Test Case Or Test Case For Checkbox: In this post, let’s discuss Test Case For Checkbox, and in the previous post, we have written test cases on the Chair. Checkboxes are often included in scenarios where multiple choice or single action from a user is expected. Depending on the CSS properties, these checkboxes can be designed as well.
|Post On:||Test Case For Checkbox|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
And you can include the respective test cases for the same. We are writing test cases based on the web form application. I have attached the screenshot below. You can use the below checkbox screenshot for writing your test cases, as well.
Let’s assume we have a bunch of checkboxes on the web-based form. You can even consider windows based applications instead. In both types of applications, checkboxes will function exactly the same. Most web-based applications use checkboxes for acquiring multiple choice information.
Similar Test Cases
- Test Case For Credit Card Application Processing
- Database Testing Test Case
- Test Cases For Change Password
Some apps also use the checkbox data to decide user behavior for their further usage of the application. In either case, checkboxes decide the user’s choices.
Test Case For Checkbox
In this post, we will discuss test cases for checkboxes. Checkboxes are often on forms used to take input from the user against multiple options. Users can select single or several choices by clicking on the checkboxes depending on the requirements. Professional sample test cases for the checkbox are below:
- Check if the checkbox present on the webpage is in the correct position.
- Check if the Checkbox is clickable/Selectable or not by the mouse or keyboard.
- Check the width and height of the check box are as per the requirement document.
- Check if the border radius for the checkbox is rounded or corner edge.
- Check if the user is able to select the check box by using the keyboard.
- Check is the user can uncheck the check box by clicking over it.
- Check if the user is able to select multiple checkboxes at once.
- Check the label text and check box are properly aligned.
- Check the selection of checkboxes through the keyboard “Tab ” button.
- Check on click on the label text whether the check box is checked or not.
- Check whether the user-selected check box values should save in the database after clicking on the Submit button or not.
- Check is there any validation is applied for the check box or not. If validation is applied then click on submit button and an alert or error message must appear.
- Check the default status of the checkboxes should be as per the requirement document.
- Check whether the alignment of the text box is proper or not in all browsers.
- Check the order of the checkbox is as per the requirement document.
- Check during the loading of the page the check box should not be clickable.
- Check the color for the tick by clicking the checkbox.
- Check the user can uncheck the checkbox by clicking on it.
- Check whether the text box is checked or not by clicking on the label text.
- Check if the selection control is inactive when the page is loaded.
- Check is the initial focus of the checkbox is on the first checkbox.
Test Cases For Remember Me Checkbox
- Check if the user is able to select the remember me checkbox or not. (Active or not).
- Check whats the default status of the checkbox, whether it is checked or unchecked when the user enters the username and password.
- Check whether the remember me checkbox is enabled or not after filling in the username and password.
- Check on selects the remember me checkbox if the user clicks on the login or submit button, and the username and password are saved in the browser cookies.
- Check if the user revisits the login page then the username and password showing in the respective field.
- Check if the user is able to log in without selecting the remember me checkbox.
- Revisit the page and check the fields after clearing the browser cookies.
- Check if the user is able to log in after clearing the browser cookies.
- Check that username and password in the browser. cookies when the user visits again and unchecked the remember me checkbox.
- Check the checkbox when the user selects the remember me checkbox, the checkbox should be displayed as selected.
- Check if the user is login by selecting the remember me checkbox and if the user tries to log in next time then it should not ask for the user credentials.
- Check when the user is not selected the remember me checkbox then the checkbox should be displayed as unchecked.
- Check if the remember me checkbox is not checked then the username and password should not be saved in the cookies.
These are some of the test cases that I can think of while viewing the screenshot. You can come up with more test cases for the current scenario. I hope this post on checkbox test cases helped you.
Feel free to let me know if you have any other test cases to be considered. You can also submit additional test cases in the below comments. Feel free to suggest additional test case-related questions in the comments. I’d appreciate it if you share this article on social media or in forums.