Chair Test Cases – For Manual Testers In Details
Chair Test Cases Template: In this post, we are going to discuss the different scenarios and test cases for a chair. So in this post, we are going to cover these test cases in detail like both functional and non-functional scenarios as well. If you want to take other test cases that are shared by softwaretestingo, then you can check our previous test case on Car.
Chair Test Case
- Verify that the chair is stable enough to take an average human load
- Check the material used in making the chair-wood, plastic, etc
- Check if the chair’s leg is level to the floor
- Check the usability
- Check if there is back support in the chair
- Check if there is support for hands in the chair
- Verify the paint’s type and color
- Verify if the chair’s material is brittle or not
- Check if the cushion is provided with a chair or not
- Check the condition when washed with water or effect of water on the chair
- Verify that the dimension of the chairs is as per the specifications
- Verify that the weight of the chairs is as per the specifications
- Check the height of the chair’s seat from the floor
Check Also: Ecommerce Website Test Case
- Check whether the chairs are very comfortable to take rest
- Check whether the chairs are available in your favorite color
- Check whether the chairs are made up of plastic or wood
- Check it has got wheels on the bottom to move from one to another place
- Check whether it has got some extra add-ins to stretch on back
- Check whether it has got any seating adjustment to make height or low
- Check whether the chair’s seat has got some airspace to flow of air
- Check whether the chairs have got enough space to be a seat with fat or thin people.
- Check whether the chairs are up to your price
- Check whether the chairs are very attractive
And Also, we are going to share the same test cases which we faced with a different scenario: “Write a test case for a chair to check whether it will last for the next 10 years and check the quality of the chair and its durability.”
How to Write Chair Test Case?
So, before writing the test case, you have to think about What are the requirements? To answer this question, look for specific details that are testable. In my opinion, the requirements are:
- It must be a chair
- It must be durable and last for 10 years.
That’s it. This requirement says nothing about how this chair should look or how comfortable it should be when you sit in it. When the requirement asks to “check the quality,” this is far too vague. What does ‘check the quality’ actually mean?
I would discuss this vague requirement with the business analyst, but for now, I don’t have that luxury.
Anyway, I will assume whoever wrote the requirement wants me to verify typical qualities that people expect from chairs. Consequently, here are my test cases:
- Verify that it has a functional design that enables a single person to sit on it comfortably.
- Verify it was made for no more than one person to sit on.
- Verify that a person can lean back and place full weight on the upright portion of the chair, take all pressure off the abdominal muscles, and relax.
Place [X] amount of pressure on the chairs over [Y] amount of time under the most harmful environmental conditions associated with raw materials that create its form (wood, cushions, etc.) as well as materials that hold it together (nails, glue, dovetail, etc.). Pay particular attention to stress points on the chairs. Verify that the chair continues to perform its function. Do this on the
- The seat of the chairs
- Each leg of the chair (if it has legs)
- The back of the chairs and any other stress point that could weaken over time.
If you found any missed test case, then you can drop in the comment section of the software testingo.