Test Cases For Chat Application: This is due to the quality they maintain, and quality comes with the testing process, so here I have outlined those points that would help you understand the process precisely.
A chat application is a type of software that enables users to communicate with each other. Applications can be anything from a chat room to an online forum. It allows users to communicate through text, voice, and video calls. It also lets them post messages and share information in real time.
Chat application test cases help the development team understand how their app works in an easy, readable format. The process starts with an initial set of test cases that reflect the expected use case for your chat application. Next, you add a series of new test cases to reflect the underlying behavior better.
|About||Test Cases For Chat Application|
|Category||Test Case Template|
|Join Here||SoftwareTestingo Telegram Group Link|
Chat Application For Business
A Chat Application for Business is an online messaging service that enables users to communicate with each other and interact with customers, vendors, and business partners via live video calling.
The application was created as a standalone chat service accessed from any web browser. The application uses flash-based technology to provide audio, video, file-sharing, and screen-sharing features. Here are some examples of chat applications for business:
- Microsoft Teams
- Troop Messenger
Chat Application With Firebase
Nowadays, all the major apps are now using chat features. This is because chat services can be used for many other applications and are also a great way to reduce the load on your app. Woopra has created an online Firebase chat service that allows you to create as many chats as you need.
Firebase is a back-end platform provided by Google to enable developers to build full-stack applications. It provides programmers with authentication options, Storage, databases, hosting, A/B testing, etc.
Chat Application Web
When working for an organization, we always expect a quick response; chat applications help get a quick response. But when you have categorized the chat application, there are two types of applications. That is a standalone application and web application.
Most applications are moving to the cloud, so users use the chat application web version regularly. Here are some of the popular chat applications on the web:
- Facebook Messenger
Test Cases For Chat Application
Some of the Positive and Non-Functional Test Cases/Scenarios of Chat Application/Functionality, whether a web application or mobile application, are:
- Verify that at least two Users should be available for the chat.
- Verify that at least two devices (Desktop, Laptop, Phone, etc.) should be available.
- Verify that the Chat application has been installed on two devices at least.
- Verify that the Chat application should be launched or evoked.
- Verify that any Medium, like the Internet, Wifi, Bluetooth, Public Switched Telephone Networks, W-Lan Networks, LAN networks, etc., should be available for the Chat functionality.
- Verify that Users can send requests to other Users for a chat or not.
- Verify how many words or characters can be sent at a time.
- Verify whether the User’s Status (Active, Inactive, Invisible, etc.) is changing.
- Verify whether the user can create an Account in the Chat application.
- Verify whether the user can log in to a Chat application or not.
- Verify whether the User can log in to a system simultaneously with two or more different IDs.
- Verify that the User can send messages to other offline Users.
- Verify whether the User can see the time of comment in Chat.
- Verify whether the user can send special characters in Chat or not.
- Verify, “Is it a Forum or Contact Us Chat functionality where any user can leave a message or not?”
- Please verify that the User can set their profile pic to be visible to other users.
- Verify whether users can accept requests from other Users for a chat.
- Verify whether users can Add or Remove other Users from their Chat list.
- Verify whether users can create a chat group or not.
- Verify whether Users can Chat with their group or not.
- Verify that Users can see current Chat/discussion in the group.
- Verify whether users can see the chat history of the group or not.
- Verify that Users can join current Chat/discussions in their group.
- Verify that Multiple Users can chat or discuss in their group simultaneously, and every Chat should be visible to every group member.
- Please verify that the Chat application or functionality saves their Chat history or removes it after the session expires/or the Chat application closes.
- Verify that the User’s name should be displayed to others in the Chat application while chatting with other Users or groups.
- Verify that whenever any member joins or leaves the Chat/discussion, it should be notified in the group and visible to every member.
- Verify whether the user can edit or delete its Chat or not.
- Verify whether the User can share images, videos, documents, etc.
- Verify whether the user can share hyperlinked URLs and emails or not.
- Verify whether or not the Profanity filter has been used in the Chat application/functionality.
- Verify that files have a size limit if any file (Video, image, documents, etc.) is uploaded and shared through the Chat application/functionality.
- Verify that the User can Chat in any language with the User if that language is locally identified and registered by the governing body.
- Verify that the User can Chat with the User in any language if that language is globally identified.
- Verify whether the User can translate the Chats of other users into any desired language.
- Verify that the Chat application can display the device used to send messages.
- Verify that the Chat application can display whether the User has seen comments or comments.
- Verify that the User is chatting with only original Users, not any bot.
- Verify that the User can send any emoticons or not.
- Verify whether the User can use Copy and Paste in Chat functionality.
- Verify that the User can chat with two or more different devices with one ID at a time to another user or in a group.
- Verify whether “A User can log in to two different devices simultaneously.”
- Verify, “How long is it taking to send a message from one user to another?”
- Verify, “How long is it taking to send a message in a group?”
- Verify, “How long is it taking to send a message from one User to another if the internet is weak?”
- Verify that “How long can a chat be saved?”
Many more test cases/scenarios can be implemented because the human mind has no limits to thinking. Please let us know in the comment section if you think of another test scenario we missed.
FAQS on Test Case For Chat Application
What is a chat application?
A chat application makes it easy to communicate with people anywhere in the world by sending and receiving messages in real time. Users can receive the same engaging and lively interactions with a chat app through custom messaging features, just as they would in person.
Which is the best chatting app?
Here is the list of best apps for the Android platform: Band, Discord, Facebook Messenger (and Messenger Lite), Signal Private Messenger & Slack
What is the best free chat app?
We will now share this year’s best and most popular chat apps: WhatsApp, Telegram, Line, WeChat, Skype, Viber & Signal.