Login pages and search functionality are the two most important functionalities for most websites and web apps. While developers and QA engineers test the most complex scenarios, often some basic test scenarios are missed out, which can seriously hamper the user experience for the visitors.
|Post On:||Test Case For Search Functionality|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Check Also:||SoftwareTestingo Telegram Group|
Search Functionality Test Cases
I am putting down my own research in writing which can be used for testing login functionality of web apps – specifically for the testing login page and search functionality.
- Field length validation for the User name (6-12 chars) and Password (6-12 chars)
- Max length should be set for all the text boxes
- Password field should be masked with asterisks (*****)
- Left and right trimming should be done for Password field
- Login credentials in the UPPER case should not be treated as invalid
- Forgot Password link should be present on the form
- The reset button should clear data from all the text boxes in the form
- Validation message should be shown when special characters are entered in the username field, or when the invalid username and/or password is entered or the fields are left blank
- The user should be redirected to the Login page if the Login URL is bypassed
- Clicking on ‘Log out’ should take the user back to Home Page
- If the user clicks on the “Remember me” option, he should be redirected to an appropriate page on next login
- The user should be redirected to an appropriate page for Forgot password option
- Clicking on Sign Up should take the user to the registration page.
- The User Interface of the page which shows only one search result or does not give any search results should be presentable and consistent
- When the search results span over multiple pages, the UI and pagination should work properly
- Verify keyword search by entering First, middle or last word of any title and verify that it is found in search results
- Sorting order for search results should work properly for the fields where sorting is available
- For an eCommerce website adding a new item to the system should automatically make it searchable the title of an existing item is updated, the search results should show the item for old as well as new titleDeleting an item should remove it from the search fields as well
- All the test cases should be separately run for logged In and not logged in user
- Browser compatibility for the search functionality should be verified
- Verify the search functionality by entering the valid searched keyword in search box.
- Verify the result showing in grid are as per searched keyword.
- verify the search functionality by entering the invalid keyword in search box.
- verify that when user click on search button without entering any parameter.
- Verify the search functionality when user copy and paste parameter and click on search .
- Check the time taken by system to display the result in grid.
- Verify the message when system not able to search any result .
- Verify the no of result in each page (if page indexing is there).
- Verify that count of searched result showing or not.
- Verify the loading symbol when page take more time to display the result in grid.
- Verify the order of result are showing as per requirement or not.
- Check that user able to edit , delete , view …the search result or not.
- Verify the pagination , when there is more result in grid than default.
- Verify the Next and previous functionality working as per requirement or not.
- Verify the UI of grid .(grid should be same as normal )
- Verify the result when user enter partial searched keyword and click on search .
- Verify that when user enter only starting later and click on search button .
- Verify the search functionality if auto suggestion is there.
- Verify the search functionality when user enter negative value and click on search (try with all possible way .(A-Z, a-z , 0-9 symbol etc.)
I hope this list is useful to you. Do add any more test cases which you feel could enhance this list further and will be useful for fellow blog readers.