window-based programs, then I suggest taking a look at the tabs within an application like Notepad++. You can also read the test cases to find and replace dialogue box if you wish to test the tabs for window-based application. This way, you can check the difference between the web app based tabs and windows based tabs.
|Related Test Cases|
|☑️ Test Case For Stapler [RED]||☑️ Test Case For Table|
|☑️ Test Case For Telecom Billing System||☑️ Test Case For Television|
Live Tabs Test case Example
Here are some of the sample Tabs Test case
- Verify if the tabs are clickable.
- Verify if the tabs are not locked or stuck on any single tab option.
- Verify if the content inside the tab is visible.
- Verify if the content in a specific tab shows under the expected tab.
- Verify if the tab colors are as per specification.
- Verify if the tabs are correctly loaded when the webpage is loaded.
- Verify if the slow download doesn’t break the tab content and renders tab open.
- Check if the tabs hide the information unless clicked otherwise.
- Check if the tabs don’t have animated effects for onclick action.
- Check if the tabs open on mouseover or not.
- Check if the tabs require the household on the tab to view the content.
- Check if the tabs are sortable for easy data viewing.
- Check if the tab data is served through AJAX.
- Check if the vertical tab feature is available.
- Check if the horizontal tab feature is enabled by default.
- Check if the clicking one tab hides the content of another.
These are some of the test cases that come to mind for the tab usage. I am sure you can come up with even more if you take an example of apps with more tabs or content in it.
|Tasks To Improve Your Knowledge|
|☑️ Test cases for URL||☑️ Test cases for delete functionality|
|☑️ Generic test cases||☑️ Test case scenario example|
|☑️ Test cases for Facebook chat application||☑️ Test cases example for web application|
|☑️ Test cases for dropdown||☑️ How to write test cases for delete button|
|Let We Inform you, For improves your knowledge you can take the above as a task and you can work on that. But from the above task list some of the tasks we have already completed and you can find those on our blog. After Completion if you want to share with us that then you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In return for that maybe we plan something more surprising for your career.
I suggest making use of Jquery demo page and find the test cases for the tabs. You are likely to find more test cases for the tabs. If you have any suggestions or comments regarding the test cases on my website, then do let me know in the comments. I’d appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to share this page on Facebook and Twitter.