Radio Button Test Cases & Test Cases For Radio Button Template: In this post, I’m covering test cases for the radio button. In the previous article, I’ve covered checkbox test cases and had requested to cover the radio button test case if you want more test cases then you check more live test case examples on our blog.
Radio buttons are used on forms or websites where a user is supposed to make a single choice. Unlike checkboxes where you can have multiple choices, the radio box leaves you with a single option. So most of the forms collect data where the accuracy of information is decided based on the radio box selection.
|Post On:||Test Case For Radio Button|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Have you:||Telegram Group Of SoftwareTestingo|
Often the wrong selection could lead to skewed data. If the radio button leads to wrong options even after proper selection, the form output or the application under test could result in faulty performance. So this is one more reason why radio buttons should be checked with care despite their easy-to-test appearance.
The form in the screenshot has two radio buttons that require a certain response from the user. We are going to use the current form in the screenshot for our test cases. If you have any other additional questions about the radio button options then free to add them and see how many test cases you can come up with. For the sake of simplicity just follow the screenshot below for the test cases.
Similar Test Cases
- Test Case For Password Reset
- Test Case For Pin Code Field
- Test Case For Profile Photo Upload
- Test Case For Reset Button
- Test Case For Save As Button in MS Office
- Test Case For Search Box
Test Case For Radio Button
- Check if the radio is presented on the web page as per the design.
- Check whether the radio buttons are selectable or unselectable.
- Check the shape of the radio button as per the SRS document.
- Check if the color and style of the radio button are as per the requirement document or not.
- Check if label text is present for the radio buttons or not.
- Check if the radio button is selectable by using the tab on the keyboard.
- Check the alignment of the radio button on the web page.
- Check if the user is able to select multiple radio buttons.
- Check the style, color, and size of the radio button as per the requirement document.
- Check without selecting any radio button if the user click submits then is the alert message is displaying or not?
- Click on the ‘Yes’ radio button control and hit submit to see if it redirects to the specific page.
- Click on the ‘No’ radio button control and hit submit to see if it redirects to the specific page.
- Check if the user select yes then the correct data should be saved on the database.
- Check on clicking the label and check whether the radio button is selected or not.
- Check on the selection of radio button respective web element (text box ,drop-down ..etc) open or not.
- Check the alignment of the radio button and label text in all browsers.
- Check the default selection of the radio button as per the SRS document.
You can come up with a few more additional options based on the form of radio buttons used with questions. I hope that the test cases listed here are helpful for your use.
Feel free to let me know your views on my series of posts on test cases. If you wish to write the guest post on the test cases then I’d appreciate that as well. Please do share the post on social media if you have found it helpful.