How to Write a Resume That Will Get You an Interview
How to Make Resume
- When you appear in an interview for Selenium profiles, maximum questions are asked from Core Java. If I talk about the ratio of Java and selenium, it will be 70:30.
- The interviewer asked questions by looking at your resume, which means you can make the interviewer ask those questions only, which you know. That is the reason that why should you prepare a good CV.
- You should include more technical competencies rather than projects overview and all.
- Below topics are important in Java for Selenium:
- ops concepts, Overloading, Overriding, Constructors, Method chaining, Inheritance, Static Non-Static, Access specifiers, Access Modifiers, String, Arrays, Sorting, Searching, Exception Handling, Basics of threads, Good knowledge of Collections framework, Basics of abstract class and interface, Date, and calendar in java
- You should include some points from the above topics in the resume. For example, Good knowledge of Collection, String, etc. The interviewer will ask from the mentioned topics most of the time.
- If I talk about the Selenium framework, the maximum interviewer will ask to explain the framework, and you need to explain from scratch till the final stage. Believe me, if you can explain the framework thoroughly, the interviewer will not ask any further questions.
- If you have not worked on any particle part of Selenium, never mention in the resume and verbally. It is like you are giving your weak points to the interviewer.
- Mentioned type of framework you have worked on and handling web elements like the drop-down, calendar, Dynamic web table, Ajax application, etc. It will make a positive impact.
- Always write code and show rather than explaining verbally. It will be very positive.
- Some interviewer wants to know your speed in creating scripts. People say directly 2-5. But it depends on a number of steps and complexity. You should mention these things. It will show that you know how to estimate things.
- The interviewer expects that you should have basics knowledge of Maven, Git, Docker, Jenkins, which are supporting tools for Selenium. You should mention these in the resume.
We have read how to write a resume
If you like SoftwareTestingo and would like to contribute something to this community, then you can also write an article using our Contact us page or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. So that we can review your article, and that also appears on the SoftwareTestingo.com main page and help other Testers.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by commenting on the comment box, and we are happy to work on the article to maintain accuracy and improvement.