Login Page Test Cases Templates: Have you appeared for a testing interview, or have you gone through the testing of banking or social networking sites? If yes, then hopefully, you would be familiar with a login page that is used to protect confidential information, critical system functionality, or data with high integrity. The login page not only gives you the authority to change into your account but also provides freedom to see the critical and confidential information behind the login page.
Login Page Test Case
Here is the set of test cases for a login page that would help you in getting the right job with a better understanding of a login page.
- Verify that the login screen has the option to enter the username and password with the submit button and option of forgot password
- Verify that the user can log in with valid username and password
- Verify the user is not able to login with invalid username and password
- Verify that validation message gets displayed in case the user leaves the username or password field as blank
- Verify that the validation message is displayed in case the user exceeds the character limit of the username and password fields
- Verify that there is a reset button to clear the field’s text
- Verify if there is a checkbox with label “remember password” in the login page
Check Also: Pen Test Cases
- Verify that the password is in encrypted form when entered
- Verify that there is a limit on the total number of unsuccessful attempts
- For the security point of view, in case of incorrect credentials, the user has displayed the message like an “incorrect username or password” instead of an exact message pointing at the incorrect field. A message like “incorrect username” will aid hacker in brute-forcing the fields one by one
- Verify the timeout of the login session
- Verify if the password can be copy-pasted or not
- Verify that once logged in, clicking back button doesn’t log out the user
- Verify if SQL Injection attacks work on the login page
- Verify if XSS vulnerability work on the login page
we hope we have covered almost all various types of testing scenarios, but if you found any missed test case, then you can comment in the comment section.