Test Cases for Social Network Widgets Or Test Cases For Twitter: The word ‘Social Networking site’ needs no definition. It plays a major role in helping users to connect. Apart from this, they also play a crucial role in promoting business (increasing traffic to one’s site).
|Post On:||Test Case For Social Network Widgets|
|Post Type:||Test Case Template|
|Applicable For:||Freshers & Experience|
|Join Here:||Software Testingo Group|
This article will see all possible test cases for testing a site with social networking implemented. Testing is almost similar on Facebook, Twitter, and google plus.
Test Cases For Social Media
Test Scenarios For Facebook [ Like button ]
- Check if the user is login and on clicking the like button, the user is re-directed to the corresponding Facebook login page (NB: Latest revision includes liking without login).
- Check if the login user can like the page.
- If the user is like a post/page, then the number of likes increases.
- After liking, that activity is displayed on the user’s profile page.
- Check if the user can, unlike the page.
- Check on un-liking; the number of likes gets decremented.
- Check if the user can comment on the comment block.
- Check if the user can like it and reply to the comments entered by other users.
- Check if the recent comments are displayed on the block’s top.
- Check if the user can delete/edit the entered comments.
Test Cases For Twitter
- Check on clicking the Twitter button, and the user gets directed to the Twitter sign-in page.
- Check on signing in, and the user can share that page (tweet).
- Check on tweeting; the count on the Twitter button gets incremented.
- When clicking the google plus button, the user is re-directed to the corresponding Gmail sign-in page.
- Check on signing in, and the user can share the page.
- Check on sharing, the count on the google plus button increases.
NB: It was found that social networking sites are more often revising their functionalities. Therefore before testing the application, make sure you go through the recent revisions and test accordingly.