Test Case For Television Test Cases Template
In this post, you’ll find sample test cases for Television. The test cases in this post are not specific to the brand. You can adjust the brand or the specific tests as per your requirements. If this question is asked in the interview, then feel free to come up with your tests, and also you can check common interview test cases. Ask the interviewer if he has any specific feature in mind, which he thinks should be tested, and then you can extend the test cases accordingly.
The functionality of the television will differ from one brand to another. Some of the brands also contain the built-in software for handling data input from USB or computer, Set-top box input, antenna, and cable input, and the respective menu options vary accordingly.
|Test Scenario Overview|
|Post On:||Test Case For Television|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
So for each brand, the test cases will vary. To keep this post as generic as possible, we are not considering any menu options or settings specific to the TV. However, we’ll refer to some of the settings whenever it is required.
Branding Test Cases:
Each Television comes with specific branding, and we can make some general test cases to confirm the same.
- Verify the brand logo as per the specification on the box, on the set, and inside the Television menu.
- Verify the branding is genuine by checking the manufacturing specifications.
- Verify the brand packaging is performed as per the specification.
- Verify if the manual and the specification documents have the brand information along with the model.
Packaging Test Cases:
- Check if the Television box is placed as per the specification.
- Check if the sponge and Thermocol packaging are as per the specification.
- Check if the packaging isn’t damaged due to the shipping and warehouse handling.
- Check if the packaging does not tamper before the delivery of the product.
- Check if the product is tested before delivery, the same package is delivered.
|Related Test Cases|
|☑️ Traffic Signal Test Cases||☑️ Toaster Test Cases|
|☑️ User Registration Form Test Cases||☑️ Wall Clock Test Cases|
Usability Test Cases:
- Check the screen size is as per the specification.
- Check if the width of the screen is as per the specification.
- Check if the screen resolution by default is set to good viewing ergonomically.
- Check if the remote is comfortable to handle.
- Check if the remote buttons allow minimum possible navigable buttons for usage.
- Check if the Television set has the screen adjustment menu buttons.
- Check if the menu buttons on the Television are easily operable.
Power Test Cases:
These tests are quite common to perform for any TV regardless of the branding.
- Check if the power input turns on the TV.
- Check if the power off turns off the TV.
- Check if the power input turns on the branded logo of the TV before going towards the menu options.
- Check if the power off accidentally doesn’t damage the built-in booting feature of the TV.
- Check if the random load shedding of power doesn’t affect the TV internals.
Interface Test Cases:
- Check the interface for the built-in set-top box menu and verify if it works as per specification.
- Check if the interface for the remote control menu works as per the specification.
- Check if the interface for the local antenna works as per the specification.
- Check if the interface tests can be initiated or terminated on demand.
Additional Test Cases:
- Check if the stress of the screen light does not make the eyes tiring with a short amount of viewing.
- Check if the TV UV light does not create environmental issues.
- Check if the TV sound does not create a humming sound.
- Check if the TV sound does not break and affect the watching experience.
- Check if the audio quality of the TV set is as per the listening standards.
- Check if the video quality of the TV set is as per the specification and viewing standards.
- Check if the TV menu allows access to the USB devices, Set-top box, or HDMI input.
- Check if the TV menu allows configuring the TV viewing settings.
- Check if the TV menu allows channel locking.
- Check if the TV menu allows channel scanning.
- Check if the TV menu allows the favorite channel sorting option.
- Check if the TV menu allows settings to go on default if a user fails to find his optimum settings.
- Check if the channel sensitivity is easy to adjust.
- Check if the parental controls can be applied to the TV with a password or other credentials.
- Check if the menu navigation is easy to perform.
- Check if the first time setup of TV guides the user through all the necessary operation either via interface or manual.
- Check the color modes of the TV to verify it as per the specification.
- Check the timer feature is possible with the TV menu.
These are some of the test cases that I came up with after checking some of the TV models in the shopping mall. You can come up with more power tests and another brand-specific test so that you can test features specific to that model.
|Tasks To Improve Your Knowledge|
|☑️ Test cases for tv remote||☑️ TV testing|
|☑️ Projector test cases||☑️ Test scenarios for table|
|☑️ Test cases for pen||☑️ Test plan scenarios|
|☑️ Test cases for youtube||☑️ Test cases for watch|
|Let We Inform you, For improves your knowledge you can take the above as a task and you can work on that. But from the above task list some of the tasks we have already completed and you can find those on our blog. After Completion if you want to share with us that then you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In return for that maybe we plan something more surprising for your career.
I hope this post helps you answer some of the questions in an interview. Feel free to let me know if you found this post useful. I’d appreciate the feedback and feel free to add your comments.