Test Case For Google Search | Google Search Test Case
Test “Google Search Engine” is pretty much what a QA person will face in almost most of the interview. To bring the answer in here will be near to impossible mission, But for the interview question, I would be enough to show this test cases:
|Test Scenario Overview|
|Post On:||Test Case For Google Search|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
Test Cases of Google Search
- Check google page is opening or not after entering https://www.google.co.in in the URL box or not.
- Check the time taken to open the google page.
- Check google logo should be displayed at the top.
- Check how many results display on a single page.
- Check the information should correctly visible.
- If you entered nothing and just clicked search the nothing should occur.
- If you entered Special Characters like ! @,#,$, etc. and hit the submit button, you should search with the alphanumeric values.
- If a person has searched irrelevant, it should display the “Did you mean” link.
- IF test case did ‘t match, the search criteria get the did u mean in answer result(Test case)
- Verify the functionality of “I’m Feeling Lucky” search- the topmost search result should get directly returned (but as of now google doodle page link is displayed)
- IF test case did ‘t match, the search criteria get the did u mean in answer result(Test case)
- 1.enter text box with irrelevant data get displays did you mean with correct meaning text
- 2.enter not existing data means ++++++, it should not match anything it will not display anything
- 3.if clicks the did you mean besides correct text, the text displays in the search toolbar and search results should be displayed
- Check after searching with a particular keyword. Whatever data we are getting from the search result is related to the entered keyword and also contains links to the respective web pages
- Check the search result values are displaying in sorted order best on the eleventh of the cured
- Check the search result not only show the single keyword result but also displaying multiple keyword results with the entered keyword
- Check whether the search result contains only the alphabetic or it was also displaying special characters, alphanumeric, and images in the search result
- Check when you are entering a keyword in the search result Box, it is viewing list which is similar to the entered keyword
- Check whether you can select a keyword from the auto-suggestion list, and you can proceed with the cured keyword of the auto-suggestion list.
- Check whether you are getting the most popular or relevant search result of your query or the given keyword.
- Check whether a user can search in current spending categories of the Google search, registry search face have different options like the web page, News, videos, images, and books, etc. so based on the selection of the category respective result should be display
- Check If a user entered wrong or misspelled keywords, then search results should display a suggestion of the correct keyword. And if the user clicks on the right keyword, then respect to result should be shown to check whether Google displays the total number of search results of a particular keyword.
- Check how much time Google takes to show the result of a specific keyword
- Check the search results are displaying based on localization or globalization
- Check the search result is giving priority to the localized web pages as compared to the globalization web pages
- Check some Google service like calculator service is it displaying when a user search for calculator, and with the calculator, the user should be able to perform all the Arithmetic operation
- Check when a user search for Google converter services then the converter service should be displayed in the top of the search result and also the user to request to the converting service
- Check oriented keyword if there is no search result then there should be an error message displayed
- Check whether a user can search with different languages
- Check weather-related keywords are also showing in below of the search result
- Check the number of search result displayed in a single page
- Check if there is a phone number of the search result page, then there should be pagination.
- Check Google search functionality is case sensitive or not.
|Related Test Cases|
|☑️ Test Case For Gmail||☑️ Test Case For Google Hangout Test Case|
|☑️ Test Case For Group Chat||☑️ Test Case For Hospital Management System|
Front End – UI Test Cases of Google Search
- Check the Google logo is display center of the page
- Check the search box should be displayed at the center of the page and below the Google logo and also the search box is accepting values
- Check operation should be the user click on the submit button or hit the enter button of the keyboard
- Check the search result page should contain URL of the webpage title description
- the check based on the search query is any rich snippets are displaying
- Check If a user click web page link Officer result page should redirect the user to the specific web page
- Check if more than ten search results are found later in the first page, it should display ten results and page Nation
- Check is the user can get more result by clicking on the page Nation
- Check is the user can go to a specific page using the number of the pagination tab
Differently, we can write the test case scenario for Google Search as well.
Google Search Test Cases:
- To check whether the user enters the correct web address name in Internet Explorer
- To check whether the link opens the google web page
- To check whether the google page displays with the search text box
- To check whether we type any letter that must be seen in google search
- To check it must show some option word related to what we typed in the search text box
- To check whether it must provide the option word as a dropdown box
- To check whether it must provide the dropdown box with correctly ten options
- To check whether we once typed our word and we give search it must display the searched word page
- To check whether if we select advanced search, it moves to the advanced search page
- To check whether it shows with advanced search text boxes
- To check, whether if we click only advanced search button it must move to google home page
- To check whenever we open the page, the cursor should always be in the first text box
- To check based upon the maximum characters the text box should maximize along with web page should also be increased
- To check it we delete the words it must resize to its original size
- To check when we click the tip button, it must display the tip message
- To check whether we are in drop down box when we give the first letter of the word it must be shown with the word starting with that character
- To check whether we provide any invalid data it must not work
- To check when we select the + marked increase text box, the page should be expanded, and it must show the corresponding text fields
- To check whether we gave all the values to the field, and we select the advanced search button, it must show the result based on the data we have provided.
- Check time taken to open a new page when giving valid data to the text box
- When users are giving some data to text box check, related data is showing or not.
- Check back button status when the user wants to go back page.
- Check how many google page users can open.
- Suppose the user already opens a 7,8 new tab if we open another new tab, whether it is opening or not.
- The user using google page ex.for 10 hrs what is behavior.
- Check with different hardware, browser it is opening or not.
Google Search Test Cases
- Verify the search box clickable or not
- verify that user able to enter the keyword in google search box or not .
- Verify that user able to enter alphabet , Numeric , special char in google search box or .
- Verify that user able to copy and paste keyword in google search box or not .
- Verify that when user enter keyword in search box and click on search button , then the response fetched for particular keyword are valid or not .
- Verify the response showing in valid order or not (means most relevant result for the keyword are displayed on top of page ).
- Verify the search result when user enter single keyword and click search
- Verify the search result when user enter multiple keyword and click on search button .
- Verify the search result when user click on search without entering any keyword .
- Verify the auto search , when user enter a keyword then system showing auto suggestion keyword accordingly or not.
- Verify the search result when user enter special char , alphanumeric keyword .
- Check that misspelled keyword get correct automatically and response corresponding to the correct keyword showing or not .
- Check the total number of result for a keyword .
- Verify that “No result found ” message showing or not when user enter invalid keyword and click on search button .
- Verify the search result when user enter keyword in upper and lower case .”eg.QA acharya”
- Verify the time take to fetch the result for a keyword.
- Verify the search result by entering keyword in different languages .
- Verify the search result when user enter large keyword .
- Verify the search result when user enter only one word keyword .
|Tasks To Improve Your Knowledge|
|☑️ Manual test cases for search functionality||☑️ Test cases for registration page|
|☑️ Pagination test cases example||☑️ Test cases for login page|
|☑️ Test scenarios for password text field||☑️ Test cases for Zomato|
|☑️ Search testing checklist||☑️ Test cases for URL|
|Let We Inform you, For improves your knowledge you can take the above as a task and you can work on that. But from the above task list some of the tasks we have already completed and you can find those on our blog. After Completion if you want to share with us that then you can write to us at email@example.com.
In return for that maybe we plan something more surprising for your career.
We try to share the scenario of Google search and advance search text box test case templates. for more and missed test case scenarios, you can comment in the comment section.