Adding Beneficiary Test Case Template
In our previous post, we have discussed how to write test cases for Account Deactivation, and now in this post, we are going to discuss how to write test cases for Adding Beneficiary.
You can also check all the test cases which are shared by the softwaretestingo team using this test case example test link.
What is a beneficiary account?
Before we start to write the test scenario for Adding Beneficiary, lets us first know what the meaning of a beneficiary account is?
In simple words, if we say the beneficiary account is one type of Demat account. That can be in the name of an Individual (single or jointly). This is similar to a bank account, and also it can be in the name of the society, trust, Corporate, or a partnership firm.
Sometimes we are confused about finding what the beneficiary meaning is in Marathi? In the Marathi language, we are calling the Beneficiary as Labharthi (लाभार्थी).
How to Add Beneficiary?
To perform this, you must have enabled net banking on your account. If you have already enabled net banking, then you need to login to your account with your valid credentials.
After that click on fund transfer then try various scenarios like
- Try to add an invalid account number and expect an error message.
- Try to add with new bank details and click on ok. After that, check for an error message.
- Try to add valid account details and click on Ok. Then you can expect an alert message for adding Beneficiary. Also, you can check for an OTP for confirmation before adding.
After that, you can verify whether the Beneficiary is added successfully or not. For this scenario, I am considering the login attempt is already performed, and we are checking for the Add Beneficiary form only till adding it.
Test Case For Adding Beneficiary
The least count of test cases I can suggest for Adding a beneficiary account is:
Adding Beneficiary Scenario UI Testing
- The very first thing I’ll check is the spelling on the UI is correct or not, and the alignment of the elements is proper.
Test Case For Adding Beneficiary Functional Testing
- Check the submit button should not be enabled without filling any fields.
- Check after fill all the mandatory fields is the submit button should be enabled.
- Check all the optional fields and check the submit button is enable or not.
- Check is the form is submitted or not after fill all the mandatory fields and click on submit button.
- Check is the form is submitted or not with invalid data.
- Check, are you able to add with partial valid data and incomplete, invalid data? (invalid name but valid IFSC Code)
- Check you are getting an error message or not when both account numbers and confirm account number values are not the same.
- Check you can add an existing user for the second time?
- Check, are you able to add the same Beneficiary with different details (Probably different email ID and phone number, but same account details or vice versa)?
- Check the Account number field values are masked or not. (Display in Astric or Bullet)
- Enter valid data and check if OTP is getting generated or not. (It should ask for OTP, and without OTP it should not add Beneficiary)
- If you enter an invalid OTP, then the Beneficiary should not be combined, and an error message should be displayed.
- Check if the OTP is not filled within the time limit, then the OTP should be invalid, and the Beneficiary should not be added.
- Check how much time it takes to load each page
- Check if you have opened the same account in two different browsers (Like FF and Chrome) and trying to add the same Beneficiary
I think I have covered pretty much a widespread test scenario of the test cases for Adding Beneficiary. But after going through the list, if you find the missed test scenarios, then you can add that in the comment section.
But still, you are interested in writing more test scenarios on this. Then we suggest you can follow the below things and get an idea of how things are going on.
- What is the Beneficiary named in a bank?
- How to remove Beneficiary from net banking?
- Beneficiary Details
- Search Beneficiary Details
- Beneficiary Name Meaning
- Search Beneficiary Details by Name
if you are interested in contributing something to the testing community, then you can reach us at email@example.com.
✅ What are the test cases are covered for Adding Beneficiary?
In this post we are try to cover various scenarios like UI Testing, Security Testing, Performance Testing & Functional Testing.
✅ Can you share some positive and negative test scenarios for adding Beneficiary?
You can read this post for both the positive and negative scenarios for adding beneficiary.
✅ What the beneficiary meaning is in Marathi?
we are calling the Beneficiary as Labharthi (लाभार्थी).