API Test Cases & API Testing Test Cases: API testing is an important step in the development of any application. The need for this is that applications nowadays are connected through APIs, which serve as the glue between applications.
Testing APIs is critical to maintaining and improving your product’s quality. It allows you to validate that all the endpoints are functional and following the documentation. It also allows you to prevent errors before they even occur.
|Post On:||API Testing Test Cases|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Get Updates:||Software Testingo Telegram Group|
Testing APIs is becoming a very common requirement. However, it is often too hard to find real and relevant use cases to test them against. This article has collected some API testing tips to help you deliver better tests faster.
Testing APIs is no longer a low-risk endeavor. It is becoming essential for any company’s IT department to ensure the security of its applications and web services. With the increasing number of exposed APIs, testing becomes even more important. This article will provide tips and examples for testing your APIs effectively and efficiently.
You can also face the questions like this for the same test cases API test cases, API test cases in excel, sample API test cases in excel sheet, API testing test cases, test cases for API testing, sample manual test cases for API testing, sample test cases for API testing, sample API test cases, API test case template.
Test cases for API Testing
- Validate the keys with the Min. and Max range of APIs (e.g., maximum and minimum length)
- Keys verification. If we have JSON or XML APIs, we should verify that all the keys are coming.
- Have a test case to do XML and JSON Schema validation.
- Verify the Parse the Response data
- Verify the JSON Schema validation, Verify the Field Type, Verify the Mandatory Fields
- Valid Response headers & Negative Testcases response
- Verify how the API error codes are handled.
- Verify the response HTTP status code.
- Valid Response payload
- Chaining Request verification.
- Verification of APIs with Data parameters.
- End to End CRUD flows
- Database Integrity Test Cases
- File Upload Testcases
API testing is an important step in the development of any application. It’s important to test your APIs regularly, especially if you’re developing them for a mobile app. By automating these tests, you can ensure that your apps continue to work properly and provide the best possible user experience. To learn more about API testing, check out our blog post here. If you can think of more of these test cases, you can share them with us in the comment section.