Calendar App Test Cases [Mobile Phone / Smartphone ]: Let’s discuss Sample Test Cases for Calendar App. Consider any android calendar app. In our case here in this post, I am going to use an example of MIUI’s calendar app. You can also use the default android calendar app. But each phone comes with a tweaked version of that app. And it becomes difficult to have scenarios for the UI because of that. In such case let’s stick with one ROM and then make a sample test cases for that calendar app.
Note: There is no specific version of MIUI in consideration here. However, make sure to use MIUI 9 onward or say 10 for a specific application of the below test cases. You may also want to download this app on your android phone if you want. Alternatively, watch some YouTube video for learning about this app so you can get the scenarios much more quickly.
More Test Case Examples
Before we head down to the test cases and scenarios, let’s first discuss what calendar app should do?
- The calendar app is meant to show the current date is highlighted.
- Calendar app should open to default month.
These two are the basic requirement of any calendar be it a paper calendar or even the digital calendar app. Anything additional than this should be considered as an extra feature and luxury for the users. So we are going to keep this basic requirement in mind and test for the scenarios that include this along with the features specific to the calendar app in MIUI ROM.
How to Write Test Cases For Calendar App
Here are some of the test cases for Calendar App.
- Does this calendar app show the current date?
- Does this calendar app show current month?
- How the previous dates are highlighted or shadowed?
- Does the date in the past or future allow editing for notes?
- Does the calendar app allow adding the option of tasks?
- Does the calendar app allow displaying the current year?
- Does the app allow navigation for previous months of the year?
- Does the calendar app allow settings for the UI colors?
- Does the calendar show any religious significance of the date?
- Does the calendar show any historical significance of the date?
- Does the calendar follow your timezone?
- Does the calendar defaults to China or US timezone?
- Does the calendar app have columns for each day to sort dates?
- Does the calendar have any way to highlight the current date?
- Does the calendar app have visibility for the current holidays?
- Does the calendar app have the option to customize it?
- Does the calendar app allow the user to add horoscope option?
- Does the calendar app allow storing the birthday?
- Does this calendar app allow you to store events?
- Does this calendar app allow you to store anniversary?
- Does this calendar app allow you to store countdown?
- Does this calendar app allow you to sync with Mi account?
- Does this calendar app allow you to sync with Google account?
- Does this calendar app allow you to check panchang (Hindu star-sign significance)?
- Does this calendar app allow you to retain data if you move to another device?
These are some of the calendar specific scenarios that I can think of. Again you can go deeper with feature-specific tests. Like, say syncing and adding events, etc. You can get deeper depending on how you wish to test them. Most of the automated tests make it easier for you to cover multiple tests. So I hope that the test scenarios and test cases explained here are helpful to you. Do let me know if you have any specific test cases missed by me.
I hope you find these test cases useful. If you have any other test cases and suggestions in mind then feel free to suggest in the comments. I’d appreciate if you share the post on social media.