Rest API Interview Questions: Here we are going to share some of the commonly asked Rest API Interview Questions for our visitors. These are mostly asked questions as per my experience in interviews and work.
Rest API Testing Tool Interview Questions
- What are Web services?
- What is the difference between SOAP and REST
- What is REST API
- What is the difference between Web services testing and API testing
- Difference between XML and HTML
- What is Assertion
- Types of Assertions
- Difference between Xpath and XQuery
- Types of Properties and their syntaxes
- What is Data-Driven Testing
- What is the Data Source Test step
- Explain about JDBC process
- How to Connect JDBC to SOAP UI
- What is Connection String in JDBC
- Difference between SOAP UI FREE v/s SOAP UI PRO
- What are Data Sink and Data gen test steps in soapui pro
- How to Transfer value using Property Transfer
- What are Mock services
- How to do Service mocking
- What is the process of SOAP UI Testing
- What is WSDL
- What are the parameters are in WSDL
- Explore the WSDL
- Is WSDL is necessary for SOAP UI
- Difference between HTTP and HTTPS
- Why HTTP is important in Webservices
- What is an Endpoint?
- What are the HTTP methods and HTTP Status Codes?
- Explain different types of HTTP methods and Usages
- Explain about different Status codes
- Types of HTTP Status codes
- What is the Request Header ? and its format?
- What is Response Header ? and Its format?
- What are tools are available for SOAP testing
- Do u have experience in Load Testing
- How to test Load Testing
- What are TPS, Response Time, and Breakeven point
- Absolute vs Relative Xpath?
- What are Name Space and its usage
- How to write Xpath for access attributes?
- SOAP UI Architecture
- How to generate Reports in Free Version
Real Time Rest API Interview Questions
- Different HTTP methods
- HTTP status codes ( 200/400/500 series)
- 401 vs 403
- Query and path parameters
- How to construct JSON request (POJO/JSON Object/JSON Arrays)
- How to validate Response ( POJO / json path /object Mapper)
- How to validate/test api(different cases )
- What is Authorization or api keys
- RestAssured code snippets or HTTP client code snippets
I’ll update this post for new matters that are asked. So we request to all visitors share their experience on REST API and API Related interviewed questions with us. If you have any queries related to this post please leave a comment and we will update you as soon as possible.
Check Also: API Web Services Interview Questions
FAQ On Rest API
Here are the some of frequently asked Rest API Interview Questions.
What is REST API?
REST API is an acronym for Representational State Transfer. REST API provides a framework for designing network applications by using HTTP requests and responses.
It helps to build reliable and secure distributed systems that scale to meet the needs of large organizations while remaining simple enough for small teams or individuals to use them effectively.
It’s an architectural style that describes how resources are manipulated in the application using URIs (Uniform Resource Identifiers) and HTTP methods such as GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, etc.
Rest API Definition?
A REST API is a web application interface that provides access to data or functionality on one computer system via the network using standard, stateless HTTP requests.
The advantage of this method is that it can be used from any programming language, with any networking library.
It also allows developers to work with APIs without knowing how they are implemented or what they do.
What are Rest API best practices?
Rest API best practices are usually described as the following:
• Take care of authentication, including basic authentication and token-based authentication.
• Use different HTTP methods for different requests.
• Put performance in mind when designing your API. You may need to use caching or compression depending on your needs.
• Make sure you implement rate-limiting appropriately to avoid any security risks.