Login pages and search functionality are the two most important functionalities for most of the websites and web apps. While developers and QA engineers test the most complex scenarios, often some basic test scenarios are missed out, which can seriously hamper the user experience for the visitors.
|Test Scenario Overview|
|Post On:||Test Case For Search Functionality|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
Search Functionality Test Cases
I am putting down my own research in writing which can be used for testing login functionality of web apps – specifically for the testing login page and search functionality.
|Related Test Cases|
|☑️ Test Case For Registration Page||☑️ Test Case For Search Filters|
|☑️ Test Case For Shopping Scenarios||☑️ Test Case For Single User Login On a Web Application Testings|
- Field length validation for the User name (6-12 chars) and Password (6-12 chars)
- Max length should be set for all the text boxes
- Password field should be masked with asterisks (*****)
- Left and right trimming should be done for Password field
- Login credentials in the UPPER case should not be treated as invalid
- Forgot Password link should be present on the form
- The reset button should clear data from all the text boxes in the form
- Validation message should be shown when special characters are entered in the username field, or when the invalid username and/or password is entered or the fields are left blank
- The user should be redirected to the Login page if the Login URL is bypassed
- Clicking on ‘Log out’ should take the user back to Home Page
- If the user clicks on the “Remember me” option, he should be redirected to an appropriate page on next login
- The user should be redirected to an appropriate page for Forgot password option
- Clicking on Sign Up should take the user to the registration page.
- The User Interface of the page which shows only one search result or does not give any search results should be presentable and consistent
- When the search results span over multiple pages, the UI and pagination should work properly
- Verify keyword search by entering First, middle or last word of any title and verify that it is found in search results
- Sorting order for search results should work properly for the fields where sorting is available
- For an eCommerce website adding a new item to the system should automatically make it searchable the title of an existing item is updated, the search results should show the item for old as well as new titleDeleting an item should remove it from the search fields as well
- All the test cases should be separately run for logged In and not logged in user
- Browser compatibility for the search functionality should be verified
|Tasks To Improve Your Knowledge|
|☑️ Test cases for user profile page||☑️ Test cases for login page|
|☑️ Pagination test cases example||☑️ Typeahead search test cases|
|☑️ Test cases for delete functionality||☑️ Test cases for registration page|
|☑️ Test scenarios for password text field||☑️ Test cases for zomato|
|Let We Inform you, For improves your knowledge you can take the above as a task and you can work on that. But from the above task list some of the tasks we have already completed and you can find those on our blog. After Completion if you want to share with us that then you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In return for that maybe we plan something more surprising for your career.
I hope this list is useful to you. Do add any more test cases which you feel could enhance this list further and will be useful for fellow blog readers.