Calculator Test Cases Template: We can see that the experienced and the fresher tester is often asked to write the test cases for the calculator, and if you want to check the previous Blackboard test cases, then you can check.
Many times the type of calculator is not mentioned. Test cases may be different for different calculators depend on the type like scientific, straightforward, financial, or some other specific calculator like a programmable calculator.
|Test Scenario Overview|
|Post On:||Test Case For Calculator|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
For the sake of simplicity, we are choosing a simple calculator for the test cases. You can come up with plenty of test cases to test a calculator based on mathematical computation. However, we are here testing the application to see if it is fit for consumer use.
So we have to make sure that it fits for the most apparent tests. If those tests are passed, then we can safely assume that the product is fit for use.
Test Case For Calculator
Here we are taking Ubuntu Linux’s calculator as an example of my test case. You can use the below image or use the one that comes with your operating system.
Basic Calculator Test Cases Template
Write the test cases based on the following functions and scenarios.
- Check the calculator if it starts by on button. If it is a software-based calculator, then check if it begins via specific means like from searching for a calculator in a search bar and then executing an application. Or by accessing menu items in Windows.
- Check if the calculator window maximizes to the specified window size.
- Check if the calculator closes when the close button is pressed or if the exit menu is clicked from the file > exit option.
- Check if the help document is accessed from Help > Documentation.
- Check if the calculator allows copy and paste functionality.
- Check if the calculator has any specific preferences.
- Check if all the numbers are working ( 0 to 9)
- Check if the arithmetic keys ( +, -, *, %, /) are working.
- Check if the clear key is working.
- Check if the brackets keys are working.
- Check if the sum or corresponding key is working.
- Check if the square and square root keys are working.
Functionality Test Cases
- Check the addition of two integer numbers.
- Check the addition of two negative numbers.
- Check the addition of one positive and one negative number.
- Check the subtraction of two integer numbers.
- Check the subtraction of two negative numbers.
- Check the subtraction of one negative and one positive number.
- Check the multiplication of two integer numbers.
- Check the multiplication of two negative numbers.
- Check the multiplication of one negative and one positive number.
- Check the division of two integer numbers.
- Check the division of two negative numbers.
- Check the division of one positive number and one integer number.
- Check the division of a number by zero.
- Check the division of a number by a negative number.
- Check the division of zero by any number.
- Check if the functionality using BODMAS/BIDMAS works as expected.
Advanced Tests on Scientific Calculator
If your calculator has advanced features, as shown in the screenshot.