Test Cases For Chat Application: This is due to the quality which they maintain and quality comes with the testing process, so here I have outlined those points that would help you understand the process precisely.
A chat application is a type of software that enables users to communicate with each other. Applications can be anything from a chat room to an online forum. It allows users to communicate through text, voice, and video calls. It also lets them post messages and share information in real time.
Chat application test cases help the development team understand how their app works in an easy, readable format. The process starts with an initial set of test cases that reflect the expected use case for your chat application. Next, you add a series of new test cases to better reflect the underlying behavior.
|About||Test Cases For Chat Application|
|Category||Test Case Template|
|Join Here||SoftwareTestingo Telegram Group Link|
Chat Application For Business
A Chat Application for Business is an online messaging service that enables users to communicate with each other and interact with customers, vendors, and business partners via live video calling.
The application was created as a standalone chat service that can be accessed from any web browser. The application uses flash-based technology to provide audio, video, file sharing, and screen sharing features. Here are some of the examples of chat applications for business:
- Microsoft Teams
- Troop Messenger
Chat Application With Firebase
Nowadays all the major apps are now using chat features. This is because chat services can be used for many other applications and are also a great way to reduce the load on your app. Woopra has created an online Firebase chat service that allows you to create as many chats as you need.
Firebase is a back-end platform provided by Google to enable developers to build full-stack applications. It provides programmers with authentication options, Storage, databases, hosting, A/B testing, and so on.
Similar Test Cases
- Test Case For Facebook
- Test Case For Facebook log in
- Test Case For Google Hangout
- Test Case For Group Chat
- Test Case For Messages
- Test Case For Mobile Apps
Chat Application Web
When we are working for an organization we always expected a quick response and for that chat, applications are helping to get a quick response. But when you have categorized the chat application there are two types of applications. that is a standalone application and web application.
As most of the applications are moving to the cloud, the chat application web version is used regularly by the users. Here are some of the popular chat applications web:
- Facebook Messenger
Test Cases For Chat Application
Some of the Positive and Non-Functional Test Cases/Scenarios of Chat Application/Functionality whether it is a web application or mobile application are:
- Verify there is a minimum of two Users who should be available for the chat.
- Verify there are a minimum of two devices (Desktop, Laptop, Phones, etc) that should be available.
- Verify that the Chat application has been installed on two devices at least.
- Verify that the Chat application should be launched or evoked.
- Verify that any Medium like Internet, Wifi, Bluetooth, Public Switched Telephone Network, W-Lan Network, Lan Network, etc. should be available for the Chat functionality.
- Verify that Users are able to send requests to other Users for a chat or not.
- Verify how many words or characters can be sent at a time.
- Verify that the Status (Active, Inactive, Invisible, etc.) of the User is changing or not.
- Verify whether the user is able to create an Account in the Chat application or not.
- Verify whether the user is able to log in to a Chat application or not.
- Verify that the User is able to Login into a system simultaneously with two or more different IDs or not.
- Verify that the User is able to send messages to other offline Users.
- Verify that the User is able to see the time of comment in Chat or not.
- Verify whether the user is able to send special characters in Chat or not.
- Verify that “is it a Forum or Contact us Chat functionality where any user can leave a message or not?”
- Verify that the User is able to set their profile pic which is visible to other users or not.
- Verify that Users are able to accept requests from other Users for chat or not.
- Verify that Users are able to Add or Remove other Users from their Chat list or not.
- Verify that Users are able to create a Chat group or not.
- Verify that Users are able to Chat with their group or not.
- Verify that Users are able to see current Chat/discussion in the group.
- Verify that Users are able to see the Chat history of the group or not.
- Verify that Users are able to join current Chat/discussion in their group.
- Verify that Multiple Users can do Chat or discussion in their group simultaneously and every Chat should be visible to every member of the group.
- Verify that the Chat application or functionality saves their Chat history or removes it after the session expires/ Chat application closes.
- Verify that name of the User should be displayed to others in the Chat application while chatting with other Users or groups.
- Verify that whenever any member joins or leaves the Chat/discussion then it should be notified in the group and is visible to every member of the group.
- Verify whether the user is able to edit or delete its Chat or not.
- Verify that the User is able to share images, videos, documents, etc or not.
- Verify that the User is able to share hyperlinked URLs, Emails, or not.
- Verify that the Profanity filter has been used in the Chat application/functionality or not.
- Verify that is there any size limit of files if any file (Video, Image, Documents, etc.) is uploading and shared through the Chat application/functionality.
- Verify that the User is able to Chat in any language with the Users if that language is locally identified and registered by the governing body or not.
- Verify that the User is able to Chat in any language to the Users if that language is globally identified or not.
- Verify that the User is able to translate the Chats of other users into any desired language or not.
- Verify that the Chat application is able to display which device has been used to send messages or not.
- Verify that the Chat application is able to display whether comments or comments have been seen by the respective User or not.
- Verify that the User is chatting with only original Users not any bot.
- Verify that the User is able to send any emoticons or not.
- Verify whether the User is able to use Copy and Paste functionality in Chat functionality or not.
- Verify that the User is able to chat with two or more different devices with one ID at a time to another user or in a group.
- Verify that “A User is able to login into two different devices at a time or not?”
- Verify that “How much time is it taking to send a message from one user to another?”
- Verify that “How much time is it taking to send a message in a group?”
- Verify that “How much time is it taking to send a message from one User to another if the internet is weak?”
- Verify that “How long a chat can be saved?”
There are many more Test Cases/Scenarios that can be implemented because the human mind has no limit to thinking. If you think of another test scenario that we have missed then you can let us know in the comment section.
FAQS on Test Case For Chat Application
What is a chat application?
A chat application makes it easy to communicate with people anywhere in the world by sending and receiving messages in real time. With a chat app, users are able to receive the same engaging and lively interactions through custom messaging features, just as they would in person.
Which is the best chatting app?
Here is the list of best apps for the android platform: Band, Discord, Facebook Messenger (and Messenger Lite), Signal Private Messenger & Slack
What is the best free chat app?
We are now going to share the best and most popular chat apps of this year: WhatsApp, Telegram, Line, WeChat, Skype, Viber & Signal