Test Case For Group Chat | Group Chat Test Case
In this post, I’m listing test cases for group chat. The app that I am using for listing the test cases is – Hipchat. You can instead use Slack. The aim behind these test cases is to find as many test cases as possible for business group chat apps.
|Test Scenario Overview|
|Post On:||Test Case For Group Chat|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
Let’s take a look at the group chat application called Slack. You can also check out an application called Hipchat if you plan on testing specific features that you don’t find in slack. A free version of both of these applications includes file sharing, private groups, message archiving, and integration with other applications.
For the sake of simplicity, we are going to list some of the simple features of the Hipchat application. Take a look at the screenshot below for the group chat app – Hipchat.
To test such group chat apps. You need to ask some questions like what features are available for you to test.
- Does the app available for free or paid?
- Does the app available on the web or mobile?
- Does the app integrate with IFTT or other similar apps?
Does the app allow file sharing?
- Does the app allow video sharing?
- Does the app allow screencast feature?
- Does the app have a message to archive?
Group Chat Test Case
|Related Test Cases|
|☑️ Google Hangout Test Case||☑️ Google Search Result Test Cases|
|☑️ Hospital Management System Test Cases||☑️ HR Payroll System Test Cases|
Based on these features, you have enough data to test the apps for multiple scenarios. Here are some of the test cases for group chat.
- Check how many users can log into the group chat.
- Check how many users are active.
- Check how many users can be limited to the channel or groups.
- Check the limit of the users that can be active on all the channels or groups.
- Verify if all the members can view the message.
- Verify if all the messages are accessible by the moderator or admin.
- Verify if a normal user is allowed to send the text message to a specific user.
- Verify if the users are restricted from creating their group.
- Verify if the channel can connect with the available integration apps.
- Check if the user can open multiple channel windows.
- Check if the user gets the avatar from the gravatar.
- Check if the user has the option to change the profile picture.
- Check if the user can open multiple group chat instances with a different account.
- Check if the message delivery happens as per delivery time as opposed to the server timezone.
- Verify if the user can send the file above specific file size.
- Check the time it takes for a message and also the time displayed at delivery.
- Verify if the user can leave the chat at any time.
- Check if the user can leave the chat and to stop the message reception on his screen.
- Check if the user can mute the conversation.
- Check if the valid username and avatar are visible for the user.
- Check if the admin or moderator users are visible within the channel.
- Check if all the users are visible to each other within the group.
- Verify if the notification disappears after a user gets it on the desktop or the web-browser.
- Check if the user can close the chat window and logouts from the application.
- Check if the closing window closes the session of the user and also deletes the session cookies.
- Check if the user has a status like – available, busy, and not available to set within the chat room.
- Check how the messages are ordered if all the users start to post the message at once.
- Check how the group video chat is federated in terms of the voice and video activity.
- Check how the video gets shifted based on the speaker in the chatroom.
- Verify the delays in the messages based on the ISP and bandwidth.
- Check if the chatroom requires registering to chat.
- Check how many messages can be archived.
- Verify the geographical testing on how the UTF-8 content works in a chatroom.
- Check if the chatroom allows automation with integrated apps while the conversation is going on.
- Check if the screen-sharing works properly for users in chat.
|Tasks To Improve Your Knowledge|
|☑️ Test scenarios for WhatsApp search||☑️ Test cases for video call|
|☑️ Test scenarios for Instagram||☑️ Art of testing scenarios|
|☑️ How to test WhatsApp||☑️ How to write test cases|
|☑️ Test cases for Facebook||☑️ Performance testing chat application|
|Let We Inform you, For improves your knowledge you can take the above as a task and you can work on that. But from the above task list some of the tasks we have already completed and you can find those on our blog. After Completion if you want to share with us that then you can write to us at email@example.com.
In return for that maybe we plan something more surprising for your career.
These are the test cases that I managed to jot down quickly. You can find even more functionality-wise test cases. For this, you can follow the feature-wise approach and do the test cases.
I hope this post helped you to come up with some ideas on how to write test cases for group chat. I’d appreciate your comments, and please do share the post with others on social media.