Test Case For Mobile | Mobile Test Cases Template
This post explains some of the test cases for the mobile phone. For the sake of simplicity, we are choosing a smartphone (touchscreen). In the next post, I’ll cover the test cases for the telephone (analog/digital) with a wired connection. Feel free to add additional test cases to the below-mentioned ones, or you can let me know more in the comments.
|Test Scenario Overview|
|Post On:||Test Case For Mobile|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
Let’s assume this sample mobile phone with touchscreen functionality. You can assume this phone as an iOS-powered iPhone or Android Device.
Touchscreen Test Cases
- Check if the natural gestures work for swipe functions of the phone.
- Check if the touch gestures work for the phone setting.
- Check if the launch icons for software work with a touchscreen.
- Check if the idle applications can be removed from the queue.
- Check if the idle applications are possible to open with a touch.
- Check if the top press on the button increases volume.
- Check if the down press on the button decreases volume.
- Check if the pressing entire button opens up the volume bar.
- Check if the power button opens up a menu for the restart, shutdown, and other boot options.
- Check if the power button pressing once locks the phone.
- Check if the power button pressing turns off the light.
- Check if the idle phone can be boot up by pressing the power button.
|Related Test Cases|
|☑️ Microwave Oven Test Cases||☑️ Mobile Apps Test Cases|
|☑️ Mouse Test Cases||☑️ New Folder Renaming Test Cases|
- Check if the radio of the phone requires an audio connector.
- Check if connecting headphones can enable the radio of the phone.
- Check if the audio point enables the headphone settings of the phone.
- Check if the audio point is functional.
- Check if the USB plug accepts the wire for charging as per specification.
- Check if the USB plug accepts the wire of different companies but with the same specification.
- Check if the USB plug connection starts charging.
- Check if the plug doesn’t connect with the point of different specifications.
- Check the signal and network strength in different regions.
- Check the performance of the internal memory.
- Check the performance of the external memory card with the operating system.
Calling Test Cases
- Check if the phone allows dial-pad for making a call.
- Check if the phone allows disconnect and connect options for the ringing phone.
- Check if the phone allows connection from the contacts.
- Check if the phone provides a history for missed calls and called numbers.
- Check if the location history is given in the call history or while on call.
- Check the incoming call.
- Check the outgoing call.
Additional Test Cases
Here are some of the generic test cases irrespective of the mobile operating system.
- Check the phone operating system for usability.
- Check the phone design for usability.
- Check if the curved edges of the phone make it easy to hold.
- Check if the square edges are easy to handle.
- Check the battery performance of the mobile.
- Check the functionality of the additional keys if they exist.
- Check if the model of the phone is according to the requirements.
- Check if the display works as expected ( or according to specifications)
- Check if the manual instructions work on the mobile phone.
- Check if the mobile dimensions are as per specifications.
- Insert the SIM incorrectly and check the phone.
- Don’t insert the SIM and see how the phone operates.
- Check if the SIM can be inserted properly.
- Check if the SD card can be inserted properly.
- Check if the message sending function works.
Functional Test Cases For Mobile
- Check the type of mobile-smartphone or normal.
- Check all the required buttons (0–9 numbers, call answer, call end, etc) are present.
- Check the numbers and characters are printed on the button.
- Check the buttons are placed properly.
- Check all buttons are working properly.
- Check that the phone is compact.
- Check whether the phone comes with the charger and the length of the charger wire.
- Check the screen size of the phone.
- Check the memory of the phone.
- Check whether the external memory port is available.
- Check whether it connects to the network.
- Check the screen brightness of the phone whether it is adjustable.
- Check the volume keys.
- Check the battery requirements.
- Check the phone has a camera or not and the specifications of the camera.
- Check the phone weight is as per requirement.
- Check the phone can be locked.
- Check whether the user can receive a call while the phone is locked.
- Check the user can make a call by using the numbers button and call button.
- Check whether access phone directory and also check save and delete options.
- Check the user can send and receive SMS.
- Check whether the user can decline an incoming call.
- Check that the user can make the silent or vibration mode.
- Check that the user can set the different ringtones.
- Check the phone has a calendar and time option.
|Tasks To Improve Your Knowledge|
|☑️ Test cases for mobile application doc||☑️ Negative test cases for mobile application|
|☑️ How to test mobile application manually||☑️ Mobile app testing checklist|
|☑️ Test cases for uber app||☑️ Test cases for camera application|
|☑️ Test cases for valid mobile number||☑️ Test cases for pen|
|Let We Inform you, For improves your knowledge you can take the above as a task and you can work on that. But from the above task list some of the tasks we have already completed and you can find those on our blog. After Completion if you want to share with us that then you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In return for that maybe we plan something more surprising for your career.
I hope the test cases help you. If you have any suggestions and comments, then feel free to let me know. Feel free to share the article on social networks and forums.