Which are test cases for the pen drive?
Pendrive Test Cases
There are many test cases for pen drive in Software Testing.
- Check whether the pen drive can connect with the system.
- Check whether the LED is available in the pen drive.
- Check whether the LED works properly.
- Check whether the size of the pen drive is compact.
- Check the memory of the pen drive.
- Check whether the pen drive stores all format files.
- Check that the written data can be retrieved.
- Check that the data written to the pen drive should not be corrupted.
- Check whether the pen drive memory can be erasable and Reusable.
Check Also: Manual Test Cases Example
Pendrive Test Case For Verify Functionality
A pen drive’s chief function is to store and retrieve data because it is a storage device. So we can have the following test cases to test a pen drive:
- Data gets stored (i.e., write to)in pen drive from a magnetic drive like HDD, Optical drives like CD-ROM, and other storage devices.
- Written data can be retrieved (read back operation)
- The device can be detected across its interface. Say, if the pen drive is a USB device, it is detected in a USB drive.
- The detected pen drive reflects the correct capacity it claims.
- Data written to or read from the pen drive should not be corrupted.
- The pen drive can be formatted correctly should be able to host the file system with which it is formatted.
Guys, I guess this answers.
- Validate whether the USB connector is available.
- Validate whether the Pendrive handle is available.
- Validate whether the Pendrive can connect with the system.
- Validate whether the pendrive’s required memory is available. [For Ex: Pendrive storage space is 2GB or 4GB or 8GB.]
- Validate whether the LED of the Pendrive is available.
- Validate whether the LED is working fine.
- Validate whether all format files can store.
- Validate whether the size of the pen drive is small.
- Validate whether the write-protected switch is available or not.
- After inserting the Pendrive, validate whether the Pendrive icon is displayed in “My Computer”.
- Validate whether the Pendrive satisfies the configuration details.
Please correct me, if i was wrong