Test Cases For Captcha: Nowadays most of the tools are available in the market for automation. So to stop accessing the bots or tools to access the website, in website captcha is introduced.
What is a Captcha?
The purpose of a Captcha is a mechanism of identifying and allowing real human user access, and to keep automated bots and systems from submitting form data online. By using a series of verification techniques that only humans can conduct, the aim is to keep bots out.
|Post On:||Test Case For Captcha|
|Post Type:||Test Case|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Social Group||Join SoftwareTestingo In Telegram|
Captcha is a type of challenge-response test used on websites to verify the identity of human users. It is typically presented as a series of visual or text fields that must be correctly entered by the user in order to submit the form. This can include typing letters and numbers from a certain alphabet, selecting from sets of characters, or clicking on images.
Test Cases For Captcha
Captcha is used to prevent any attack. Captcha is used on the form submission. Register, login, forgot password, and support page.
- Check is the captcha is available on the web page.
- Check the alignment of the captcha on the web page.
- Check how much time it takes to load the captcha on a webpage.
- Check on reload the page a new captcha should be displayed.
- Check the alignment of the captcha.
- Check on the presence of ad blockers the captcha is displaying or not.
- Check captcha working on adblocker or not.
- Check webpage accepts the valid captcha or not.
- Check is a user can request for new captcha without the page loading option being present or not.
- Check an audio option is added for the captcha or not as per the requirements.
- Check new captcha is generated in case the user adds the wrong captcha.
- Check an error message shown when page timeout for the captcha.
- Check an error message that should be shown in case the captcha is not filled by the user.
- Check a proper error message is shown in case the user has not filled the captcha correctly.
- Check an error message is shown in case the captcha is partly filled by the user.
- Check user IP is blocked on attempting an invalid captcha after the defined number of attempts.
- Check that the Application should accept only Valid Captcha.
- Check that the Captcha code showing on the screen is visible to the user or Not.
- Check that the Captcha code format(Captch should be in Image).
- Check that the Captcha code is reusable or Not.
- Check whether the Captcha code generates new code or not once the page is get refreshed.
- Check that the Captcha code generate new code or not once the user entered the wrong Captcha
- Check that the copy-paste for Captcha code should be hidden.
- Check that the Captcha code should be Case Sensitivity. (Upper cases and lower case).
- Check that the Captcha code should not disrupt the other fields in the form once entered wrong.
- Check that the Application should display an alert message when the user enters the wrong Captcha code.
- Check the audio version of Captcha (as per SRS).
- Check that the Captcha code should not be confusing. For (Zero and O )(numbers 6 and 9).
- Check that the application should not accept the partial Captcha code as valid.
- Check only the first and the last letter from the Captcha Code
- Check By Entering the correct Captcha code, followed by a random character.
- Generic Test Cases for Captcha Functionality
- Check the Captcha is rendered in its entirety (check functionality and ideal for UI Testing)
- Check that refreshing the screen generates a random Captcha
- Check image in the tile is shown on click on the check box or not.
- Check the images are clearly visible to the user or not.
- Check tile images shown on the captcha are clickable or not.
- Check that the captcha is loaded properly on the web page load.
- Check images are all generated and rendered correctly
- Check that the Captcha displays a meaningful message to the user on what they need to select.
- Check the user is able to select 1 or more image(s) from the visual captcha that has been generated
- Check user is able to select and continue
- Check incorrect image selection and submission rejects the user.
- Check when a user gets a submission incorrect, the system reloads the Captcha.
- Check captcha code is clearly visible or not.
- Check code shown should be in image form or not.
- Check user can not copy and paste the captcha verification code from the image.
- Check captcha code is clearly visible to the user.
- Check captcha should display code clearly between zero 0 and O o, 5, and S.
- Check captcha code should be case sensitive (Upper and Lower case)
Test cases for Text Captcha
- Check that the text image (captcha Code screen) is being displayed correctly
- Check text can be read (functional and user experience check)
- Check user is able to input data into the Captcha field.
- Check case sensitivity of captcha code
- Check captcha validation failure when an incorrect captcha code is entered
- Check successful captcha validation when the correct Captcha code is entered.
- Check refresh button generates a new code
Test Cases for Audio Captcha
- Check Captcha User Interface has generated correctly.
- Check the audio icon is displayed
- When Captcha has been generated Check the audio icon can be clicked
- Check that the Audio player and controls are displayed
- Check each audio control functionality works (e.g. Play, pause, back, forward)
- Check that selecting the ‘Play’ button generates the correct Captcha as per the screen.
- Check audio Captcha is accepted.
Test Cases for Video Captcha
- Check video captcha screen and all UI elements are generated correctly
- Check that the video button plays the video
- Check video asks you a question related to the video
- Check the video accepts the correct (related answer)
- Check the video rejects an incorrect answer.
Test Cases for Puzzle Captcha
- Check that all puzzle images have been generated on the screen
- Check that all UI items and controls have been generated
- Check that selecting the mouse button completes the correct action (you will decide this based on what you’re trying to test)
- Check that completing Puzzle Captcha allows you to progress to the next step
- this could be login authorization etc.
- Check that failing the puzzle captcha rejects the user’s actions and asks them to try again or the system takes another action.
Test Cases for ReCaptcha
- Check the reCaptcha screen has been generated on-screen correctly
- Ensure the mouse screen is far away from the check box as possible and select the mouse button.