Publicis Sapient Bangalore for Selenium & API Testing Profile
Company Name: Publicis Sapient
Date: Jan 2020
Experience Level: 4 – 8 Years
There were four rounds:
- Written Round
- First Technical
- Psychometric Test
- Managerial Round
There was 10-10 objective question with options each from Selenium and Java. From Java maximum were programming questions. Questions were related to Access specifiers, object creation, overloading, variables and collections. Questions were tricky. So you need to concentrate well while answering.
Selenium questions were straight forward. I remember two questions only. The return type of getWindowHandles() and What is WebDriver. Other questions were very easy. Your basics need to be cleared.
Although this round is easy maximum rejection happened in this round only.
First Technical Round:
I think this is a deciding round. They have a big panel so an interviewer takes a good time to evaluate candidates. A lot of questions were asked.
- How do you run feature files parallel in Cucumber?
- How do you share states between scenarios? Write code.
- There is an Employee web table. How you will store data in a collection optimally so that retrieving details of any employee is easier.
- Write a Java program to the right rotates the elements of an array by N.
- What are the exceptions you have faced and how you resolved?
- How do you use the optimal page object model?
- Explain the current framework and list drawbacks of that.
- Have you used stream API in Java?
- Tell me to step by step process of Integrating Selenium, Cucumber and TestNG.
- How do you serialize and desalinize Json Object?
- Say my error codes and how did you resolve it?
- What is JWT?
- Difference between POST, PUT and PATCH?
- What is POJO?
- They will ask many cross questions based on your answer. So drive it well.
Psychometric tests are a standard and scientific method used to measure individuals’ mental capabilities and behavioural style. Psychometric tests are designed to measure candidates’ suitability for a role based on the required personality characteristics and aptitude (or cognitive abilities). They identify the extent to which candidates’ personality and cognitive abilities match those required to perform the role. Employers use the information collected from the psychometric test to identify the hidden aspects of candidates that are difficult to extract from a face-to-face interview.
This test will be online and no technical questions.
It had less technical more scenarios based questions.
- How you convince your senior when senior advice some incorrect technical concept?
- What is your role in the sprint?
- How do you perform automation in a sprint?
- How you increase your technical competencies?
- Difference between Sprint and Kanban?
- Suppose there is no existing automation framework and from the first day you need to start automation of stories in the sprint. How you will start?
- Have you published any article or white papers?
- How many certifications you have done?
Sapient Interview Questions
- What are Packages
- Java program to compare 2
- Web tables
- Page object model
- Selenium, where do you, download from
- A new laptop. What all you need to download to run a selenium script
- Jar files
- QA QC
- Verification n validation
- Bug lifecycle
- Retesting n regression testing
- Write the whole script to launch a browser. Explain each statement
- Drag n drop
- SDLC n STLC
- Priority n severity
- JIRA, Bugzilla
- Absolute coat relative XPath
- / and // difference
- How can you run multiple browsers parallels
- How to get the results of tests
- Apache POI
- Versions used
- Build path process
Sapient Automation Interview Questions
- String and Collection in java
- 2,7,10 print the values which are missing between these elements? but not input value(2,7,10)
- Find the duplicates in an array?
- How to select the last option in the dropdown -list?
- POM based questions
- Which framework used in the current company
- Worked on the BDD framework?
Sapient Selenium Automation Testing Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are the test phases you have worked on?
- Have you involved in test planning?
- Have you given estimations?
- Which tools have you used for bug tracking?
- Explain the defect lifecycle.
- What was your responsibility in your current role?
- Write the test case template which you used.
- As you have worked on web services, which tool you have used? Explain.
- Which model have you worked on?
- Have you worked on cms? Explain
- What is RTM?
- How good you are in java.
- He started with basics.
- What is a class?
- What is the constructor?
- What is the difference between static n nonstatic data members?
- Have you used collections?
- Explain when we go for ArrayList n when we go for the set.
- Difference between hashmap n hashtable
- How good are you in Selenium?
- When we go for automation?
- Where you were storing your automation scripts
- I need to modify the test script. Explain how you will access GitHub n modify.
- How many automation scripts that you can write per day.
- We are in system testing phase n parallelly POC is going on wrt automation. Are you comfortable working in the manual testing team currently?
- If there is tracker- requirement assigned to handle, what is your approach?
- Sapient string to reverse.
- Extract only numbers in the given string Sap1ent
- How good are you in Selenium?
- Have you built a framework?
- Explain the framework used in your project?
- How were you passing multiple data to your test script?
- Wap to select multiple elements in the list n extract the elements selected.
- Have you used synchronization?
- What is the difference between implicit n explicit wait?
Check Also: SapientNitro Interview Questions
Sapient Interview Process
Company: Sapient Global Markets
College: MNIT Jaipur
CTC: 4.5LPA (Bond Agreement of 1.5 years which includes 6 months of Training Period)
I would add here that SGM is majorly into developing a Trading application. SGM – GlobalMarketInstitute would provide you with 6 months of training in technology(Java/DotNet) and Finance (Share /Exchange /Equities, etc.), which would be a great experience. Hence knowledge and interest in Share Trading stuff are highly appreciated if you plan to grow your career in Sapient Global Markets.
Read Also: Jenkins Interview Questions for DevOps
Vendor based online test consisting of 4 sections –
- Logical Reasoning
- English and Technical(C/C++/DS/Debugging based Questions).This includes Sectional CutOff, as well.
Another One on One Interview. Technical Questions on Languages/DataBases and Projects/Internships mentioned by you in your Resume. Lots of Puzzles.
In my case, the interviewer asked me questions on Database ( 3-4 queries), PHP, HTML, CSS, Internship, C/C++ Basics. Also, I had 4 puzzles.
- 8 Balls puzzle, one defective?
- Inheritance in java?
- Overloading and Overriding?
- WAP to check if no is a palindrome or not?
- Primary key and Composite key?
- Without lifting the pen, meet 9 points arranged in a square of 3×3, using 4 lines?
- If I am ready to relocate anywhere in India or Outside upon company needs.
- If I am ready to accept a project in Java if Sapient had trained you in DotNet earlier.
- Why I want to join Sapient.
- My Expectations from Sapient.
- What is Counter-Strike? ( I mentioned winning a couple of gaming events in my Resume)
- What is Trading/Stocks/Exchange? (I had shown my interest in these things by mentioning the development of DalalStreet website by me)
- What are you proud of apart from your website DalalStreet and a few more.
Key: Just be yourself and be confident in whatever you say. Show your eagerness to learn things (even if you don’t want to ). If you don’t know anything, Confidently speak up, you don’t know. They hardly care; they only see if you are willing to learn.
Thanks, Rakesh, for contributing to this article. If you would like to contribute, mail us your interview experience at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will like to publish it on SoftwareTestingo and help other job seekers.
Check Also: TCS Selenium Interview Questions
Sapient is a marketing and consulting company that provides business, marketing, and technology services to clients. The company operates three divisions, SapientRazorfish, Sapient Global Markets, and Sapient Government Services