Test Cases For Search Functionality Or Search Test Cases: Login pages and search functionality are the two most important functionalities for most websites and web apps. While developers and QA engineers test the most complex scenarios, often some basic test scenarios are missed out, which can seriously hamper the user experience for the visitors.
|Post On:||Test Cases For Search Functionality|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Check Also:||SoftwareTestingo Telegram Group|
Test Cases For Search Functionality
I am putting down my own research in writing which can be used for testing the login functionality of web apps – specifically for the testing login page and search functionality.
Similar Test Cases
- Test Case For Save As Button in MS Office
- Test Case For Search Box
- Test Case For Search Filter
- Test Case For Social Network Widgets
- Test Case For Text Area
- Test Case For Text Field
- Field length validation for the User name (6-12 chars) and Password (6-12 chars)
- Max length should be set for all the text boxes
- The Password field should be masked with asterisks (*****)
- Left and right trimming should be done for the Password field
- Login credentials in the UPPER case should not be treated as invalid
- Forgot Password link should be present on the form
- The reset button should clear data from all the text boxes in the form
- A validation message should be shown when special characters are entered in the username field then the invalid username and/or password are entered or the fields are left blank
- The user should be redirected to the Login page if the Login URL is bypassed
- Clicking on ‘Log out’ should take the user back to Home Page
- If the user clicks on the “Remember me” option, he should be redirected to an appropriate page on the next login
- The user should be redirected to an appropriate page for Forgot password option
- Clicking on Sign Up should take the user to the registration page.
- The User Interface of the page which shows only one search result or does not give any search results should be presentable and consistent
- When the search results span over multiple pages, the UI and pagination should work properly
- Verify keyword search by entering the First, middle, or last word of any title and verify that it is found in search results
- Sorting order for search results should work properly for the fields where sorting is available
- For an eCommerce website adding a new item to the system should automatically make it searchable the title of an existing item is updated, the search results should show the item for old as well as new title Deleting an item should remove it from the search fields as well
- All the test cases should be separately run for logged In and not logged in user
- Browser compatibility for the search functionality should be verified
Search Functionality Test Cases
- Verify the search functionality by entering the valid searched keyword in the search box.
- Verify the result shown in the grid are as per searched keyword.
- verify the search functionality by entering the invalid keyword in the search box.
- verify that when the user clicks on the search button without entering any parameter.
- Verify the search functionality when the user copies and pastes the parameter and clicks on search.
- Check the time taken by the system to display the result in the grid.
- Verify the message when the system is not able to search any result.
- Verify the no of results on each page (if page indexing is there).
- Verify the count of the searched result showing or not.
- Verify the loading symbol when the page takes more time to display the result in the grid.
- Verify the order of result is showing as per requirement or not.
- Check that user is able to edit, delete, or view …the search result or not.
- Verify the pagination, when there is more result in the grid than the default.
- Verify whether the Next and previous functionality working as per requirement or not.
- Verify the UI of the grid . (grid should be the same as normal )
- Verify the result when the user enters a partial searched keyword and click on search.
- Verify that when the user enters only starts later and click on the search button.
- Verify the search functionality if auto-suggestion is there.
- Verify the search functionality when the user enters the negative value and click on search (try in all possible way . (A-Z, a-z, 0-9 symbol, etc.)
I hope this list is useful to you. Do add any more test cases which you feel could enhance this list further and will be useful for fellow blog readers.