Test Case For Ecommerce Website
This post is related to the test cases which are required to test an e-commerce website. Checking an E-commerce website is itself a challenge as it includes many flows. To test an E-Commerce website, one must know about testing techniques and some of the knowledge about what E-commerce is.
|Test Scenario Overview|
|Post On:||Test Case For Ecommerce Website|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
Below are some of the test cases which will help you to do better testing of E-Commerce Websites.
Ecommerce Website General Test Cases
General Test Cases for Ecommerce Website
- Check that users can navigate through all the products across different categories.
- Check that all the links are redirecting to correct product/category pages, and none of the links is broken.
- Check that the company logo is visible.
- Check that all the text – product, category name, price, and product description are visible.
- Check that all the images are visible.
- Check that category pages have a relevant product explicitly listed for the category.
- Check that the correct count of total products is listed on the category pages.
Login Page Test Cases For Ecommerce Website
- Check that there are proper validations on Login Page.
- Check for an error message if Email, password, or any required field is left blank.
- Check the validations on Email and password.
- When you log in, check that you stay logged in as you browse products. Also, you need to test the behavior.
- When the user doesn’t interact with the site for some time, will the session expire after some time? Make sure the user has been logged out after the session times out.
- When you are logged in, log out and make sure you are logged out and that you cannot access any of the accounts pages.
|Related Test Cases|
|☑️ Test Case For Digital Camera||☑️ Test Case For Door|
|☑️ Test Case For Electric Bulb||☑️ Test Case For Electronic Reader|
Registration Page Ecommerce Website Test Cases
- Check that all the required fields are present on the registration page.
- Check that the required/mandatory fields are marked with * against the field.
- Check that for better user interface dropdowns, radio buttons and checkboxes, etc. fields are displayed wherever possible instead of just text boxes.
- Check the page has both submit and cancel/reset buttons at the end.
- Check that on clicking the submit button after entering all the required fields, and the data is sent to the server.
- Check that clicking cancel/reset button after entering all the required fields, cancels the submit request, and reset all the fields.
- Check that whenever possible, validation should take place on the client-side.
- Check that not filling the mandatory fields and clicking the submit button will lead to the validation error.
- Check that not filling the optional fields and clicking the submit button will send data to the server without any validation error.
- Check the upper limit of the text boxes.
- Check validation on the date and email fields (only valid dates and valid email Ids should be allowed.
- Check validation on numeric fields by entering alphabets and special characters.
- Check that leading and trailing spaces are trimmed.
- Check that entering blank spaces on mandatory fields lead to validation error.
Address Book Test Cases Of Ecommerce Website
- Check validations on Address Book Page.
- Verify Address entered by the customer.
- Check Add New Address functionality.
- Check Change Address functionality.
- Check the availability of the product on the Address entered by the customer.
Search Page Test Cases For Ecommerce Website
- Check that the products displayed are related to what was searched for.
- Check that the products should display an image, name, price, and maybe customer ratings and number of reviews.
- Check the more relevant product for the search term is displayed on the top for a particular search term.
- Check that all items on the next page are different from the previous page, i.e., no duplicates.
- Check that when both sorts and filters have been applied, they remain as we paginate or more products are loaded.
- Check that count of products is correctly displayed on the search result page for a particular search term.
- Check that filtering functionality correctly filters products based on the filter applied.
- Check that filtering works correctly on category pages.
- Check that filtering works correctly on the search result page.
- Check that the correct count of total products is displayed after a filter is applied.
- Check that all the sort options work correctly – correctly sort the products based on the sort option chosen.
- Check that sorting works correctly on the category pages.
- Check that sorting works correctly on the search result page.
- Check that sorting works correctly on the pages containing the filtered result, after applying filters.
- Check that product count remains intact irrespective of the sorting option applied.
Wish list Page Test Cases
- Verify that the added product is present on the wishlist page.
- Check that Update of the wishlist is working correctly.
- Check the Share wishlist functionality.
- Check that user can add products to the cart from the wishlist page.
Product Details Page Test Cases
- Verify Actual product details with expected product details.
- Verify Add to Cart should work correctly.
- Check that user can add products in the wish list.
- Check that a complete description of the product, including images, is appropriately shown.
- Check that option to check the availability of the product is present.
- Check that users can rate, review the product.
Cart Test Cases
- Check that user can add products to the cart.
- Check that the cart is updated with the correct name, image, and price of the product.
- Check that users can add the same product multiple times.
- Check that the price increase accordingly when a product is added multiple times.
- Check that user can add multiple products of different types.
- Check that For each item added, a corresponding name, image, and price and the total price of all things are shown.
- Check that when a product is removed from the cart, the cart gets updated and shows the actual items in the cart, total price according to the products left in the cart.
- Check that when all the products are removed from the cart, then cart balance becomes zero, no items should be displayed in the cart.
- Check that customers should be able to see more about the product when clicked on the product either as a popup or redirect to the product page.
- When a user adds products to cart and then closes the tab, then ideally, the cart should still hold your items or mainly depends on the requirements on how the cart should behave.
- Check that the cart’s price is discounted when we apply a coupon and not discounted when we use an invalid or expired coupon.
Product Buy Flow Test Cases
- Check that on the product page, and a user can select the desired attribute of the product, e.g., size, color, etc.
- Check that users can add to cart one or more products.
- Check that user can add products to the wish list.
- Check that user can buy products added to cart after signing in to the application (or as per the functionality of the website).
- Check that user can successfully buy more than one products that were added to his/her cart.
- Check that the limit to the number of products a user can by is working correctly by displaying an error message and preventing the user from buying more than the threshold.
- Check the availability of products at desired locations.
- Check that Cash on the Delivery option of payment is working fine.
- Verify that the different pre-paid methods of payments are working fine.
- Check that product return functionality works fine.
- Check that the Cancel Order option is present.
Payment Page Test Cases
- Check that After fill shipping address and payment, the product is purchased successfully.
- Check that Different payment types should be present, e.g., Credit Card, PayPal, Bank Transfers, Installments, etc.
- Check the security of the client’s card details when entered for payment.
Seller – Product creation Test Cases
- Check that authenticated sellers get access to product creation panels specific to the authorized categories.
- Check that product creation is working fine for single product creation.
- Check that product creation is working fine for multiple product creations.
- Check that the maximum product creation limit for the seller is working fine, limiting the seller to create more than the desired number of products.
- Check validation for checking mandatory fields.
- Check that duplicate product creation is restricted.
- Check that seller can update the information and price of existing products.
- Check that product created by sellers get visible on the website after a specific period.
- Check that updation made by the seller get visible on the website after the specific period.
Post Purchase Test Cases
- Check that customer can cancel the order or change the quantity of the order.
- Check that customer can Review recent order and history of purchased items.
- Check that customers can Change information, such as billing address, shipping address, change password, change profile information such as name, email address, and even deleting an account.
|Tasks To Improve Your Knowledge|
|☑️ Test cases for Flipkart website||☑️ E-commerce testing pdf|
|☑️ How to automate e-commerce website using selenium||☑️ Load testing for e-commerce website|
|☑️ How to test eCommerce website automatically||☑️ Test cases for home page of website|
|☑️ Introduction to testing in e-commerce||☑️ API testing in eCommerce|
** Let We Inform you that if you want to improve your knowledge then you can take the above as a task and work on this. You may found that some of the tasks we have completed you can refer that. After Completion if you want to share with us that then you can write to us at email@example.com.
In return for that maybe we plan something more surprising for your career.
If your friend also wants to know about this post, please share it with them, so they will also get to know about the same. If you have any questions or queries, please let us know by sending a comment below.