Test Case For Microwave Oven Test Cases Template
|Test Scenario Overview|
|Post On:||Test Case For Microwave Oven|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
Microwave Oven Test Case scenarios
Note: These are few context-based questions that came into my mind while generating test ideas for a microwave oven.
- What kind of model is it? A Solo model, Grill model, or a Convection model?
- What is the capacity (in terms of liters) of the oven?
- What is the microwave output (700W, 800W, 850W, etc.)?
- What is the Max power consumption (1000W, 1150W, 1200W, 1210W, 1450W etc)?
|Related Test Cases|
|☑️ Login Screen Page Test Case||☑️ Logout Test Cases|
|☑️ Mobile Apps Test Cases||☑️ Mobile Test Cases|
Test Cases For Microwave Oven
- Test the structure and dimensions of the microwave and see if it conforms to the specified dimensions mentioned in the user manual. [Build Verification Testing!]
- Test if the door of the oven fits squarely and securely and opens and closes smoothly. [Installability Testing!]
- Test if the door hinges are in proper condition, and the surface of the door is not damaged.
- Test if there is no corrosion is evident on the door, the door hinges or the oven interior.
- Plug the power terminal and see if the LED glows. And test if the oven is getting power supply. Also, test the current received and maximum allowed. [Usability Testing!]
- Test if the microwaves generated in the microwave oven cease to exist once the electrical power to the magnetron is turned off.
- Test how the microwave performs under different voltage conditions. Test how it is able/unable to sustain fluctuating voltage. [Performance Testing!]
- Test the power consumption of the microwave.
- Switch ON the oven for a very long time (say up to 12-24 hours continuously) and see the result. Test if the thermostat works fine under such a situation. [Stress Testing!]
- Test if the timer is working, and the microwave switches off automatically after the preset time. [Usability Testing!]
- Keep the oven door open and test if you can set a timer for cooking. [Usability Testing!]
- Test if you can switch off the microwave before the timer has counted down to the present time. [Usability Testing!]
- Test the cooking time for different food items. [Performance Testing!]
- Test if the oven results in uneven absorption causing localized “hot spots”.
- Test if the bowls made up of glass and plastics are heated when used in the oven. Ideally, they should not. [Usability Testing!]
- Test if parts of frozen food remain frozen if insufficient time is allowed for the heating process.
- Test if microwaves do not directly heat the oven walls and other non-metallic cooking utensils.
- Test if the microwave exposure causes serious health effects such as deep tissue burns and hyperthermia. Test if it either causes or promotes cancer. [Security Testing!]
- Test if the microwaves make the food or the oven radioactive. [Security Testing!]
- Test if the safety interlock switches stop the generation of microwaves immediately the door is opened. [Security Testing!]
- Test that there is no microwave leakage from the device. If it is there, it should not exceed the recommended limit (differs from country to country).
- Test if cardiac pacemakers are likely to be susceptible to microwave interference, when very close to an oven. [Security Testing!]
- Test the operation of the oven without a load (i.e., an absorbing material such as food or water). See if it results in fire hazards due to the resonance of the magnetron tube itself. [Security Testing!]
- Test by using the oven for sterilizing baby bottles or other food utensils. [Capability Testing!]
- Test if closed containers and eggs explode when heated in the microwave oven due to the pressure build-up of steam. [Security Testing!]
- Try to heat grapes in the oven and see if it explodes due to arcing! [Security Testing!]
|Tasks To Improve Your Knowledge|
|☑️ Test scenarios for WhatsApp search||☑️ Test cases for WhatsApp|
|☑️ Test scenarios for table||☑️ Test cases for registration page|
|☑️ Test cases for messaging app||☑️ Art of testing test cases|
|☑️ URL testing scenarios||☑️ Test plan scenarios|
|Let We Inform you, For improves your knowledge you can take the above as a task and you can work on that. But from the above task list some of the tasks we have already completed and you can find those on our blog. After Completion if you want to share with us that then you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In return for that maybe we plan something more surprising for your career.
These were a few test ideas that came to my mind while attempting to generate ideas to test a microwave oven. But I am sure there can be a lot more test ideas like these.
Why don’t you take this as a Testing Challenge and come up with your very own test ideas? Let me (and others) know about your test ideas by leaving behind your comment.