Test Case For Password Reset Test Case Template
Password reset test cases were asked in the interview for candidates with one year experience. This question was sent to me on my twitter, so I decided to write a post about it. I will list some of the typical test scenarios you can use to test the password reset page.
Considering the question is perfect to go with the login page test cases, you may want to pick a mail system to make your test cases specific and unique. In this post, I am using the Outlook mail service for writing the test case. There is a high chance that the system will change shortly on password changing methods.
|Test Scenario Overview|
|Post On:||Test Case For Password Reset|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
Here are some of the test case scenarios for a password reset for the outlook mail platform. As you can see, I have attached the images for each test scenario. The tests mentioned here are limited, and you can add them and expand depending on your choice.
Password Reset Test Case Scenario
- Check if the “can’t access your account” works.
- Check if the “can’t access your account” link redirects to the correct page.
- Check if the redirected page has the necessary option for a password reset.
- Check if the page asks to choose between three options for a password reset.
- Check if the link “I forgot my password” option takes to the necessary page for a password reset.
- Check if the link “I know my password, but I can’t sign in” page offers specific instruction to that of the page.
- Check if the link “I think someone else is using my Microsoft Account” to the specific page.
- Check if the next and cancel buttons are disabled if no choice in the radio button is made.
- Check if the option selection enables the next and cancel buttons.
|Related Test Cases|
|☑️ Online Editor Test Cases||☑️ Online Examination System Test Cases|
|☑️ Password Test Case Scenario||☑️ Payment Gateway Test Cases|
- Check if the captcha audio link opens a pop-up window for you to listen to the captcha audio.
- Check if the captcha on the page is readable.
- Check if the correct captcha is accepted and redirects the user to the next specific page.
- Check if the incorrect captcha triggers an “invalid captcha” warning text.
- Check if the correct email ID and correct captcha redirect the user to the next page for password extraction.
- Check if the New link on the captcha box creates a new captcha text.
- Check if Microsoft gives further instruction on password extraction by using either mobile or secret questions.
- Check if the mobile number verification process is triggered after selection.
- Check if the secret question verifies the right answer.
- Check if the following the specific instruction (as per the country of origin of account) leads to password reset.
- Check if the password reset process allows the user to set a new password.
- Check if the process allows the user to set a new password with the same restriction on that of the registration page.
These are some of the common test cases that you can use for testing the outlook password reset page. I hope this helps during your interview or while setting a better test for the login page in your application.
|Tasks To Improve Your Knowledge|
|☑️ Password test cases||☑️ Test cases for login page|
|☑️ Test cases for Facebook||☑️ Use case for change password|
|☑️ Test cases for Instagram||☑️ Test cases for Zomato|
|☑️ Test cases for reset button||☑️ Negative and positive test cases for login page|
|Let We Inform you, For improves your knowledge you can take the above as a task and you can work on that. But from the above task list some of the tasks we have already completed and you can find those on our blog. After Completion if you want to share with us that then you can write to us at email@example.com.
In return for that maybe we plan something more surprising for your career.
Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions and improvements for the post. Do comment and share the posts with others on social media.