Bank Application Transactions Test Case Template
In this post, we are going to learn how to write test cases for Bank Transactions. And in our previous post, we also Amazon Search Functionality test case templates. Each bank has its flow for money transfer.
So it is hard to generalize the flow for all the banks. So I am attempting to come up with a stream that most of the banks are likely to have in their money transfer process. You may find a lot of difference depending on the type of bank that you are using.
|Bank Application Test Scenario|
|Post On:||Test Case For Bank Application|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
But before starting writing the test scenario of bank application test cases, you have to understand below things:
What is internet banking?
In internet banking, bother customers and organizations are using an electronic method for money transfer using a web application. Currently, in the 21st century, most of the peoples are used this method to money transfer because of its faster and also no need to wait for a long time in the queue for doing a single transaction.
By using this method, you can able to various operation related money transfer like receive money, pay bills, and so many other operations as well.
But when you are dealing with any bank application, both the developer and testers ensure that the app is running smoothly on all browsers and devices. And the web application also secures from all cyber threats, and the performance also doesn’t go down during peak business hours.
Bank Application Testing
There are several aspects QA specialists prioritize when testing any Bank Application:
- Functionality Testing: All modules are working as expected (both as an independent element & after integrating all separate modules)
- Usability Testing: Most of the time, who are using banking applications that are not proficient PC users. So for them, the form should be clear and have a user-friendly interface.
- Performance Testing: As this is developed for the users, so the performance of the application should be faster. And the app should be working correctly on various platforms.
- Security Testing: As by using a banking application, peoples are going to use for money transfer. So its one of the high priority tasks for the organization to develop the app in such a way that it meets standard guidelines of security.
So in this post, we are going to discuss the natural flow of the Bank Application with some basic scenarios:
Test Steps for Bank Transactions
So here are the necessary steps which we follow when we perform any currency transfer operation:
- Go to the bank website login page.
- Input username and password.
- Go to the money transfer page.
- Add the beneficiary to whom you want to transfer money.
- Check the details of the bank account and person. Verify if they are correct.
- Select the specific money transfer method from NEFT/RTGS or SWIFT transfer options.
- Select the beneficiary name, funds, and then submit the details.
- Verify the amount and other details on the verification page.
- Click submit for the final action of fund transfer.
Whatever steps you are seen above, that is the fundamental flow that we cover here. And maybe if you go to another region, then it may be something different from the above scenario.
For example, some of you may have SMS authentication before sending the money. Some of you are likely to have other means of verifying the details of the beneficiary to avoid sending the money to the wrong person. But that being said, flow is pretty much the same for most banks.
Another difference process followed by different banks maybe when you are going to add a beneficiary whatever fields you are now seeing in the below image possibly vary from bank to bank. So the picture below shows the number of fields that you can validate and write test cases for as well.
If you add the test cases for each page, then the test cases will be a lot covering the essential aspects of the tests.
Test Cases for Online Bank Application Money Transfer
- Verify the bank website URL.
- Verify if the bank website URL has HTTPS on the address bar and in the URL.
- Verify if the bank website login page does not appear forged.
- Verify if the bank login page has a username and password.
- Verify the username and password are being accepted or not.
- Verify if the SMS authentication is triggered after login.
- Verify if the user is redirected to the dashboard after passing all authentication processes.
- Verify if the user has access to the online money transfer feature.
- Check if the user can transfer funds option is available during the specific period (9 am to 5 pm).
- Check if the fund transfer option shows notice for off-business hours transactions.
- Verify if the user can add the beneficiary.
- Verify if the beneficiary details can be verified.
- Verify if the fund transfer option allows NEFT or RTGS option for nationalized money transfers.
- Verify if the fund transfer page asks for beneficiary name, IFSC code, bank name, and fund amount and purpose of the transfer.
- Verify if the fund transfer page asks for PAN number if the amount of funds gets over 50k.
- Check if the fund transfer page has a 2-step authentication before you finalize the transfer.
- Check if the interbank fund transfer happens instantly or not.
- Check if the amount of time it takes for the funds transferred between the in-business hours.
- Check if the amount of time it takes for the funds transferred between the off-business hours.
- Check if the amount transferred notification is sent to the sender and receiver.
- Check if the amount gets transferred to the exact person mentioned in the beneficiary.
Apart from this flow, there are a few other scenarios; also, we are now added to this post. Hope that also give you little bit idea on writing banking application test case.
Banking Application Test Case For Admin
- Check admin can login with valid credentials and not able to login with the invalid credential date.
- Check Admin can log in without the valid test data.
- Check all the links of the application for the admin role.
- Check Admin can change the password with valid data and should not allow changing with invalid data.
- Check that recently used test data should not allow reusing again.
- Check Admin can log in successfully or not.
Banking Application Test case For new Branch
- Check With valid data, you can create a new branch.
- Check with invalid data. You are not allowed to add a branch.
- Check to try to create a new branch with the existing test data.
- Check the reset, cancel & submit button is working as expected or not.
- Try to Update branch details with valid and invalid test data.
- Try to update branch details with test data.
- Update branch details with existing branch test data
- Check the cancel button is working or not.
- Check branch deletion is allowed with and without dependencies.
- Check user should be able to search and locate the Branch.
Bank Application Test Case For New Role
Let us now see some of the sample test cases for Bank application adding a new role.
- Check you can create a new role with valid data or not.
- Check you can create test data without test data?
- Verify new role with existing test data
- Check the role description and role types.
- Check the Cancel & Submit is working as expected or not.
- Check you can delete a role without dependency.
- Check all the links of the new role is working as expected.
If you want to add a few more points, then let us know about those. Now we will move towards other test cases of Banking application is for customers & visitors.
Test Case for Bank Application Customers & Visitors
- Check all the links of Customer and Visitors modules are working as expected.
- Check all the customers can login with their valid credentials.
- Check the Customer is not able to login with the invalid date.
- Check after the number of unsuccessful account access; then, the user account should be locked for that day or not.
Test Case for Bank Application for Adding New Users
- Check you can add a new user with valid data.
- Check correct validation messages are displaying by entering invalid data.
- Check after adding a user correct branch details should display.
- Check all the links are working as expected.
- Check all buttons are working as expected.
- Check validation messages are showing when invalid data are entered during update user details.
- Check the Warning message when you click the submit button without change any details during an update.
- Check to delete user functionality is working as expected or not.
Test Case For Bank Application Opening New Account
- Check all the mandatory fields and their corresponding validation messages.
- Check all the optional fields and their corresponding validation messages.
- Check after fill all the required fields, click the submit, and check the new user is added or not.
- Check after deposit the amount in the account, updated balance is displaying or not.
- Check the user able to withdraw the amount or not.
- Check after withdrawing the amount the balance is updated or not.
- Check all the inputted details are appearing in the user profile section.
- Check is there any primary account is provided or not when that’s a secondary account.
- Check the company details are provided or not if that’s a current account.
- Check proof is provided or not if that’s a joint account.
- Check zero account is maintained in a salary account.
- Check you can maintain zero or less than minimum balance for a non-salary account?
I hope we can cover the very basic test scenario of the Bank Application. While going those in the above scenario, if you find any missing test cases of Bank Application, then you can mention those scenarios in the comment section.
If you want to contribute something on Softwaretestingo.com regarding Bank Application or any other topics or tools, then you can write to us at email@example.com.