Test Cases For Flight Reservation System Test Cases: In this post, we are going to discuss Flight Reservation System Test Cases, and in the previous post, we discussed the test case for find-replace.
|Post On:||Test Case For Flight Reservation System|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Have You Joined:||Telegram Group|
What is Flight Reservation System?
A flight Booking system is a complete system that automates the flight booking process to help book flights online for particular seats available on various flights. It is essential to have a reliable and efficient booking system for your company. At the same time, you need to ensure that your booking system provides you with comprehensive information so that you can improve your customer experience.
One of the key aspects of business is to secure reliable and efficient customer service. However, it’s hard to ensure that your customer support team will deliver the best services without quality software solutions. That’s why we have developed a flight booking system that enables our customers to book their next flight in just a few minutes. And in that testing plays a major role to provide the end product is a quality one.
Similar Test Cases
- Test Case For Date Field Calendar
- Test Case For Digital Wallet
- Test Case For Export to Excel From PDF
- Test Case For Gmail
- Test Case For Gmail Login Screen Page
- Test Case For Google Search
Test Case For Flight Reservation System
So we have prepared the test scenarios for the Flight Reservation System
- Check whether the page is possible to login without providing the user with any details
- Check and try to log in to the page with three characteristics user name.
- Check and log in to the page with a valid username
- Check and log in to the page with the correct username and invalid password
- Check and log in to the page with a valid username and valid password
- Check whether the password is encrypted form while entering the same
- Check whether the application is accepting the date in DD/MM/YY format
- Check whether the application is recognizing the time in MM/DD/YY format
- Check the date by entering the same in MM/DD/YY but execute the test by providing the single-digit value for the date and month E.g.6/7/13
- Check the website whether there is any functionality for adding new flights
- Check after adding a new plane in the system if the trip has all the details like flight name, code of the flight, from and to destinations, frequency, timings, and capacity of the plane.
- Check you can search the newly added flight by entering the name, from to airport details, or by entering the flight code
- Check whether the drop-down list box are listings the name of the boarding places
- Check whether the drop-down list box is listing the name of the destination places to select the location.
- Check the application whether it is showing the availability of the flights with the date and timings of the departure
- Check is the search result has the details like and availability of seats
- Check if the user clicks on the flight name is it giving all the details
- Check is the user is getting the real-time results of the flight like the availability of seats
- Check when the user clicks on the book button then is the graphical user interface for the seats is displaying
- Check if the pricing of different types of seats is shown to the user
- Check if the user can select one or more seats.
- Check whether the user can choose to pre-book a seat or not, the vendor used to try to choose a booked seat that time it should display a warning message
- Check after selecting one or multiple seats, when the user clicks the process button that time it redirects the user to the passenger details page where the user needs to feel all the passenger details to complete the booking process.
- Check a user can download that ticket the ticket is visible after completing the booking process
- Check the seat status after a user is or completes the booking process, the status should be changed from available to book
- Check after completing the booking process if the user is getting an email confirmation to the email ID provided on the passenger details page
- Check how many seats a user can book at a time, If he’s tried to book more than the allowed seats then an error message should be display
- Check whether all the different payment options are working properly
- Check while booking seats. Additional information should also be displayed like luggage commas extra legroom, food, etc . if the user selects any extra option, then the extra charges also need to be added to the actual price of the seat.
- Check a user can cancel a book ticket after canceling the ticket the money should be refunded to the same account which is used while booking a ticket
- Check if a seat is canceled then the status of the seat should change from booked to available
- Check is the help option is provided on the website or portal, also verify is the help section contains all the required information
- Check in the contact up page heaven option to contact Airlines for any assistance.
- Check if is there any option for web check-in before the flight
- Check if is there any functionality to inform a user if the flight gets delayed
- Check whether the cursor is moving to the name of the passenger field for entering the passenger name who is going to travel
- Check the application is allowed to select the class of travel by clicking the available options like first, second and business class
- Check whether the application is showing the details of the passenger order once it has been placed.
Reservation Agent Cancels a Flight Reservation – Negative Test Cases
- Cancel a reservation that does not exist
- Cancel a reservation that was not canceled before
- Cancel a reservation that has not been paid
- Cancel a reservation where the credit card used for payment is not valid anymore
- Cancel a reservation where the flight time is in less than 24 hours from the cancellation time
- Cancel a reservation for which a boarding pass was already issued
- Cancel a reservation for which a seat has not been assigned to the passenger.
A Small Suggestion to our visitors is that if you have found any missed test cases on the Flight Reservation System, then you can share that by commenting in the comment section.
Test Scenarios For Bookmyshow
If you’re looking to book tickets for a movie, play, concert, or sporting event in India, then Bookmyshow.com is a great option. They commonly partner with major event organizers to become the official ticketing provider for that event – so you can be sure you’re getting legitimate tickets. For example, they are the official ticketing partner for Formula 1 racing in India.
That’s why those organizations are developing any such platform and if you are attending a QA role for that organization then writing Test Scenarios For Bookmyshow or test cases for BookMyShow or BookMyShow test cases is a very common question in the interview.
So we tried to share test scenarios for BookMyShow in an excel sheet with each detail. So if any of your friends if looking at the test cases for BookMyShow you can share this blog post URL with them.
Test Cases for BookMyShow
If you want to see the full test cases for the BookMyShow application then you can download the excel sheet by clicking on the link.
Test Scenario For Online Bus Ticket Booking
Now we are going to write another important test case or test scenario which you face mostly during all the interviews. So the next test scenario is on the test scenario for online ticket booking. As you know nowadays there are various online platforms are available those are providing online ticket booking facilities.
So in the interviews, the interview may ask you to write a test case on the specific applications like test scenarios for BookMyShow, test scenarios for making my trip/test cases for make my trip, test scenarios for bus ticket booking, test cases for travel website, test cases for online bus ticket booking, flight booking test cases, MakeMyTrip test cases, make my trip test cases, test scenarios for flight booking. In this way the list becomes huge.
So we thought to cover the above test scenarios by taking one of the popular applications which are IRCTC. This IRCTC application is used by thousands of people to book train tickets. So let’s deep dive:
Test Cases For Online Ticket Booking Using IRCTC
- Verify whether the https://www.irctc.co.in/nget/ ticket booking website is loading properly or not.
- Verify on filling train details like From station, To station, Departure date, list of available trains are displayed.
- Verify that users can search for trains by name, from-to station for checking their status and timings.
- Verify that search results have train details, timings, and availability.
- Verify that clicking the search results opens complete details for the train.
- Verify that the user should see real-time train status of availability of seats.
- Verify the user is able to see available seats on a train.
- Verify that the pricing of different types of seats on a train is displayed to the users.
- Verify User is able to select a single or more than one seat.
- Verify if the seat is booked then the user should not be able to purchase the ticket for that seat.
- Verify when the user selects a seat, enters passenger details, and then does the payment then the selected seat should get booked.
- Verify once the user has booked the ticket then he can download the ticket.
- Verify the status of the seat gets changed to booked after the user has booked the ticket.
- Verify user should receive SMS or mail after successfully booking of ticket.
- Verify the user is able to book one ticket per document.
- Verify when the user cancels the ticket then his amount should get refunded.
- Verify when the user should not be able to cancel the ticket after the train has left the station.
- Verify when a user tries to cancel the ticket on the day of traveling then he should not get the full amount as a refund.
- Verify by trying payment from different types of payment modes.
- Verify once the user has canceled the ticket status should get changed to available.
- Verify error message is displayed when the user enters a special character in from and to the field.
- Verify error message is displayed when the user leaves all the field blank and click on search train.
- Verify error message should be displayed when a user leaves the passenger details to form blank and click on submit.
- Verify payment should get rejected when the user enters the wrong credentials during the payment process.
- Verify the user is getting extra benefit if he has purchased a ticket for the AC compartment.
- Verify user should not be able to purchase a ticket if he is not login to the application.
- Verify if the user tries to book a ticket without login into the app then he should be redirected to the login page.
- Verify the ticket price mentioned on the user ticket, that amount is only debited from the customer account.
- Verify user details are mentioned properly on the ticket which the user has downloaded.
- Verify the user is able to search the train status using the PNR number.
- Verify user’s amount is refunded if his account is debited but the ticket is not booked due to a network issue.
- Verify the user is not able to purchase a ticket for the past date.
- Verify the user is getting a ticket on his what’s app if he has selected the option of share ticket on what’s app.
- Verify after successful booking of ticket user should be able to see his ticket booking history.
- Verify when a user enters the wrong id proof number then an error message should be displayed.
- Verify if the user has not entered the IRCTC id and he tries to book a ticket then an error message should be displayed.
- Verify if the user has not entered the email id during the ticket booking process then an error message should be displayed.
- Verify if a user has entered a special character in the name field during the ticket booking process then an error message should be displayed.
- Verify when the user clicks on the edit passenger details button the Edit Traveller section should get open.
- Verify the user is able to delete the passenger detail by clicking on the delete button.
- Verify when the user has edited his details then it should get updated, old data should not be reflected in the passenger detail section.
- Verify when the user selects some other nationality the passport number field should be visible to the user.
- Verify the user is able to change his boarding point during the ticket booking process.
Now We come to the end of this post, but we have covered somany important test cases or test scenarios that are frequently asked in the interviews. But as the applications are huge there may be a chance of missing some of the test scenarios. So if you found any such testing scenarios then you can inform us in the comment section.
If you found these test case examples are help full then kindly share them with friends and colleagues.