Pen Test Case Template: We often see that interviewers ask us to write the sample test cases for the pen, and you can also test cases on Payment Gateway. It becomes quite harder to write them unless we break the test cases down into multiple categories like – performance, specification, negative tests, and usability tests, etc. So in this article, I’m jotting down some of the sample test cases, both positive and negative, for the pen.
Design based Pen Test Case
Each pen is unique in design and follows a particular pattern for the design. So we have to write the test cases for the same.
- Does it make follows the design specification?
- Does it have the color as per specification?
- Does the tip of the pen as per the specification?
- Does the grip hold as per the specification?
- Does the pen gets closed properly either by cover or with the click of a button at the top?
- Does the logo of the company is placed as per the design specification?
Functional Test Cases
- Write on paper and see if it works or not.
- Write on the paper of rough surface and see if it writes or not.
- Write and check if it has the same ink as a specification.
Performance and Load Test Cases
- Check it works in continuous writing.
- Check the temperature has any effect on the pen ink or tip.
- Check the pen works on wet paper.
- Check the pen operates by keeping the pen in a horizontal position while writing with the paper placed on a wall.
- Check if the pen operates if the tip is held facing a vertical position for long.
- Check if the tip of the pen works on both rough surfaces and then back to the smooth surface of the paper.
- Check if the tip works fine while writing on hand.
Negative Test Cases
- Check it has ink or not.
- Check it has the right colored ink.
- Check it works for a specific meter specified in the specification.
- Verify the capacity of the tip by putting the tip in the water and then trying to write with it.
- Verify if the tip works on both rough and smooth surfaces by writing with various angles and then using it back on the normal paper surface.
- Verify it works on the smooth surface.
Pen Test Case Scenario
- Verify the type, whether it is a ballpoint, ink or gel pen
- Verify the outer body, whether it should be metallic, plastic or any other material as per the specification
- Verify that length, breadth, and other size specifications.
- Verify that it is with a cap or without a cap
- Verify that it has a rubber grip or not
- Verify the color of the ink.
- Verify the color.
- Verify the size of the tip.
- Verify the company name or logo of the maker is correct and at the desired place
- Verify that it is smooth
Check Also: Mobile Test Cases
- Verify if the ink gets leaked in case it is tilted upside down
- Verify if the pens get leaked at higher altitude
- Verify the type of surfaces we can write at
- Verify if the text written by the pen is erasable or not
- Verify its ink condition at extreme temperature is as per the specification
- Verify the pressure up to which the pen’s tip can resist and work correctly
- Verify that is breakable or not at a certain height as the specification
- Verify text written doesn’t get faded before a certain time as per the specification
- Verify the effect of water, oil and other liquid on the text written
- Verify the condition of ink after a long period of time is as per permissible specification or not
- Verify the total amount of text that can be written by at one go
- Verify that ink is waterproof or not
- Verify that it can write when used against the gravity- upside down
- Verify that in the case of the ink pen, the pen’s ink can be refilled again
- Verify that it has a transparent body or not.
- verify that can we able to see refill or not.
There are many other additional tests, but these are the ones that you can come up with when you have no visual idea of the pen and also don’t know the specification of the product. I hope these test cases help you with interviews or while discussing it with peers. Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions or comments.