Test Cases For Login Page In Excel Sheet Pdf: This post is the continuation of the Manual test case examples series. Here we are going to discuss all the possible Test Cases For Login Page In Excel Sheet Pdf.
In your testing carer, you may have got a chance to test any web application which has login functionality. If you have come across such similar functionality then you got to know that helps to secure your application.
|Post On:||Test Case For Login Page|
|Post Type:||Test Case|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Join For Updates||Telegram Group Link|
Those who have valid credentials those peoples can only access the application. So login Page is taken care of a major role in the application. So we are trying to cover all the possible test scenarios. As per the client’s requirement, the condition may change. So in this test cases for login page in excel sheet post, we are trying to cover some of the common scenarios. The login page not only gives you the authority to change into your account but also provides the freedom to see the critical and confidential information behind the login page.
Elements Of a Login Page
Before writing the test scenario for the login page try to imagine if you have the mockup screen. Then first try to find all the elements of the page. The Login page may have the below elements on it:
- Email / Username / Password Text Box
- Remember Me CheckBox
- Login Button
- Login via the Facebook button
- Log in via a Twitter button
- Login via the GitHub button
- Login via the Google button
- Login Screen For Different resolution on Mobile, Desktop & Tab.
- If you try to access Your account without login then it should be redirected to the login page
- Spam user’s accounts are deactivated and they should not be able to log in
- CAPTCHA displayed on 10 try to log in unsuccessfully
we try to discuss all the possible negative and positive scenarios of the Login page test case with some basic examples. If we have missed some basic test scenarios, which can lead to a bad user experience.
So, we came up with the list of scenarios to Test the Login Page, and gradually we will be adding more such checks to this list.
- Test Case For Hotel Booking System
- Test Case For Kindle
- Test Case For Login Attempts
- Test Case For Logout Page
- Test Case For Onetime Password
- Test Case For Online Book Shopping
Test Cases For Login Page In Excel Sheet Pdf
For this scenario, first let us divide all the possible categories like:
- Basic Field Validations of GUI
- Security Validations
- Testing Captcha
Login Test Cases In Excel – Field Validation On GUI
- Check if the cursor is the focus at the username text box when you open the login page.
- Check whether tab functionality (move the cursor from one text box to another text box) is working or not.
- Check the minimum and maximum length of the text boxes are defined or not.
- Check whether Password field values are displayed in masked format or not.
- Check whether the validation message is displaying or not based on the input value.
- Check the valid credential user should be able to log in
- Check if the user is redirected to the forget password page after clicking on the forget password link.
- Check if the user is redirected to the signup page after clicking on the signup page.
- Check users should not able to log in with valid user names and invalid passwords.
- Check user should not be able to invalid user name and valid password.
- Check user should not be able to log in with a blank user field and valid password.
- Check user should not be able to log in with a valid user and blank password field.
- The system should block the IP or User name after frequent unsuccessful (defined invalid login attempts) login.
- Check is the data of all the text boxes is clear after hitting the reset button.
- Check by using the keyboard tab functionality, the user is able to select the web element through the tab button or not.
- Check if the user is able to click on the login button through the enter button or not.
- Check the user credential remained on the field after clicking remember and get back to the login screen again.
Login Test Cases In Excel Design Related Test Cases
- Check if the login screen is appearing after clicking on a login link or login button.
- Check is all login-related elements and fields are present on the login page.
- Check the alignment of displayed elements on the login screen that should be compatible with cross-browser testing.
- Check the size, color, and UI of different elements should match the specifications.
- Check the login page of the application is responsive and aligns properly on different screen resolutions and devices.
Login Page Test Cases In Excel Captcha
- Check when a user does not validate the captcha then the user should not be allowed to log in.
- Check link is present or not so that a user can refresh the captcha.
- Check the input field of the captcha is case sensitive or not.
- There should be an option for audio support, so after playing the audio user can fill the captcha.
- The angle and background texture of the captcha should be different so that captcha-cracking programs can not break them easily.
Test Cases For Login Page Xls Security Test Scenarios
- XSS scripts should not affect the system and Users should not be allowed to log in. A proper validation message should be displayed.
- Check if the SSL certificate is implemented in the application or not.
- Users should not be allowed to copy and paste the password from the text boxes.
- Check if a user is logging in from a new device then a notification should be sent to the registered user.
- SSL certificate should be implemented/ installed to secure the platform.
- The password should not be worked when copied.
- The login form should not reveal security information in view page source mode.
- The login form should not be vulnerable to SQL injection.
- Check the password format should be encrypted.
- Check when a logged-in user copies the URL and pastes it into a new window, it should redirect to the login page.
- Two-way authentication through OTP on mobile/email should be tested for banking applications.
Login Page Test Cases In Excel Session
- Check if a user successfully logs out, if the user clicks the back button should not take the User to logged-in mode.
- If a user is logged in through multiple devices and if he logs out from one device then automatically the user should log out from all the devices.
- Check that session time out an application
- Maximum Session time should be set for the Secured website
Test Case For Login Page In Excel Sheet Download – Browser Related
- If a user clears all the cookies of a browser and tries to go to a specific page of the application then it should ask for credentials again.
- ‘Remember Form Data’ setting of the browser should not remember the password
- Validate the login functionality when browser cookies are turned OFF.
Negative Test Cases For Login Page
- Check if a user is able to log in with an expired password or not
- Check if an unverified user is able to login into the application or not
- Check if the login functionality with blank fields
- Check the login functionality with SQL injections
- Check if the login functionality with incorrect email addresses and passwords
Test Case Template Excel For Login Page – Performance Test
- Check how many users log in to an application at a time
- Check the response time when the user logged in to the application
- Check when more than expected users logged in to the application at a time, the application should not be crashed.
If you still try to write the test scenario in an excel format then you can follow one of our earlier published articles, Where do we have to write in detail how to write the test cases in an Excel sheet?
we hope we have covered almost all various types of testing scenarios, but if you found any missed test cases, then you can comment in the comment section. We will update this Login page test scenario article as per your suggestions.